Seaglow Foams?

Has anyone here tried to SeaGlow their Foams? I'm interested in a pair of the Royal Foams but they have yellow soles and I'm curious as to whether ornot using SeaGlow will help the soles.

I hear seaglow is the truth, but I also heard that it can ruin a pair of kicks too. how do you use it? anyone got before and after pics

Of course it will work...only problem I've had with sea glow is it makes the soles slippery.

You also have to be careful how you apply it, I would reccomend to not get it on the foam, and also don't leave the shoes out in the hot sun because it canheat up the CF plate and warp the sole and melt the glue.

You can buy it at islandgirl.com or something like that.

Originally Posted by Foam shox

potentially a dumb question but what is seaglow?
i belive its a product they make for use on the hulls of ships, beyond that i dunno, but apparently it helps clear sole and ive even heard itcleans certain materials...

Originally Posted by air max 87

Originally Posted by Foam shox

potentially a dumb question but what is seaglow?
i belive its a product they make for use on the hulls of ships, beyond that i dunno, but apparently it helps clear sole and ive even heard it cleans certain materials...
thats pretty much it.
its a boat cleaner that does wonders on clear soles.
from the site http://www.islandgirlproducts.com/pricelist.html:
[size=+1][font=Arial,Helvetica]3. SEA GLOW[/font][emoji]8482[/emoji] [font=Arial,Helvetica]Cleanser &Conditioner.[/font][/size] [font=Arial,Helvetica]The unique effects of this amazing product have to beseen to be believed! THIS THE ONLY PRODUCT KNOWN TO RESTORES CLEAR RUBBER SNEAKER SOLES. [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica]It possessvery powerful fluorescent ingredients that react with the special blue coloration to make dull, yellowed (supposedly 'white') plastics snow-whiteagain. Such plastics include gelcoat, hypal[/font][font=Arial,Helvetica]on and vinyl. Even very bad looking fenders and dorade vents can be restored, aslong as day[/font][font=Arial,Helvetica]light is periodically present to power the fluorescence.[/font] [font=Arial,Helvetica]All the powerfuldeep-cleaning and pre[/font][font=Arial,Helvetica]servative properties of our NE[/font][font=Arial,Helvetica]UTRALCLEAR[/font][size=+1][emoji]8482[/emoji][/size] [font=Arial,Helvetica]Cleanser/Conditioner are also present.[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica]The luminous effect on other colors that are intended to be "bright" is equally amazing, especially on red, blue,yellow, orange etc. For Maroon, grey or dark green, you may use either SEA GLOW[/font][size=+1][emoji]8482[/emoji][/size][font=Arial,Helvetica] [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica]or NEUTRALCLEAR[/font][size=+1][emoji]8482[/emoji][/size][font=Arial,Helvetica] Cleanser/Conditioners. Again, the surface must besealed after use (see below). [/font] [font=Arial,Helvetica]Although[/font] [font=Arial,Helvetica]SEAGLOW[/font][size=+1][emoji]8482[/emoji][/size][font=Arial,Helvetica] [/font] [font=Arial,Helvetica]also works greaton gelcoat, our new ELIXIR[emoji]8482[/emoji] product is better for this purpose, since it also seals the surface,can be used on any color and is much better for prolonged preservation of dark colors agains fade and oxidation
[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica]A 4 Oz pack is enough for one set of sneakers, one or two dorade vents, a fender or a vinyl cushion. It is alsouseful as an anti-aging conditioner after initial cleaning byISLAND GIRL Pink[/font][size=+1][emoji]8482[/emoji][/size][font=Arial,Helvetica]or for giving additional UV protection to new white or bright-colored vinyl or hypalon. [/font]

Basically, it reverses oxidation (yellowing).

It works on Foams but I have had to use multiple doses on mine. Also, to prevent or reduce the chance of slipperiness, they recommend washing with tap waterand a mild detergent after the SeaGlowing process as it removes excess SeaGlow.

Originally Posted by s dubl

Of course it will work...only problem I've had with sea glow is it makes the soles slippery.
the slipperiness that is associated with the application of seaglow, does it go away with wear and time or is it something that lingers no matterwhat?

I still need to buy myself a bottle of those seaglows. I have a few pairs of XIs that have yellowed soles.

It works... just kinds makes the soles a little slippery as said ^^^... I will have to try hairspray to see if it gives them some stick again....
You have to use it several times but it will work in the long run, don't expect yellow soled to be ice right away again...

Has anyone ever used Barkeeper's Friend on their clear soles? I know it works wonders on the upper of the XI's and other white surfaces... I'mthinking that it could be used to PREVENT yellowing before you reach the point of no return and have to go for SeaGlow. lol

Does Any One Have Pics Of Seaglowed Foams.? (Good Or Bad Outcomes) I Havent Really Seen Too Many Failed Attempts On Foams That Ruined The Shoe...

all you have to do is search seaglow on youtube there are tons of vids on before and after and how to apply it

Originally Posted by SHU MAN FU

all you have to do is search seaglow on youtube there are tons of vids on before and after and how to apply it

Im assuming theyd look the same as the XIs. All the videos on youtube about seaglow are Jordan XIs and Vs. I have yet to see a foam video. Although i did see a foam video where dude but them in a washer...

I sea glowed my coppers last month. A few pics are below. I was also wondering what it was like to sea glow foams because all I found was advice on J's. I used NT and You tube advice; opted for the method of using lights instead of sunlight because the weather is not always permissive. " alt="image">" alt="image">" alt="image">" alt="image">" alt="image">" alt="image">" alt="image">" alt="image">" alt="image">

^^^
eek.gif
pimp.gif

I'm going to cop some seaglow and try it on a pair of my 09 eggplants ASAP!

Those look great!!

How do you store them AFTER you seaglow them? I seaglowed my 09 eggplants then took them out the box a month later and they were even more yellowed than before.

Back
Top Bottom