RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

IMG_9350.PNG
Any idea what this is? It just showed up in my NRC app feed

People are saying it’s the new react. Think some pics are surfacing in the lunarepic thread.

Good luck and blessings to you.

I went for my first run in six months lol. I signed up for the historic Marine Corp Half Marathon again. So I want to get back into running shape and lose pounds as well.

On the shoe tip, what do you guys think of the new runners?

The Nike joint that drops on the 5th? And the new UA Hovr?

so looking at youtube them react shoes are probably a no go. the sole was already worn down, but they state that theyre very comfortable.

Cheers to the guys who I’m following on the NIKE + Run Club App.

4 days into Feb, I’ve gone for 5 runs (23.74km) thinking I’m doing good. Then I look at the app and I’m 4th on the list. Definitely great motivation to keep at it

Anyone consume those preworkout drinks (ie c4) before their runs? I’m wondering if they make a significant difference? I only have water before my runs, but I’m interested to try c4 our. Any feedback will be appreciated!

I agree. I just took it. Cool for the gym. Not cool where my heart rate has to jump. Everyone is different. Maybe hydrate and eat an apple.

So no one copped the UA Hovr? I bought the red pair. I want to run in it.

I drink BCAAS before a run and it makes a huge difference for me. Idk if its a mind thing or what, but it helps me get over the hump!

Heard bad things about the Clifton 4. Had the 3s. They were okay.

Crazy how they’ve never been able to repeat the success of the Clifton 1s.

Heard bad things about the Clifton 4. Had the 3s. They were okay.

Crazy how they’ve never been able to repeat the success of the Clifton 1s.
I had the 1s, and they lasted me 1,000 miles, though I probably should have retired them earlier. I went to the 3s, and they just always felt slow, but very comfortable. So I'm back in the 1s, with a pair at about 200 miles and another pair I haven't started yet. Hoka this year is redoing a bunch of their old soles with new uppers and calling them different models. They should just offer the Clifton 1s again just as they were. I think they would sell out pretty quickly for how popular those were. Maybe they don't want to detract from their current offerings.

yah if they release the Clifton ones permanently then no one might even take a look at the newer models

would be cool to see them make Cliffton 1 Knits

IMG_9409.JPG
Speaking of models from 2012, was I an idiot for buying the multicolor Flyknit Racers for actually running in? Does anyone run in Racers? I took advantage on NDC at $55 but after one run today, I think I'll be sending them back.

They were comfortable enough walking around the house, so I went out for a 10k recovery run. First, I didn't see a tuft of grass sticking up from the broken asphalt trail, and promptly kicked it, which immediately loosened the shoe to the point where while that foot moved forward to catch my fall, the actual shoe flew off about 20 feet ahead of me. My suddenly shoeless foot hit the ground, cut my foot, and ripped a hole in the sock (didn't find out until after the run). After picking myself back up, I didn't even get halfway through the run when the lack of forefoot cushioning was starting to hurt. I made it the rest of the way, trying to remember if I had kept the return label, and got home to see my dogs chewing up something in the backyard. In my haste to prevent further damage, the same shoe that apparently didn't want to run with me found some fresh dog poop to warm itself with.

So I've sprayed off the shoe, noticed a blood stain on the sock liner, and will probably send these back within the week. Again, does anyone run in these?

illustrayt illustrayt ran down his cheetos with 500 miles on them. I believe he's ran in other pairs as well.

after walking in my racers for the first time, they were a bit narrow on my feet and i felt that the shoe didn't completely support the full width of my foot. Odd as it sounds, i accepted that knowing they were for casual wear. I could never use them as running shoes. I've seen individuals at running events with FKR's on but I couldnt do it.

No need to clean them, Nike has a 30 days no-hassle return policy.

Last edited:
Personally, I loved the FKRs to run in! They're probably Top 3 or Top 5 for me.

Anyhow... Nike's finally rewarding us for our mileage!
IMG_E4794.JPG

HOWEVER, it's not as great as I hoped lol. It's essentially 30% off selected items. It's better than nothing #shrugs

Back
Top Bottom