School me on iPads

its a fun toy if you've got the means

i had the original ipad and 2, definitely gets more use than my macbook

its a fun toy if you've got the means

i had the original ipad and 2, definitely gets more use than my macbook

Purchased the ipad2 on release date played with it for 3 days and sold it..

dont miss it one bit.

Purchased the ipad2 on release date played with it for 3 days and sold it..

dont miss it one bit.

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

For all you guys that own or have used them.  I need to know about these things for my job and would like NT to school me.

Difference between the 1 and 2?
What apps do you use?
Explain the whole 3g plan. Verizon and At&T
Any common problems
How much stuff can you get on a 16gb, 32gb, 64gb ?

Thanks
ipad2 is thinner, have rear and front cameras and dual core(faster) and of course more expensive 
ipad1 slightly thicker and slower and no cameras but almost half the price of ipad2

apps- thats for you to decide

3g plans? not worth it, the plans are expensive and on top of that you have to buy a more expensive ipad with 3g radios. plus unlimited plans dont even exist anymore. total waste of money. 

better option is to tether it with your phone

problems? wack resolution, and a closed system (obviously) and the typical cons of all apple products which you should know by now. jail break for ipad2 is not out yet i think

i wonder what you do for your job because most of these questions are pretty stupid. you can easily google them 

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

For all you guys that own or have used them.  I need to know about these things for my job and would like NT to school me.

Difference between the 1 and 2?
What apps do you use?
Explain the whole 3g plan. Verizon and At&T
Any common problems
How much stuff can you get on a 16gb, 32gb, 64gb ?

Thanks
ipad2 is thinner, have rear and front cameras and dual core(faster) and of course more expensive 
ipad1 slightly thicker and slower and no cameras but almost half the price of ipad2

apps- thats for you to decide

3g plans? not worth it, the plans are expensive and on top of that you have to buy a more expensive ipad with 3g radios. plus unlimited plans dont even exist anymore. total waste of money. 

better option is to tether it with your phone

problems? wack resolution, and a closed system (obviously) and the typical cons of all apple products which you should know by now. jail break for ipad2 is not out yet i think

i wonder what you do for your job because most of these questions are pretty stupid. you can easily google them 

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

This thing needs Flash.

I've been trying to decide between the iPad2, Galaxy Tab or the upcoming HP Touchpad tomorrow.
One of the main complaints from Apple products is Flash but I am curious what websites has it prevented you (or anyone else) from visiting?

Also, what other things does not having flash hindered you from doing?

This thing needs Flash.

I've been trying to decide between the iPad2, Galaxy Tab or the upcoming HP Touchpad tomorrow.
One of the main complaints from Apple products is Flash but I am curious what websites has it prevented you (or anyone else) from visiting?

So far, not having flash has not affected my browsing at all except for not letting auto play music on my friend's tumblr start... Which I actually prefer.

So far, not having flash has not affected my browsing at all except for not letting auto play music on my friend's tumblr start... Which I actually prefer.

Originally Posted by RFX45

This thing needs Flash.

Flash for the most part hasnt been important to me in terms of missing it. It can occasionally serve as a nuisance but the times I find myself needing it and realizing its not there are few and far between. Again, thats according to my browsing habits so it might be better if you look at what you do most of the time online and see if youll really miss out on flash or not. I received an iPad 2 as a gift and its really nice, its definitely one of those things that seem like a waste or unnecessary at first, but then you start finding a lot of cool ways to use it/ things to use it for that end up making it pretty practical and useful.

This thing needs Flash.

Flash for the most part hasnt been important to me in terms of missing it. It can occasionally serve as a nuisance but the times I find myself needing it and realizing its not there are few and far between. Again, thats according to my browsing habits so it might be better if you look at what you do most of the time online and see if youll really miss out on flash or not. I received an iPad 2 as a gift and its really nice, its definitely one of those things that seem like a waste or unnecessary at first, but then you start finding a lot of cool ways to use it/ things to use it for that end up making it pretty practical and useful.

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

This thing needs Flash.

When I browse on my PC, to be honest I am not sure how to tell whether Flash is being utilized or not. 
laugh.gif

When I travel, it'll be utilized for browsing forums (NT, SF, tc..), reading blogs and watching Netflix and maybe enjoy playing a game here and there. I might use it as an e-reader too for magazines and such. 

I guess I'll test out the Touchpad in-store tomorrow and decide then. Since I'll be traveling starting next week, it's looking like iPad is the best choice between the two simply for all the apps already available, I'm not even sure if Netflix will be an app on teh Touchpad once it releases tomorrow.

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

This thing needs Flash.

When I browse on my PC, to be honest I am not sure how to tell whether Flash is being utilized or not. 
laugh.gif

When I travel, it'll be utilized for browsing forums (NT, SF, tc..), reading blogs and watching Netflix and maybe enjoy playing a game here and there. I might use it as an e-reader too for magazines and such. 

I guess I'll test out the Touchpad in-store tomorrow and decide then. Since I'll be traveling starting next week, it's looking like iPad is the best choice between the two simply for all the apps already available, I'm not even sure if Netflix will be an app on teh Touchpad once it releases tomorrow.

Love mine. I travel a LOT, and it's way easier than lugging around my Macbook. I used to carry 2 laptops all the time (work, personal), and this cuts down the weight of my bag by nearly half. It does everything I need it to: email /calendar/contacts (Exchange/POP/Gmail), aggregates all of the sites/blogs that I read (Flipboard/Pulse), and pretty much serves all of the entertainment purposes that my MBP used to (movies, music, surfing, etc).

Apps that I use frequently (aside from OEM ones): Pulse, Flipboard, Friendly, Evernote, Dropbox, Flickstackr, Netflix, Thinkmessage, LogMeIn

Love mine. I travel a LOT, and it's way easier than lugging around my Macbook. I used to carry 2 laptops all the time (work, personal), and this cuts down the weight of my bag by nearly half. It does everything I need it to: email /calendar/contacts (Exchange/POP/Gmail), aggregates all of the sites/blogs that I read (Flipboard/Pulse), and pretty much serves all of the entertainment purposes that my MBP used to (movies, music, surfing, etc).

Apps that I use frequently (aside from OEM ones): Pulse, Flipboard, Friendly, Evernote, Dropbox, Flickstackr, Netflix, Thinkmessage, LogMeIn

Does iCab have a designated download manager? I just want to know if there's any way to save .rar, .avi, or .mp3 files from this browser and play the file.. 
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom