Seattle SuperSonics Thread

You in Germany Sinner?
Sinner lives in SE Asia. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia I believe.
Nope, Sinner lives in HK.

I was up into the wee-hours of the night following the "breaking news"... 

Looks like we're still at square-one. Hmmm.

Oops, I remember you said Arsenal were going to be in town during their preseason tour and I though it was the match vs Malaysia XI you were referring to. I really want to visit HK, I'll have to hit you up if I manage to make the trip over. :D

As for the topic, I honestly dont even want the Sonics back if it means we have to steal them from another fanbase. The Sonics/basketball were a big part of my childhood but after they got taken I just stopped caring about the league. I just cant be happy watching the NBA **** another fanbase after what we went though. Screw the NBA.

^ Yep, good memory. We usually get at least 1 EPL club visiting each summer. Lots of money to be made here for them! Lol

But yeah, I was hoping to see this happen in a form of an expansion or something... While I'll be ecstatic with a team, 2 wrongs don't exactly make a right. 
As others have stated in here I feel terrible for the Kings fans. That feeling of losing your team is definitely a horrible one.

Here's to hoping that if we do get the team Sonics fans and Kings fan can coexist. We won't be like those scumbag OKC fans who rub it in your face every chance they get that they stole our team away from us
mean.gif
This is what I don't get. I'm sure it's not a fair representation of all OKC fans, but I've seen enough of it on the Internet to know there are a good number of them out there.  Do they not understand its not against the people or the city, but rather against mgmt and Stern & Co? You take someone else's team away via questionable-means and then proceed to give them crap about it? 
eyes.gif
 Classy.

Anyway, still ongoing negotiations, it seems. I feel like a 180 coming-up... 
tired.gif

^ Oh really? So for all we know, all the papers might be signed already or the complete opposite? 

So nothing official can be reported until then?

^ Oh really? So for all we know, all the papers might be signed already or the complete opposite? 

So nothing official can be reported until then?

That's what it's made out to sound like. March 1st is the deadline to submit for a relocation. Besides, a friend pointed out to me that if it was made official today or even this week, then many Kings fans probably won't even show up anymore, making it hard to sell tickets.

Not sure how much weight all of it carries, but it makes sense and is something to consider.

That's what it's made out to sound like. March 1st is the deadline to submit for a relocation. Besides, a friend pointed out to me that if it was made official today or even this week, then many Kings fans probably won't even show up anymore, making it hard to sell tickets.

your right, that does make a lot of sense. still tho, almost two months of waiting...a lot can happen between now and then tho.

I've read everything from the deal is done, to they're finalizing the deal, to the talks aren't even negotiations, to the Maloof family is split (which isn't far fetched at all)

It's fair to say that characterizing this thing is over or in ESPN and other media outlets words "Maloofs finalizing deal", would be foolish.

Pretty dope the Space Needle was Sonics green last night

Last edited by a moderator:
They better get back kd n russ to make it complete ****
Both drafted by Presti, who was hired by Bennett. And Russ was a 2008 draftee anyways (Jeff Green was drafted alongside KD), literally less than a week before they became the Thunder (along with Ibaka). I doubt they even went to Seattle. The last draftees by the original Seattle brass are mostly no longer in the NBA, guys like Robert Swift, Saer Sane, Mikael Gelabale, I think Johan Petro got picked up on a minimum deal, and of course Collison who along with KD is the only current Thunder's to have been with the orginization through the transition.

Not sure how much weight all of it carries, but it makes sense and is something to consider.
Indeed it does. More waiting then... 

Someone reported the Maloofs would be meeting with someone about renovating Sleep Train Arena in early February.

They'll undoubtedly reject it - and probably any other offers that other local investors can muster up, unless they meet or surpass the Seattle $500 mill - but it shows that they are not locked into any deal just yet if they're meeting with others.

They may be leaning towards it sure, but not finalizing it.

It still amazes me how a NBA team can go broke and the owners also :lol: :smh:

What the hell were they doing? :lol:

Plowing thru hookers and doing obscene amounts of coke while destroying all of their dead father's empire

honestly surprised the team didn't moved to Vegas, i know they were debating on moving the Kings to Vegas for awhile.

I don't ever see Vegas getting any type of professional sports team, they don't need that influence over teams and games.

I don't ever see Vegas getting any type of professional sports team, they don't need that influence over teams and games.

I'll vouch for SoCal>NorCal. But idk what the hell that had to do with the Kings leaving :lol:

Back
Top Bottom