Ronnie Fieg Collabs - Tracking order link http://shop.kithnyc.com/pages/tracking

Everybody complains about people buying into the hype, and not purchasing what they truly like... Then when people cop a shoe that it isn't widely accepted by the Sneaker Public they get dogged & laughed at and called stans. :rolleyes

eh, nice try... but no...

taking a chance or buying what you like, regardless of hype, is buying asics years ago, cuz i genuinely liked the way the GL3 model looked, when nobody gave a crap about them, RF, or any of it... and then i remember posting them in the WDYWT thread and getting clowned for even wearing asics, and them being called "grandpa shoes"...

people are laughing at this particular thing cuz people are blatantly only buying these clarks cuz of RF. that's not really buying what they "truly like" imo, cuz you wouldn't even look at them if hype master RF hadn't made them and pushed them on you. we saw that same thing happen with him "kith striking" crappy asics GR's in crappy colorways with crappy materials, that rotted on clearance racks a few months / years prior, and these beasts buying them, only cuz of the hype of "RF" and "kith strike"... knowing damn well they didn't even like the colorway, and had they been into asics back in the day they woulda never copped them when they first released.

all that said, i know there are people who do truly like these clarks, i just tend to think a majority don't know what they like, and buy nearly anything this dude pushes out.

hype is a helluva drug. :lol: i'm not even mad tho... cuz we have all bought into some hype at one point or another...

price point probably gonna be in the 180s? Leaning towards the white ones. 
I think you're way off with that price. More like 300-350. The upper is pure leather and if Dover Street Market has anything to say, the prices will be through the roof.... 

taking a chance or buying what you like, regardless of hype, is buying asics years ago, cuz i genuinely liked the way the GL3 model looked, when nobody gave a crap about them, RF, or any of it... and then i remember posting them in the WDYWT thread and getting clowned for even wearing asics, and them being called "grandpa shoes"...

people are laughing at this particular thing cuz people are blatantly only buying these clarks cuz of RF. that's not really buying what they "truly like" imo, cuz you wouldn't even look at them if hype master RF hadn't made them and pushed them on you. we saw that same thing happen with him "kith striking" crappy asics GR's in crappy colorways with crappy materials, that rotted on clearance racks a few months / years prior, and these beasts buying them, only cuz of the hype of "RF" and "kith strike"... knowing damn well they didn't even like the colorway, and had they been into asics back in the day they woulda never copped them when they first released.

all that said, i know there are people who do truly like these clarks, i just tend to think a majority don't know what they like, and buy nearly anything this dude pushes out.

hype is a helluva drug.
laugh.gif
i'm not even mad tho... cuz we have all bought into some hype at one point or another...
bro always talking about how he rocked with RF and asics before anyone

we get it bruh you caught the wave early

congrats 

hype is a helluva drug.
laugh.gif
i'm not even mad tho... cuz we have all bought into some hype at one point or another...
Imagine how I feel as a guy who actually trains and runs in Asics/Saucony's. Like it is kind of infuriating seeing all these #TeamCozy kids buying runners, when they've never ran a step in their lives. Like, do they actually have an appreciation for these retro running silhouettes and where they fir in with the history of running and the athletes who wore them?

This if you couldn't tell was in jest, because really who cares if you rocked Asics before someone else? There will always be someone who thinks their  reason for buying into the brand is more "valid" then the next guys. That doesn't make you anymore worthy to buy them then the next guy. Let people buy and enjoy their shoes for whatever their purpose is. It's just shoes after all.  

Do you guys know of any legit swap sites? I feel like there is a huge opening for a site that can bring the sneakercon idea to the online space

someone felt like he got called out by Proto and HAD to fire back  
laugh.gif
me? 

never. just calling it how i see it. dude is constantly talking about hypebeasts and how he rocked asics first etc.. if something is quality, it will eventually blow up. get over it.

So let me get some clarification right quick DJ, just because you & the majority of people don't like an obscure shoe, it means that anybody who does buy it is a stan? I think they are ugly too, but I don't think people who bought them only bought them because of RF necessarily. My opinion isn't the end all be all correct one. SOME PEOPLE MIGHT LIKE THE SHOE 
eek.gif

A lot of these people would have never thought about buying a pair of Clark's if it wasn't for this collab, but that doesn't mean they don't truly like the shoe... Idk man I just think it is ridiculous to act like you know the motives & thinking of everybody in this thread, but maybe that's just the pedestal you've put yourself on. At the end of the day, it's just shoes.

Day 3, pants still have yet to ship. This past drop barely sold, so the excuse as to them having too many orders to handle is def not the reason why they ship so slow. 

Did anyone get either the Navy or the Brown Bleekers from this weekend and try them on yet?  I know that we discussed the indigo wash bleekers were a totally new fit, but i am wondering if they did anything to the sizing of the reg bleekers?  Looking at maybe purchasing a medium if the fit was fixed....

price on these will make you appreciate the $200 FP's IMO, I don't think we're getting off cheap with these
if it is anything like 200 and above I'm gonna pass. If going for quality i'd probably go for a pair of dress shoes. Sneakers are meant to be a little flashy imo.

Back
Top Bottom