Seattle SuperSonics Thread

But why come out and say that? Just looks bad. And now we clearly know where he stands. The guy clearly hasn't even read the MOU. So much misinformation, and he can't even spell Hansen's name right! Very unprofessional and short-sighted.

Via Twitter...

Arena vote will go before full council , CAN vote on Monday. Likely to.

fnsilh.gif

i'd love for the sonics to be back in seattle, but wasnt the low attendance the reason the sonics left?
They couldn't get a new arena deal and the old owner of the Sonics sold the team to a jerk face that intended to move the team no matter what happened to the arena.

i'd love for the sonics to be back in seattle, but wasnt the low attendance the reason the sonics left?

For the 32,673rd time, attendance had nothing to do with the Sonics leaving.

Anyway, here's a shocker: the Port can't actually come up with any data that proves a new arena would hinder their operations. They've just been stomping their feet like children just so people would pay attention to them.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2018755928_porttraffic24m.html

More from twitter....

mitch levy ‏@kjrmitch
King County will vote first on arena deal. Looking like Monday at 130pm. Insiders are guessing 7-2 in favor. #notcountingmychickens
Collapse

That seems lopsided, but I guess the county isn't on the hook for nearly as much, plus I think they like Dow Constantine more than the City Council likes Mayor McGinn (and McGinn's opponents next year will be at least one, if not two, current council members). The city vote will the be the toughest. I'm guessing 5-4, either way.

Via Twitter..
Dave Softy Mahler ‏@Softykjr
Breaking Arena News: Confirmed Wayne Gretzky in town, set to meet with Bellevue officials about NHL possibilities.

Dave Softy Mahler ‏@Softykjr
Remember what Hansen told me last week. If deal with Seattle falls apart "others will vie for this possibility."

Bellevue / Seattle i don't care where the arena is, i just want a team.

Neither do I (in regards to where it’s built). Actually, a small part of me actually wants Bellevue to build the arena (and trust me, they will jump at the opportunity). It would be the perfect karma for Seattle if they decided they didn’t want to approve the bonds and used the reasoning of not making money on the investment. Then we get to hear all the whining from the city five years down the road about business drying up in Downtown Seattle.

Last edited:
I couldn't care any less about the Sounders. I think the Everett Silvertips draw a pretty good crowd. I don't see why a Pro Hockey team couldn't be sustainable in Seattle.

OKC would be hurttt

How would they be hurt? They seem to be doing fine down there. The only way it affects them is they'd probably move divisions. Actually, there'd probably have to be some minor re-alignment, depending on which team moves here.

Again, the county isn't what I'm worried about. It's the damn city council. Although a vote in favor from the county would put a lot of pressure on the city to do something. If the mayor's office, county executive and council are all on board, it'd be really bad for the city to vote against.

Seattle Fans are passionate and live the team and city. OKC and the owner did y'all wrong. Good Luck homies, coming from NY. You guys deserve it.

Whatever. Let these dudes **** around and lose the arena to Bellevue. The Sonics and their arena belong in Seattle, but if they wanna play hardball then let 'em. Bellevue would be happy to have that money maker.

Back
Top Bottom