Ron Artest Agrees To Terms With The Lakers vol: It's a done deal (Full MLE $32 mill for 5 year)

Mamba MVP:
I'll reserve my full jubilation til I actually see him @ a Lakers press conference with a purple and gold jersey
TTTTHHHHIIIIISSSS

It's on ESPN

Free-agent forward Ron Artest says he's leaving the Houston Rockets to join the Los AngelesLakers.

25.jpg

Artest

In a text message to ESPN.com on Thursday night, Artest wrote: "I am happy to say I am goin' to L.A."

ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard reports that Artest and the Lakers have reached a verbal agreement on what is believed to be a three-year contractworth an estimated $18 million. Wednesday is the first day free agents are permitted to sign new deals.

Artest's decision was first reported by CBSSports.com. The mercurial swingman was initially courted by the Cleveland Cavaliers.

In his text message, Artest said that he met Thursday with Lakers owner Jerry Buss and had spoken to coach Phil Jackson about the move to Los Angeles, whereArtest has been spending his offseasons.

Artest's forthcoming arrival strongly suggests that unrestricted free agent TrevorAriza -- who played such a pivotal run in the Lakers' championship run -- is bound to leave the team. Broussard reported Wednesday that, according tosources with knowledge of the negotiations, Ariza was likely to leave the Lakers for a new team because L.A. was reluctant to sign him to a contract startingabove the league's $5.6 million mid-level exception, even after Ariza's postseason success.

Ariza has been courted by numerous teams, including Cleveland, and met Thursday in Las Vegas with Houston Rockets general manager Daryl Morey to possiblyswap spots with Artest.

Marc Stein is a senior NBA writer for ESPN.com.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Mamba MVP:
I'll reserve my full jubilation til I actually see him @ a Lakers press conference with a purple and gold jersey
TTTTHHHHIIIIISSSS
Nevermind LA we can celebrate ESPN.com say's he's agreed to a 3 year deal

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

By Marc Stein
ESPN.com
Archive
Free-agent forward Ron Artest says he's leaving the Houston Rockets to join the Los Angeles Lakers.

In a text message to ESPN.com on Thursday night, Artest wrote: "I am happy to say I am goin' to L.A."

ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard reports that Artest and the Lakers have reached a verbal agreement on what is believed to be a three-year contract worth an estimated $18 million. Wednesday is the first day free agents are permitted to sign new deals.

Artest's decision was first reported by CBSSports.com. The mercurial swingman was initially courted by the Cleveland Cavaliers.

In his text message, Artest said that he met Thursday with Lakers owner Jerry Buss and had spoken to coach Phil Jackson about the move to Los Angeles, where Artest has been spending his offseasons.

Artest's forthcoming arrival strongly suggests that unrestricted free agent Trevor Ariza -- who played such a pivotal run in the Lakers' championship run -- is bound to leave the team. Broussard reported Wednesday that, according to sources with knowledge of the negotiations, Ariza was likely to leave the Lakers for a new team because L.A. was reluctant to sign him to a contract starting above the league's $5.6 million mid-level exception, even after Ariza's postseason success.

Ariza has been courted by numerous teams, including Cleveland, and met Thursday in Las Vegas with Houston Rockets general manager Daryl Morey to possibly swap spots with Artest.

Marc Stein is a senior NBA writer for ESPN.com.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2m35xf6.gif src="http://i40.tinypic.com/2m35xf6.gif">

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Looks like from my analysis Ron will take whatever contract as long as Odom stays. I think it will be the normal MLE of $5.5-6 Million per. Ariza will likelybe a Rocket, Cav, or hopefully a Raptor (I know I rather have him here in T.O. over Marion and an overpaid Hedo).

remember wen he was gonna duff kobe out in the playoffs? I guess there gonna be the best of pals since their on the same team
laugh.gif

ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard reports that Artest and the Lakers have reached a verbal agreement on what is believed to be a three-year contract worth an estimated $18 million. Wednesday is the first day free agents are permitted to sign new deals.
He's almost on Sasha's level
eek.gif
roll.gif

Great deal.

this is a steal

great signing for us, we need his toughness

thanks Trevor for your contributions

CincoSeisDos:
Question

What is MLE?

( I don't watch NBA, be easy )
When you see that a team signed a player for the MLE or a team offered a player the MLE, they're talking about the Mid Level Exception.

What is the Mid Level Exception? You'll have to have someone who knows the numbers explain it to you. I know it's a certain number, and I thinkit's the same for every team.

holden? Someone else?

Yeah really. Ron signing for 3 years 18M means he wants LO back.

I think dude coulda got a 5 year deal MLE from somebody if he really wanted to. Or try and do a sign and trade

Back
Top Bottom