Sacramento Kings off-season thread

If there weren't generational type players like Blake, Harden, and Curry that draft class would have been a busy for sure :lol:

Voters for a Fair Arena deal group isnt appealing yesterday's decision. Waiting on STOP to decide if they are going to appeal

An excerpt from the sacbee article http://www.sacbee.com/2014/02/26/6192383/judge-tosses-out-stop-arena-lawsuit.html

City Attorney James Sanchez indicated that time is already running out on an appeal. To get the measure on the June ballot, the taxpayers’ groups would need an emergency order from the appeals court by Monday, he said.
Such a quick turnaround is “very difficult to gain,” Sanchez said.

:smokin

For months, Johnson has painted the petition effort as a potential blow to downtown development that was largely funded by people who live outside the city. Most notoriously, the campaign got a secret $100,000 donation from Chris Hansen, the investor who tried to buy the Kings and move them to Seattle last year. STOP said it didn’t know the donation, routed through an Orange County political consultant, came from Hansen until he was fined for violations of the California campaign finance disclosure laws in August.
Hansen apologized for the donation and begged STOP not to use the thousands of signatures gathered with his money. STOP refused.
The lawsuit, meanwhile, was funded by an agribusinessman who lives just outside the city limits and a group of nonunion electrical contractors angry that the arena is going to be built almost exclusively with union labor.

:x :smh: didn't live within city limits

If STOP decides not to appeal this case

Means 2 more cases to go :smokin

The eminent domain lawsuit by the financial group that controls the Macy's land

and

another lawsuit about accusoing the city of lying to the public about the true value of the proposed subsidy brought on by STOP and the Voters for a Fair Arena Deal

Cousins was on 1140 just now and he said the refs were telling him to flop to sell the calls before he got ejected.... Cousins is already flopping
laugh.gif
if this is true then refs are just as big a problem as the players in the flopping problem
mean.gif
wtf 
mean.gif

I think one more T and its a one game suspension, right ?
nerd.gif
Yea, Malone said yesterday that the team is making bets on what game he will receive that T and get the suspension. 
laugh.gif

Maybe this got posted in the nba thread since I haven't been in there all day, but Cuz got fined 20k and suspended for one game? :smh:

He got fined for this "punch"

Cousins' deserved it.

Looked blatant and premeditated even. The dude should no better, I am a Cousins apologist but I can't defend this |I :smh:

Last edited:
I won't try to defend him cause you're right.. it was probably premeditated. I've seen worse hits than that though. I'm just more disappointed if anything.

Can't say I'm surprised about that comment the ref said about flopping to sell calls. Every time I watch Isaiah dribble off screens or around a defender he cocks his head back like he's getting bumped or hit. Sometimes I even fall for it and say "foul" :smh:

I miss the physical play of 90s basketball. Cousins is in the wrong era.

I've seen and played with much worse offenses than that. Fine worthy punch but seeing as how he was ejected I guess a suspension was the next and only course of action for Demarcus.

Need to know for my daily league tomorrow...with cousins out, who steps up behind gay and IT? Thompson?

Seriously, nobody will step up outside of Gay and Thomas.

The only way we win is if Gay and Thomas combine for like 70 points while playing smart and efficiently, it'll be a good test to see if Thomas falls back into his bad habits tonight.

Welp thanks for the tip.

How BMac doing with thorton gone? He's getting major minutes now but his production compared to his minutes are out of wack.

Welp thanks for the tip.

How BMac doing with thorton gone? He's getting major minutes now but his production compared to his minutes are out of wack.

He has been shooting a poor percentage from the floor.

In the 4th quarter of the last game, he had 3 straight buckets in garbage time :lol: but he was stinking it prior to that

Last edited:
Seriously, nobody will step up outside of Gay and Thomas.

The only way we win is if Gay and Thomas combine for like 70 points while playing smart and efficiently, it'll be a good test to see if Thomas falls back into his bad habits tonight.

Hopefully IT picks his spots on when to score but also get the rest involved.

The key would be someone knocking down those shots if he does try to get everyone else into the game. Otherwise, he'll be the scapegoat for taking 20 plus shots :x

McLemore has been pretty bad still, only difference is that he's looking for his shot and taking it to the rack a bit more. But as @proto onslaught  said he is still shooting a awful, awful percentage 
laugh.gif

In a 20 team 5-keeper league I was offered Mclemore for Corey Brewer and I declined it because I figured, the guy offering me the trade wouldn't be keeping Mclemore anyways so I may as well target him in next season's draft

Back
Top Bottom