Scientists estimate around 50 billion planets in our galaxy....vol. we cant be alone

There are known knowns; there are things we know we know.
We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know.
But there are also unknown unknowns – the ones we don't know we don't know. -Rumsfeld..

The only true G in Bush's Admin...... lol

We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know.
But there are also unknown unknowns – the ones we don't know we don't know. -Rumsfeld..

alien.gif

Originally Posted by GhengesK

you-were-born-too-soon-15269-1284379014-8.jpg

Thinking about it, that's actually rather depressing.
laugh.gif
tired.gif

I just hope I'm around when the next technological jump occurs that will eventually allow for space travel and other inconceivable innovations.

Originally Posted by GhengesK

you-were-born-too-soon-15269-1284379014-8.jpg

Thinking about it, that's actually rather depressing.
laugh.gif
tired.gif

I just hope I'm around when the next technological jump occurs that will eventually allow for space travel and other inconceivable innovations.

Originally Posted by foxdawg2000

gin-rummy.jpg

Originally Posted by foxdawg2000

gin-rummy.jpg

When you look up at the stars at night remember that you are part of that and it is something greater than yourself. Hence, you are part of something that is great!

When you look up at the stars at night remember that you are part of that and it is something greater than yourself. Hence, you are part of something that is great!

Geez is just us.. Nobody else is out there...My goodness. We would had been came in contact with other species if it was like that

Geez is just us.. Nobody else is out there...My goodness. We would had been came in contact with other species if it was like that

Originally Posted by KingSuperbIV

Logically you are just all wrong. How can we contact the other specifies if we dont have to technology to travel to these other planets?

but im hoping you forgot the /s for the sarcasm.

Originally Posted by KingSuperbIV

Logically you are just all wrong. How can we contact the other specifies if we dont have to technology to travel to these other planets?

but im hoping you forgot the /s for the sarcasm.

Def has to be SOMETHING out there.

It will probably take hundreds and thousands of years of until we get out there.. or probably we never will

Def has to be SOMETHING out there.

It will probably take hundreds and thousands of years of until we get out there.. or probably we never will

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by NavyBoy24

QFMFT

I have been thinking like this all my life. Like seriously why do they believe other forms of life need the same natural sources as us in order to survive?
Yep!

Scientists have never ruled out the possibility of different lifeforms, so I don't where you guys getting that idea from??
The news here is that we have a more accurate estimate of how many planets there are and how many that can be inhabited in our galaxy based simply on its distance from its "sun" in its solar system.  It's basically like how Venus is too hot to inhabit, Mars is too cold to inhabit, and Earth is the perfect temperature.

So far Kepler has found 1,235 candidate planets, with 54 in the Goldilocks zone, where life could possibly exist. Kepler's main mission is not to examine individual worlds, but give astronomers a sense of how many planets, especially potentially habitable ones, there are likely to be in our galaxy. They would use the one-four-hundredth of the night sky that Kepler is looking at and extrapolate from there.

Thanks for clearing this up for these guys.  I was going to respond but just sighed heavily. 

Back
Top Bottom