RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Yup.  Wind is the absolute worst.  I ran a little over 9 this morning, and the wind came in about 6 and it really screwed up the rest of the run for me.

Wind is the worst obstacle for running to me. Bring rain and a bit of heat, but I hate wind.

I'm ramping up to probably doing a 28-mile run before tapering for my first 50k in 6 weeks, but doing 24 yesterday meant that this morning's miles were incredibly difficult.
daaaaaaaaamn 4 hours

Morning NT Fam

Both my Peg 33's and LE Shields came in this morning. I'm due for a run at lunch today but wanted to get some opinions.

I usually like to break my shoes in prior to any activity (wear them around for the day). You think it's too much of a rush to slap them on in the next few hours for a 4-5mi run?

Should I just stick with the usual? Real anxious to get them on and go.

I have never had an issue with just putting them on and going for the run. When I did it with the lunarepics2, they felt really tight within the first couple of blocks, but felt better after that.

I have never had an issue with just putting them on and going for the run. When I did it with the lunarepics2, they felt really tight within the first couple of blocks, but felt better after that.
The 33s felt great right out of the box for me.
Thanks gents. I was back and forth up until the last minute and decided to go with my Peg 32's. I'll jump right into both shoes these next two days.

Last edited:
First run right of the box in these...

My pace/time was decent in these. But I definitely prefer the FKRs with their forefoot Zoom.

Peg 33s were right out of the box for me as well. Took a couple of runs for me to get used to my lunarepic lows.

Hope you enjoy the shoes. Let us know what you think

Yeah, with Pegs, I don't know if there's anything to actually "break in". I'm just waiting for the snow to finish melting - I don't want to trash mine on the first run.

Congrats on both, Sir!

Another one right out of the box for a 7miler

I preferred the ride of the FKRs over the Streaks; however, for some reason, my overall pace in the Streaks was one second faster.

Congrats on both, Sir!

Another one right out of the box for a 7miler

I preferred the ride of the FKRs over the Streaks; however, for some reason, my overall pace in the Streaks was one second faster.
I wish I could run in these type of shoes but my feet need additional support. They look nice

Morning NT Fam

Both my Peg 33's and LE Shields came in this morning. I'm due for a run at lunch today but wanted to get some opinions.

I usually like to break my shoes in prior to any activity (wear them around for the day). You think it's too much of a rush to slap them on in the next few hours for a 4-5mi run?

Should I just stick with the usual? Real anxious to get them on and go.
So with yesterdays rain, decided to take things indoor with the LE Shields. 

First thing I noticed was the weight of the shoes. Since im so used to my Peg 32's, i definitely noticed how much heavier they were. Despite the weight, i was impressed with how well cushioned the sole was. I had some knee pains from the run the day before but as soon as I got going in these, it quickly went away and havent had the pain since. 

Yesterdays workout was 8 - 2min HIIT intervals (20 sec sprint; 1:40 run) and I was impressed with how well they handled the impact on the treadmill. 

My only complaint with these shoes is how they retain heat. I want to say by the 4th or 5th interval I noticed how hot my feet were getting. I dealt with it since this was a short workout but i couldnt imagine dealing with it on a longer run. I recall someone mentioning that these would get your feet hot and that was definitely the truth. 

Today im going for a 40min run during lunch with the Peg 33's and will give my review afterwards but for now, I think these LE Shields may be on their way back to Nike. Hopefully i can come across a deal on a pair of LE Flyknits. 

Thanks for the update. One thing to mention is that the peg shields are weatherproofed so they are heavier.

You might want to try the regular peg 33s to give a fair comparison. They are lighter imho.

Good luck

Need to start running for police academy PT...is the Nike Run app the best out there to use to track on iwatch

Going to go to a runners depot store to see what be best shoe option for me, will I get played, or they legit!?

Thanks

SIgned up to a 14.6km fun run a month ago to get me motivated to get back into running. Major storms overnight so it's a bit wet this morning. Expecting more rain during the run.

The rain radar looks like

Wanted to run in the lunarepics but ive decided with my lunarglide4 shields..

Ready for a wet one.

Last edited:
[ATTACHMENT=13480]IMG_6058.PNG (389k. PNG file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Copped these Asics to start running in, first ever legit running shoe.

What's an app like MapMyRun, that I can use with my iwatch, and not have to carry the phone along as well to track myself.

Any help appreciated

So, my half today was a disaster, but there was a silver lining.  Game time decision was a switch to Vomero 10s (after having some foot issues from my last half in LunarTempo 2s), and I think this is a change for the better.  I'll try it again at the end of the month and see how it goes at that distance.

My goal was to break two hours.. I didn't by four minutes 
tired.gif
 all good i'm just glad I ran it all. The hills sucked, training for months leading up until the race today, I rarely ran trails with hills..If i wouldve practiced running trails with hills I probably would've made my goal. After mile 8 maaaan those miles felt so damn long! What kind of threw me off was when people walked while drinking at the water/gatorade stations! Like c'mon guys!!! Overall, it was an awesome experience. The signs were funny, "This is the worst parade" 
roll.gif

The weather was perfect, except 8-10mph winds, which felt good at times. I was disappointmented when I saw the medal tho, looks so damn plain!! O well

Congrats! Planning on signing up for another?

Pizza put a damper on my run today :smh: :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom