Seattle SuperSonics Thread

Got me feeling like

At this point as long as the Maloofs don't own the team in either city, I'm happy
laugh.gif
If the Kings move... I can at least take solace in this 
laugh.gif

The Wire 
nthat.gif

I hope the Magoofs fail all their businesses and go under...**** that broke *** family.

I hope the Magoofs fail all their businesses and go under...**** that broke *** family.
I'm confidant they will.

Their self-proclaimed "amazing, greatest Vodka of all time" is sold exclusively in Nevada at Lee's Discount Liquor 
roll.gif

I'm confidant they will.

Their self-proclaimed "amazing, greatest Vodka of all time" is sold exclusively in Nevada at Lee's Discount Liquor :rofl:

I think this is my favorite part about their failures as businessmen. Surprised it's not the exclusive vodka of The Palms.

But why are we hearing about it today? Why not Wednesday when reports first came out? That indicates the situation is dire. All I'm saying.
Because potential buyers have been rejected before when they asked to purchase. And it wasn't til yesterday the Maloofs formally indicated a deal is in the works.

Deek, SamShox

I have nothing better to do right now cuz of Christmas break 
laugh.gif
 I'm so bored I even went home to my parent's place 
roll.gif
 Hell I didn't even want to go to the game last night, until I realized I had nothing better to do. Glad I was a part of last night though.

Just realized its Friday... news might come out a little slower over the weekend 
ohwell.gif

:rofl: maybe a little bit of karma already rolling in. God doesn't like ugly, and also people who jump on out-of-town offers before letting the home city know their team is up for sale.

George Maloof is probably slanging on the side 
roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

I think they're leaving. The only way the Kings stay is if a qualified investor group overnights a clean offer directly to the NBA (which technically won't matter because the Maloofs would need to agree first) and is already in favorable standing with the other team owners and executives around the league. In this case there could be support from other organizations that suggest to Stern that the Kings stay in Sac. But it's looking like other teams are indifferent to whether they relocate or not (besides Jason Terry because he's from Seattle). The one thing that stands out though is that minority ownership has not been notified of a sale, which would need to happen before anything is signed and finalized.

Last edited:
:wow:  I read that douchey quote from Jason Terry, but that was about all the negative quotes I read from players. 

But I guess its an easy conclusion to come to. Sacramento has never been a free agent destination tho, we all know this. 

I've seen a few players go out of their way to spit on Sacramento. The last one I remember was Granger last year sending out a tweet that said, "just landed in sac, wtf is there to do? oh right nothing smh" :lol:

I don't recall too many cities inciting those types of comments from players other than Cleveland. Then again maybe places like Milwaukee get it too, I just only notice Sac since it's my home town.

I don't understand how the NBA or anybody can think this is ok? I understand this is a business and Seattle deserves a team but at another cities expense? They are going to take the the team from Sacramento and get turned into the Sonics erasing all the teams history. The Kings aren't moving, they're dying in Sacramento.

I don't understand how the NBA or anybody can think this is ok? I understand this is a business and Seattle deserves a team but at another cities expense? They are going to take the the team from Sacramento and get turned into the Sonics erasing all the teams history. The Kings aren't moving, they're dying in Sacramento.

:rolleyes why are people acting surprised?

Sac town has had three years now to find a buyer.... + we all knew it was going to be at another cities expense, matter of fact we told you on NT we where coming for your team.

Have a feeling people are just going to start tossing out names. Also, where were these people before? There's no way they didn't know someone like Hansen would go after the Kings. And the Maloofs have said publicly many times that they've had discussions with multiple cities about the Kings.

exactly.

Last edited:

Sac town has had three years now to find a buyer.... + we all knew it was going to be at another cities expense, matter of fact we told you on NT we where coming for your team.
exactly.
In the past 3+ years there has been multiple fair offers to purchase the Kings and keep them in Sac under new ownership, to build a new arena and offers to renovate Arco Arena, all of which have been declined by the Maloofs. The reason people are upset at this deal is because considering these previous attempts by interested investors to help out the family, team and city, this potential deal wipes away all of that effort with nothing to show. The ESPN ticker just read that a deal was not finalized, so who really knows right now. Seattle will get another NBA team but Sac only has one professional sports team.

They said they had discussions with other cities to move the team, as owners. They said multiple times they didn't want to sell the team. The city has an arena plan in place, everything is set to keep the team here. Why would the NBA allow them to sell to a group wanting to relocate when there have been people interested in buying the team, assuming the Maloof's city debt, and put money towards and arena while keeping the team here. If the NBA allows this to happen then they will fixing a wrong while committing another one.

They said they had discussions with other cities to move the team, as owners. They said multiple times they didn't want to sell the team. The city has an arena plan in place, everything is set to keep the team here. Why would the NBA allow them to sell to a group wanting to relocate when there have been people interested in buying the team, assuming the Maloof's city debt, and put money towards and arena while keeping the team here. If the NBA allows this to happen then they will fixing a wrong while committing another one.

exactly.
Incorrect. We have not had three years to look for a buyer because we've always been told the team is not for sale. Multiple buyers have inquired before and were told the same thing. These buyers that are stepping up now aren't newly interested. The only thing new is the fact that the team is now on the market.

You're acting like this team has been for sale since 2011 when this whole thing started, it even sounds like you have no idea what Sacramento has done to try to keep this team here.

You're also ignorant to the fact that Burkle was brought into the BoG meetings in 2011 with KJ and impressed Bennett and Stern enough that there were buyers like him out there, that they made Kings stay. 

As a matter of fact, the City of Sacramento has done more than probably any city ever, to try to keep their team. But lets just pretend the city never had Burkle in it's pocket, even before 2011 or that the city never came up with a entertainment and sports complex that the Maloofs, Maloofed. 

Maybe it'll help you feel better when yall get the Kings.

Last edited by a moderator:

eyes.gif
why are people acting surprised?

exactly.
Wrong. Try again.

Last edited:
Why are you guys in here anyway :lol: ? this thread is about bringing the Sonics back to Seattle.

Back
Top Bottom