RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

training for the half marathon, I did 11 miles this past Saturday at just under sub 8 min per mile. My left knee is bothering me now :x

I rarely go past 8 miles but whenever I do, it always seems to reoccur :rolleyes I'm washed

damn i got sick as hell after running the half 2 weeks ago man...i'm finally getting better 

Definitely going to try out the new Pegasus, probably going to be amazing

Ran 4 miles today at sub 8 minute pace and was dying, throat was hurting when I woke up and didn't help. Saw a water fountain running on the way :pimp:. Going to be running longer now that they are on :pimp:

Last edited:
I never got a good shot.  I think Rupp was wearing Zoom Streaks.  I'll have to research it some more.

gotcha, I maybe wrong. I just recall seeing nike's propaganda about trying for a sub 2 hour marathon and news articles about how nike was the big winner due to their sponsored athletes placing at the boston marathon

Last edited:
gotcha, I maybe wrong. I just recall seeing nike's propaganda about trying for a sub 2 hour marathon and news articles about how nike was the big winner due to their sponsored athletes placing at the boston marathon
No, you could be right about the others.  If I saw this random guy finishing in 3:30 wearing them, I'm sure they were available to the elite runners.

Tonight's run.... speed class at nrc. Was on the 6:30/km pace group as I was self conscious about my ankle. Was feeling ok and asked the lead pacer to push it a little. Ended up running with the 5:30/km pace group for the final round of 400s. Felt good but a little pain on the run back (2km run to and from the track back to home base)

Feeling a little pain on the Achilles. Will get a massage this weekend and start to taper for the half marathon on may 7th.

Last edited:
Clinched 100mi today with two runs, and, most importantly, I averaged a sub7 pace for the whole month. This was one of my goals for 2017.

Last edited:
It's hard to believe they even got that close. I had a feeling they wouldn't even meet the current record, just because it is such a different environment and situation from the adrenaline that comes from a competitive race. So great job runners, pacers, and everyone involved!

On another note, as I was watching, I got an email from the directors of my 50k race scheduled for this coming Saturday, that they had a problem getting trail access this year, and so the venue has been changed to a 5-mile loop on a river trail. Ugh. I hate repetitive loops. I'm getting a refund whether I run or not, though, so that's good. But I'm still going to have the itch for a long trail race.

So today I put the trail shoes aside and busted out some new Clifton 1s... very nice out of the box, but of course a bit tight in front. I'm hoping they get better through the week so I can use them Saturday.

Do you guys agree with the way that Nike approached the breaking 2 hours concept? 4:34/mi pace over the 26.2? I posted this in the other thread as well, so I may as well quote myself lol.

My only critique of the attempt to break 2 hours is that they should have done negative splits as opposed to an even pace the the whole time. The science is one thing, but the numbers don't lie.

Do you guys agree with the way that Nike approached the breaking 2 hours concept? 4:34/mi pace over the 26.2? I posted this in the other thread as well, so I may as well quote myself lol.

My only critique of the attempt to break 2 hours is that they should have done negative splits as opposed to an even pace the the whole time. The science is one thing, but the numbers don't lie.
I feel like negative splits would have given them a cushion, if they made the targets for 1.59 and he ended up slowing up a little.  Of course, when I run 1.45 for a HALF marathon, what the heck do I know, haha?  What was the other thread, by the way?

Tim - 10 loops would bore me to tears (if I were even capable of that).

Tim - 10 loops would bore me to tears (if I were even capable of that).
Fortunately it's only 6 loops - one extended for 6 miles, the rest about 5, for 31 miles. Still repetitive enough. Plus almost no elevation change. Really gonna have to start slow so I can last.

I think the scientists riding bicycles next to him should've been yelling at him how fast he needed to go to really break 2hrs. Like teams should've been crunching the math and found out he needed to start "sprinting" a little sooner than when he did. I did see him getting yelled at, but idk what was said

Fortunately it's only 6 loops - one extended for 6 miles, the rest about 5, for 31 miles. Still repetitive enough. Plus almost no elevation change. Really gonna have to start slow so I can last.
Oh, right - 50km not 50 miles.  I get them confused, as both of them are on my "Nope" list.

Back
Top Bottom