RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

58C8C2D4-6BAA-40CB-AF77-D30B34882502.jpeg

Queens Half Marathon was a success! Hit a new PR and official time was 1:36:59. Finished 20 minutes faster than my previous half marathon.

Meant to run in the Elites for this event but schedule didn’t give me chance to train in them. Will attempt to use them for the next half marathon.

During the winter, the plan is to work on keeping a consistent split/pace. Started off way too strong and it was definitely noticeable around mile 10. Looking forward to next year.

Yeah thatd impressive. Im just trying to do the flat 10 mi broad street run next year in under 2 hours. :lol: baby steps.

58C8C2D4-6BAA-40CB-AF77-D30B34882502.jpeg

Queens Half Marathon was a success! Hit a new PR and official time was 1:36:59. Finished 20 minutes faster than my previous half marathon.

Meant to run in the Elites for this event but schedule didn’t give me chance to train in them. Will attempt to use them for the next half marathon.

During the winter, the plan is to work on keeping a consistent split/pace. Started off way too strong and it was definitely noticeable around mile 10. Looking forward to next year.

Congrats G! I was there at mile 6 cheering everyone on, didn't know we had such a strong running community here on NT!

Thanks! Appreciate the support, definitely nice having people cheer you on.

Gotta say, the signs some people had were really interesting at the beginning and end :lol:

yeah cold weather has been killing me. Have been focusing on lifting, doing insanity videos, and at least my gym has a 1/12th mile track that i can do a few miles on (though anything over 2 is brutal for me :lol:). I need to move to that year round warmth.

yeah cold weather has been killing me. Have been focusing on lifting, doing insanity videos, and at least my gym has a 1/12th mile track that i can do a few miles on (though anything over 2 is brutal for me :lol:). I need to move to that year round warmth.

I got my Vapor Flys and haven’t been able to test them out due to the MD cold. It was like 16 degrees when I went to the gym yesterday. I’m not running in that.

New Year, any chance brings the Vapor Fly Elite to the masses?

What is everyone’s thoughts on the Vapor Street Flyknit?

I got my Vapor Flys and haven’t been able to test them out due to the MD cold. It was like 16 degrees when I went to the gym yesterday. I’m not running in that.

New Year, any chance brings the Vapor Fly Elite to the masses?

What is everyone’s thoughts on the Vapor Street Flyknit?

that first run with the vapor fly's is gonna be great! those are my go-to shoes right now. you get that "pushing forward" sensation with your first few runs. i'm slowly phasing out my lunar epic highs bc the sock tends to rub against my ankles after breaking them in.

159B95B0-A0C8-466A-A534-0C594B6A04A0.png

Forgot to upload this. Keep in mind that I’m heavier so it’s not as fast as some of you guys. Took some time off running and tried doing 5 on Saturday. It felt like I was starting back from square one. Had to cut it short at 3

Last edited:
Sizing varies on the shoe. With that said, I usually go with the thumb’s width rule (placing your thumb from where your big toe is to the front of the shoe) for sizing.

it could be

but sometimes it's just a feeling if you're used to wearing shoes real tight, it could go away

9B95044B-0E23-492A-9AB8-1CCE575E1240.png

Today’s run got me to 2700km. So far going good this year. Couple of days off for rain and extreme heat.

Don’t have any real running goals for 2018, just need to be fit for the snow season in a few months time.

First run outdoors on Saturday since Dec 19. Living in the northeast = running indoors on treadmill

75EB10F8-AC79-41CD-8058-0F7B7874B47B.jpeg

Can’t wait to get back into it. Personal goal is to avg a 7 or 7:15min mile

Back
Top Bottom