RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Does the type of shoe itself play a big role in preventing body pain?
I am not an expert by any means so I cant really say. However, when i first started running i had terrible body pain (mainly knees and down) and i found that a combination of rolling, stretching, and/or running after doing more non-cardio stuff at the gym made my body feel much less pain. On days i wasnt loose before my run it was almost unbearable a half mile or so in. I was just using a pair of brooks i got from amazon that had decent reviews. But once i got better at running, and worked more on my legs more in the gym, the pain was much more rare. I eventually went and got fitted at my local running store, like someone above mentioned, but by that point i could bang out a 3-5 mile run after minor stretching with little to no issues. I do still usually do more stretching and rolling after my runs though, but i dont need it before anymore like i did.

But seriously where can you buy the Vaporfly 4%?

Are they intentionally not releasing them in big supply or do they just sell them at major running stores?

I think they have actual stock shortage since most stores do not get their stock in time, the release keeps getting delayed and I am always declaring Nike's fake sellout but in this case they might actually have shortage of stock.

Also, Disney has cancelled the runs in Disneyland :sick: :smh: :angry:

IMG_9009.JPG
I just procured a third pair of original Hoka Cliftons. I put 1,000 miles on the first pair, and I've barely put 60 on the dark grey pair, but thought another backup pair was in order. Much cheaper than Vaporflys.

Nice pick up. I bought the Cliftons 4, but had to return them because they felt too narrow. I went back and picked up the Clifton 3 and so far so good.

Anyone here doing the Rock N Roll Half in LA next week?

0124B41C-923B-4FEF-8964-93FB746BFE41.jpeg

E79D7320-6DCC-4EDF-B42C-32CAA19ED52A.jpeg

This feels like cheating! Lol If I wore regular shoes, I’d barely log a sub7 average.
Any comparison to the Clifton 1s? I'm pretty sure VFs are lighter and with that foam and plate, I'd imagine it's a completely different ride with a ton more response. I'm considering purchasing the crimsons when they release if I can find one, but I'm pretty sure with those I won't hit my $0.10/mile goal that I try to do with my shoes. I would have to run 2,500 miles in them!

Any comparison to the Clifton 1s? I'm pretty sure VFs are lighter and with that foam and plate, I'd imagine it's a completely different ride with a ton more response. I'm considering purchasing the crimsons when they release if I can find one, but I'm pretty sure with those I won't hit my $0.10/mile goal that I try to do with my shoes. I would have to run 2,500 miles in them!

Hey Tim,

The Cliftons were once my favorites, but the VFs are on whole different level in terms of performance and output. I find the Cliftons super cushioned, while the VFs have a good balance of cushion and responsiveness. Then again, I haven’t run in the Cliftons in a while...

Today’s run was one single second slower than last night’s, BUT I logged negative splits!

DE150FA0-C3DE-4338-B7AD-E7CD81D60497.jpeg

A37C690A-25A9-4B16-B0F2-D1D6563314C1.jpeg

Finished the Rock and Roll Half Los Angeles yesterday, my first race in LA and it was a blast. I loved how they opened up the convention center so there was plenty of parking and tons of bathrooms.

I finished in about 2 hours and 15 mins, hopefully next year I can get it down to around 2 hours. Best part was seeing people try to run in their costumes. These races cost 3x as much as it does in asia, but its worth it for the goodies and the planning.

What are you guys opinions about the Ultraboost ST, Supernover ST, or Nike Structure? The person at the running store recommended stability shoes for me.

What are you guys opinions about the Ultraboost ST, Supernover ST, or Nike Structure? The person at the running store recommended stability shoes for me.
All I can say, ESPECIALLY if thinking about stability or motion-control shoes, is try before you buy. If you can do like a mile on their treadmill or something, or they have a really good return policy, go that direction. I have flatter feet and have been advised to go with stability shoes, but Structures kill my feet while others think they're awesome. Really varies by person. I have heard that any shoes that try to change your foot's natural movement can end up hurting more than helping. For me, I have much better luck staying comfortable in neutral shoes.

I personally do not like running in boost, not is it too heavy but also mushy for me.

I am not a big fan of the Structure 21 either, just too firm for me.

silly question but for my marathon / 1/2 marathon runners in here, i have a half this saturday morning. should be a bit cold (40 - 50 deg F) with possibility of rain.

What would you suggest as far clothing is concerned? Although I've been running since about March, this would be my first time running in the rain. I don't want to feel the added weight of the soaked clothes. Figured either a sleeveless or short sleeve shirt with shorts and my comp over-the-calf socks.

Also, has anyone in here ever completed a 1/2 marathon in running tights?

I finished my half this past weekend with compression calf sleeves and half tights I feel like it helps a lot with the vibrations and overall blood flow. Also provided some warmth. I feel less sore afterwards, I feel perfectly fine now and feel fully recovered that is after I ran a 10k on saturday and half on sunday. Then again I don't see the pros wearing them but it works for me.

As for rainy season, watching the ginger runner on yt, he's a trail runner and they mostly deal with rain and he seems to be fine wearing a poncho at times so I'd look into that. Maybe one of those foldable ones so if it stops raining you can just store them in your pocket or belt clip.

For training in the rain, I think jackets work fine - the lighter the better, but I always end up sweating so much more inside water resistant layers. For races, dress for the temperature, not the rain. You're going to get wet no matter what you have on. Keep in mind you usually go faster during a race than in training so your body will end up warmer. For a marathon in the high 40s - low 50s, when it was pouring rain, I wore a normal shorts and tshirt combo but wore gloves because my hands get cold. I ended up sucking on my gloves between water stops and that worked out until I spilled a warm beer on them at one of the stops. Didn't taste very good after that

Appreciate the feedback gents. After I posted, looked into some more and one comment I found was to dress about 15-25 deg warmer than the predicted temp is.

It’ll be a chill start but should warm up throughout the race.

Anyone own the Nike Terra Kiger Trail Vest? I'm interested in purchasing one, but I'm not sure if the main pocket closes up completely. It looks like it has an open area above the zipper track...

Yup! From that video, it looks like that back compartment doesn't close up completely. I'm worried that whatever I store there will find its way out :/

Back
Top Bottom