Seattle SuperSonics Thread

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
Potential buyer Mark Mastrov tells @CBSSports he wants to buy the #Kings and keep them in Sacramento. #NBA http://cbsprt.co/XXkpqV
This guy made it to the final rounds of the Warriors sale.... I'm sure he knows what he is getting himself into, maybe not so much with the Maloofs, but at least with the process. So although his bankroll obviously isn't that high, he has to have a strong group.

What stuck out to the interview with Berger (just minutes ago) is that Stern's preference is for the Kings to remain in Sacramento.... not sure how to take that.

This as well
Berger goes on to note that Mastrov (or any buyer who wants to keep the team in Sacramento) would likely not have to match Seattle's offer dollar-for-dollar because of the city loan and arena lease. A new local owner would simply have to assume the loan rather than pay it immediately like Hansen/Balmer would.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why was Stern in love with OKC again?

Because the Hornets were well received the year they played there (which came as a shock to approximately nobody). That year was sort of an audition for the NBA in OKC, and a lot of people at the time felt the Hornets should have just stayed there. Clay Bennett (who had been associated with the Spurs in years past) was instrumental in getting the Hornets to come to OKC that one season though. Once Stern saw how committed Bennett was to the NBA and getting a team, he made it his new mission to get him a team. That led to the most available team at the time, which was the Sonics.

Keep in mind, Ballmer has that loan and debt money in his couch cushions. Dude is worth $17 billion. He'll have no problems taking care of that to ensure getting what he wants.

Ah ok I remember now, thanks. I would love to see how that franchise would do in say 15 years with a ****** roster like the Kings 
laugh.gif

Keep in mind, Ballmer has that loan and debt money in his couch cushions. Dude is worth $17 billion. He'll have no problems taking care of that to ensure getting what he wants.
Absolutely, but I just wanted to emphasize that the loan/debt money would be included in the sale, in order for the Maloofs to pay it off.

They agree on the price should they sell it or they reached an agreement and that's the price?

Maloofs man. You never know

Sleep Train CEO trying to get in on this.

My boy texted me Ellison possibly is behind this and has changed his tune on San Jose

Have a feeling people are just going to start tossing out names. Also, where were these people before? There's no way they didn't know someone like Hansen would go after the Kings. And the Maloofs have said publicly many times that they've had discussions with multiple cities about the Kings.

Have a feeling people are just going to start tossing out names. Also, where were these people before? There's no way they didn't know someone like Hansen would go after the Kings. And the Maloofs have said publicly many times that they've had discussions with multiple cities about the Kings.
Sacramento folks have been in contact with the Maloofs since December. I don't understand how on Seattle's side, they've been able to leak out so much 
laugh.gif

and to be accurate, they've only said they have been contacted by cities, not discussions, and that they aren't addressing rumors.

In fact their PR guy, just said that today.

Sacramento folks have been in contact with the Maloofs since December.
But why are we hearing about it today? Why not Wednesday when reports first came out? That indicates the situation is dire. All I'm saying.
You watched KJ, you know exactly what he said. He said he wasn't going to disclose these potential buyers and he was going to leave it up to these people to come out on their own.

Sure we knew Hansen and Seattle was around, but yall were always in the background. There were no indications about ANYTHING this was happening, until that Woj tweet. 

These guys were just waiting to see what the hell is going on. No need to show our hand. Plus KJ has always been tight lipped about the Maloofs, Kings, etc.

I know this is gonna sound like a bunch of smoke... but since day 1, KJ has always had a plan when it came to dealing with the Maloofs. 

I'd have lost all hope in this if it weren't for rck2 being on top of his game with these posts. :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom