Seattle about to clinch the A.L. Pennant Appreciation Post (Griffey news)

I heard they traded for Kevin Mitchell....again.

Ok, truthfully, I have a friend who works closely with Bill Bavasi and he said that there is a 3 team deal in the works to bring back Eric Anthony, GaylordPerry and Mark Langston.

tongue.gif

I was spoiled growing up watching Griffey in the Kingdome.

Originally Posted by AM 1 FIEND

Originally Posted by CP1708

Maybe Seattle should solidify their pitching staff with an ace like Randy Johnson.
laugh.gif

SCHIPHU016004%7ECurt-Schilling-Randy-Johnson-2001-World-Series-Co-MVP-s-Posters.jpg

Randy Johnson 2001 season > 100 years of Chicago Scubs baseball

My dood First Born knockin Cubbies fans every chance he gets.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
That 2001 season was amazing for the Big Unit.

I'm searching for what the hell 100 years of Cubs baseball has to do with Griffey or the 90's Mariners.

I haven't found a connection yet.

Maybe I'm not looking hard enough.

Care to gimme a hand, FIRST B0RN?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

I'm searching for what the hell 100 years of Cubs baseball has to do with Griffey or the 90's Mariners.

laugh.gif

He's mad because someone asked him in another thread if Pujols is looking up at the Cubs in the stadnings. So he needs to save face with some funnyCubs quips.
laugh.gif

It's cool, he's got that next SN tucked away for the day the Cubs finally do end the streak, he'll be in hiding like it's nuclear winter.
wink.gif

Catcher Dan Wilson maybe coming back to the M's?
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
Simple:
Ken Griffey Jr played with Goose Gossage on the 1994 Mariners
Gossage played with Minnie Minoso on the 1976 Chicago White Sox
Minoso played with Phil Masi on the 1952 White Sox
Masi played with Johnny ****ey on the 1941 Boston Braves
****ey played Johnny Evers on the 1929 Boston Braves
and Johnny Evers was the best player on the 1908 Chicago Cubs the last year the one the worls series
(all done with this http://www.baseball-reference.com/oracle/link.cgi?n1=Johnny+Evers&n2=Ken+Griffey+Jr.)

I was really lucky/spoiled also growing up watching Jr. along with Randy Johnson, Alex Rodriguez, Edgar Martinez, Jay Buhner, Jamie Moyer, etc... They werereally exciting to watch.

laugh.gif

He's mad because someone asked him in another thread if Pujols is looking up at the Cubs in the stadnings. So he needs to save face with some funny Cubs quips.
laugh.gif

It's cool, he's got that next SN tucked away for the day the Cubs finally do end the streak, he'll be in hiding like it's nuclear winter.
wink.gif

Catcher Dan Wilson maybe coming back to the M's?
nerd.gif
Was 2006 really that long ago? 100 years after the Cubs last 'ship the Cards won their 10th. At least the Cards have been able to bless allgenerations of their fans with a championship. I will never forget being there at game 5 of the WS in 06, amazing.

^^^I was at jr.'s return game, all 3 actually, and that video especially being live put tears in my eyes and goosebumps on my arms for 30minutes....watching jr. go yard twice in one game in safeco field was also incredible

my favorite part of the whole series though was jr. had his first plate appearance and there was a guy on first, pitcher for the m's was makin his majorleague debut i believe, in front of a sell out and before throwin his first pitch to griffey he throws over to first base to check the runner....place goesnuts and boo's the hell out of him
roll.gif

A lot of mariner "die hards" here in seattle are whining about how it will hurt the team. The damn team has one of the worst records in baseball.m's are done for and i can barely stand watching my favorite team anymore....i dont care if griffey isnt what he used to be. I'll spend all of themoney I have to watch griffey play this summer in an M's jersey

laugh.gif

He's mad because someone asked him in another thread if Pujols is looking up at the Cubs in the stadnings. So he needs to save face with some funny Cubs quips.
laugh.gif

wink.gif

roll.gif
My man CP1708 is buggin. Actually I wouldn't have known thatcomment was made unless it was quoted. I have that guy on ignore status
laugh.gif

ska - The reason I put that pic up of Randy Johnson was because one of our favorite Cubs fan said something about theMariners bringing back ace Randy Johnson. The funny thing about that is, Randy Johnson was a World Series co-mvp, something no Cubs fan on this earth canrelate to
pimp.gif

^ No, I got that; no Cubbie fan alive can relate to winning the WS.

Awesome.

What does that have to do with the 90's Mariners or Griffey?

Nothing. I mean, he's a Dolphins fan, too. How about, in every thread he replies in, we all just clown him for the Dolphins awesome season, even if thethread is in the General forum and it's about global apartheid.
JoE TwEnTy1:
Ken Griffey Jr played with Goose Gossage on the 1994 Mariners

Gossage played with Minnie Minoso on the 1976 Chicago White Sox

Minoso played with Phil Masi on the 1952 White Sox

Masi played with Johnny ****ey on the 1941 Boston Braves

****ey played Johnny Evers on the 1929 Boston Braves

and Johnny Evers was the best player on the 1908 Chicago Cubs the last year the one the worls series
*applauds*

That was my favorite reply in the thread so far.
laugh.gif
Well played, sir.

I hear Tino Martinez is going to fill in for Sexson for the next few games while he is suspended.

.... Nah', I take that back. Tino will always be a Yankee to me
pimp.gif

Griffey going back to Seattle it seems. My Griffey Mariners jersey will even be sweeter to wear now, but it's not like it wasn't before hand
pimp.gif
I have to get a Griffey Reds though. Eventually.

Ska, Born and I are cool, it was all good natured ribbing. I know that within baseball threads I will have toanswer to the Cubs famous 100 run. It's part of what being a Cub fan is. I have no reason to run from it or hide. At the very least it's automaticproof that I don't belong in frontrunner4life's sig.
laugh.gif

Even though I'm in here fussin with Fresh, I still give dude credit because he stuck with both the M's and 6ers thru tough times. Although, he did goghost pretty quick when he realized this thread was a backfire.
roll.gif

if he plays for Seattle, I might paid my pops more visits. Hell I be at the M's game most of the time.
laugh.gif

Erik Hanson, Brian Holman, Randy Johnson, with Dave Valle catching for them
pimp.gif
Is Omar Visquel still in the league?

Being at Angels fan, i absolutely hated those Mariner teams
sick.gif
with theexception of Griffey of course

Back
Top Bottom