Seattle SuperSonics Thread

This is basically our only pro league team being taken away from us. Other cities have had other sports to fall back on.

It's not a fun feeling. Now I'll have to hear about even more 'longtime' GSW and clipper and laker fans.

I'm just going to cheer for whichever team my boy Javale McGee is on
laugh.gif

It's been a good run kings fans
The only professional event left for ARCO is the WWE.

The Maloofs shed tears and bs last time and backed out of that deal. They didn't even shed tears yet for this one, should be easier for them to back out

Shall see. Guess I better enjoy going to a NBA game while I can w/o having to drive to Oakland to see GSW

Myself, rck, mister916, tsamshox, tyreke Evans, and the other kings fans definitely saw something like that happening.

Maloofs gon' Maloof

:lol:

I hate the maloofs for pulling this stunt on y'all now. Hansen had to have known this was coming tho

:lol:

I hate the maloofs for pulling this stunt on y'all now. Hansen had to have known this was coming tho

So, what's going on? No Kings to Seattle?

It's worse than that. Basically, the Maloofs want to be a part of ANY new ownership group (no matter the size of the stake) and still want a say in operations. Same thing happened with the Palms: sell off most of your share, but you still get to run the place. They think that will fly in the NBA (and they're wrong). This is why there are so many awful sports owners. They think what works in other businesses works in the sports world.

Common sense says if you can't act like the owners of a team if you don't have the money to own the team...

Maloofs trying to cheat common sense.

Common sense says if you can't act like the owners of a team if you don't have the money to own the team...

Maloofs trying to cheat common sense.
these idiots be trying to have their cake and eat their **** 
roll.gif

Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5
Spoke to great @WojYahooNBA who said “the league has so much invested in this”.. “The deal will eventually come to fruition” #SeattleArena

@wojyahoonba also told me "the option of keeping that team in Sacramento for another year is not appealing for (Maloofs)..or..league."

As far as whether owners would approve...@wojyahoonba says "It would be a rubber stamp, to get the approval and go to Seattle."

One more from @wojyahoonba: "In the end, there is one answer for them (Maloofs).." and that is to "complete the deal with #Seattle group."

We also talked with @Ryan_Lillis from the @sacbee today who estimates Maloof debt to Sacramento and the NBA at close to $200 Million...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom