San Francisco Niketalkers, is this really how you guys are living?

As a landlord/owner of a building, you should be very cautious who you bring in as a tenant.

And miss me with the rent-controlled buildings. How you gonna make $$ from that?

Last edited:
is it me or are these tech companies cutting back? they've been moving their offices out of sf.
i feel like things are slowing down, but still a very expensive city

Eh it's not like they're leaving the region.

Mostly just moving to the East Bay.

a lot of the companies are moving their operations/cust service completely out to places like nashville, austin, denver. then again, they still have a crazy amount of employees in the area

Girl I'm seeing parents live in Palo Alto.

Paid 700k in the 80s. Place is now worth 7.8 on Zillow [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

is it me or are these tech companies cutting back? they've been moving their offices out of sf.
i feel like things are slowing down, but still a very expensive city
A lot are coming to Texas. Favorable, lax business laws, no state income tax, exponentially lower cost of living means you can pay your employees much less and still allow them a better standard of living. Dallas is booming. Microsoft, Google, Amazon, all there to name a few.

A lot are coming to Texas. Favorable, lax business laws, no state income tax, exponentially lower cost of living means you can pay your employees much less and still allow them a better standard of living. Dallas is booming. Microsoft, Google, Amazon, all there to name a few.

^^ I moved to dallas 2 years ago. I've never seen so much construction, and the pace that they complete it is so quick. If I don't drive down a street in a month, there will be a new building up no joke.

I've been telling people that North Dallas is the next up and coming silicon valley. you can live comfortably here for 40k a year.

It is what it is. 5k sq ft is big to me.

That's like 4 SF houses. I don't know I could ever live in a house that big. I feel like half the house would never be used. Plus I don't want to have to clean that big of a house.

That's like 4 SF houses. I don't know I could ever live in a house that big. I feel like half the house would never be used. Plus I don't want to have to clean that big of a house.

If you afford that house, you obviously have help come and clean.

Foreign investment from china, the middle east and elsewhere is to blame. They park their money via real estate in the states

Oh no doubt, been seeing that all over the place. Folks don't even live in the house it just sits there empty half the time.

:rofl:

This simple Sunnyvale home sold for $2 million in only two days
MLS claims that it also broke a square footage record in the city
Adam BrinklowMar 2, 2018, 3:21pm PST
ply1.0.jpg
Courtesy Douglas Larson, Coldwell Banker
The two-bed, one-bath, 848-square-foot house at 1062 Plymouth Street in Sunnyvale wasn’t even on the market for the length of a long weekend before a buyer dropped $2 million in cash for it—possibly breaking a Sunnyvale record in the process.

According to realtor Doug Larson, it only took two days for the circa 1953 home to find a buyer. The humble home, a one-story ranch-style, was only asking $1.45 million to begin with.

To top it off, the San Jose Mercury Newsrepots that at $2,358/square foot, 1062 Plymouth is the most expensive house in terms of cash to space ratio ever sold in the city of Sunnyvale.

It’s notoriously difficult to confirm alleged records or record busting when it comes to home sales, but in this case the Mercury cites no less an authority than Multiple Listing Services President Jim Harrison.

ply2.jpg

Larson tells Curbed SF there were several past sales that appeared to have gone for more, but upon investigation all were actually record keeping errors. “There was one place on a huge lot that was going to be a teardown, but that was only about $2,100/foot” and the most likely previous record holder, says Larson.

He notes that MLS records go back only as far as the year 2000, but “I doubt anything would have gone over this before that.”

No kidding.

ply3.jpg

ply4.jpg

The home itself, though perfectly pretty, is an unlikely record breaker, the big deal sale probably having more to do with the bizarrely frantic scale of demand in Silicon Valley these days.

Although Larson’s ad does note that the 6,000 square foot lot leaves “plenty of room to expand,” so it’s possible the no-nonsense buyer has ambitions beyond just this now prize abode.

ply6.jpg

ply5.jpg

ply7.jpg

Go to SAN Jose. I live in the evergreen hills. I had a 49er player come check out the house next door to rent for his girlfriend and the owner was asking $4890 a month with a 2 year lease. And Eli Harold said f'yall.

Quoting my old post.

Anyways. So my neighbor found someone to rent for two years ($4890/month) and just today that tenant is moving out. I didn’t ask him what’s the deal. Could’ve been his time is up, found a new place, moving back to Dubai, owner of the house sold it? Don’t know, all I know about the house owner is him and his wife were both engineers for Ericsson and they sold all their belongings to relocate to Budapest for two years. Well Ericsson was leasing three buildings where I work and now they downsized to just 1.5 floors.

Hope my new neighbor is some cool peoples cause I like to partially block their driveway.

Quoting my old post.

Anyways. So my neighbor found someone to rent for two years ($4890/month) and just today that tenant is moving out. I didn’t ask him what’s the deal. Could’ve been his time is up, found a new place, moving back to Dubai, owner of the house sold it? Don’t know, all I know about the house owner is him and his wife were both engineers for Ericsson and they sold all their belongings to relocate to Budapest for two years. Well Ericsson was leasing three buildings where I work and now they downsized to just 1.5 floors.

Hope my new neighbor is some cool peoples cause I like to partially block their driveway.

My parents live in Evergreen and I'm out there pretty often during the weekends. You can't find any similar neighborhood in SF in terms of quality, cleanliness, etc. It's a little boring because most of the residents are families with young children, but I love being able to stay in a luxurious neighborhood and without the smell of piss everywhere. I also enjoy staying 10-15 mins away from Downtown San Jose,Little Saigon, Korea Town, etc.

The only drawback is the traffic on weekdays...HOLY @#$@. Sometimes when I stay at my parents' place for a week or so, it takes me damn near half an hour to get onto the 280 and 45 minutes overall to get out of San Jose.

Right now I just stay in San Mateo since I work in the city; it's nice as well,but I like San Jose/Santa Clara a lot more. San Francisco is TRASH

My parents live in Evergreen and I'm out there pretty often during the weekends. You can't find any similar neighborhood in SF in terms of quality, cleanliness, etc. It's a little boring because most of the residents are families with young children, but I love being able to stay in a luxurious neighborhood and without the smell of piss everywhere. I also enjoy staying 10-15 mins away from Downtown San Jose,Little Saigon, Korea Town, etc.

The only drawback is the traffic on weekdays...HOLY @#$@. Sometimes when I stay at my parents' place for a week or so, it takes me damn near half an hour to get onto the 280 and 45 minutes overall to get out of San Jose.

Right now I just stay in San Mateo since I work in the city; it's nice as well,but I like San Jose/Santa Clara a lot more. San Francisco is TRASH

Commute from sj to sf is :sick: even when there's no traffic that's close to an hour commute. I'm in san mateo and luckily work in san bruno but I avoid driving to either sf or sj during the weekdays.

We were out in the Eastside by Hellyer Park '93-'01 before my parents moved us to Southside San Jose.

Recently did some Google mapping near our old house - area is so nice now :lol:

Back
Top Bottom