Ron Artest Agrees To Terms With The Lakers vol: It's a done deal (Full MLE $32 mill for 5 year)

welcome to LA, ronron.
pimp.gif

can't wait to see what laker designs he got for his hair
laugh.gif

Here's how I look at it:

Ron Artest is a good pick up for the Lakers. Honestly, if it's more for the MLE I think they're ok with Odom walking. Reason being is Ron can guardPF's. But if the Lakers do re-sign LO, then that LA team is stacked.

Ron had to chuck it in the playoffs. No Yao, no TMac, he was the only one who could create his own shot. Ron did fine against Portland with Yao, and was goodfor the most part during the regular season.

On a team with Kobe and Gasol, he can and will be a legit 3rd option. Phil knows how to handle a guy like Ron, even though Ron isn't as crazy as he used tobe.

The Rockets don't need Ron anymore. What's the point without Yao and TMac next season? That's why they're going after Ariza. Dude is 24. Timeto stock pile talent, and re-tool this team. I'm all for it.

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

I got money Artest KO's Kobe during a practice session.
laugh.gif
You already know...
smh.gif
Practices may be better than the games. Hopefully they can coexist

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Yep...looks like it's just a formality.

Now just trade Sasha for Nate Rob and the 2010 chip is as good as ours
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
that aint gonna happen
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
I know it's not likely, but if the Knicks get J. Kidd, Nate is somewhat expendable, no need for 3 PGs on their roster...anything is possible

J Kidd aint coming to NY and it would be pointless for the knicks trading nate for sasha..I mean, really? 2010 ...may as well let him walk to get him off thecap instead of taking back a contract

RIc Bucher on ESPNEWS

"There has been a lot of buzz on Artest on making a decision today."

"He was suggesting he was going to the Lakers, I've checked that out and there is no indication that they would make him an offer here today, butthere is a amount of interest but that haven't explored that at length"

Looks like Berger's vs Bucher's word

nerd.gif

After last night I don't trust Ron....

outacontrol music:
1. Sad Ron is crazy enough to lie to this reporters face

2. This isn't even on the Lakers website...

Waiting and watching....
I'm with this guy.

But for COMPLETELY different reasons.
laugh.gif

4) The wild-card in all of this are the Denver Nuggets. Chauncey Billups scares me with his commitment to winning. If they keep their core together (and the core being Chauncey, Nene, Kenyon, Melo, and Birdman), I don't think it's going to be a cake-walk for them at ALL. The Lakers had to fight their tails off to beat the Nuggets in games 1 and 3. They're a scary team.
1 year wonder, the nuggets will be no threat to the lakers. The spurs will be tho

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And yeah, people calling me crazy for not believing it (Scottsauce
laugh.gif
), but I mean this is RON ARTEST we are talking about. The craziest dude in the NBAsince Rodman.

I was reading a different article that had the Lakers at 9-4 odds of winning the championship with Cleveland joining them after the trade for Shaq. I wonder ifand how much that changes if the Lakers sign Artest?

I'm actually hoping that the signing of Artest (if it happens) will bring another player into the locker room (Fisher) that isn't afraid to communicatewith Kobe.

I'm also hoping that Ariza goes to Cleveland because I want there to be a lot of good teams next season.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

RIc Bucher on ESPNEWS

"He was suggesting he was going to the Lakers, I've checked that out and there is no indication that they would make him an offer here today, but there is a amount of interest but that haven't explored that at length"

nerd.gif

laugh.gif
Keep holding out hope OC...Ric also said Kobe was nevergoing to suit up in a Laker uniform again so...

I'll reserve my full jubilation til I actually see him @ a Lakers press conference with a purple and gold jersey

LA Times is also reporting this...and they were first on top of when MJ died last week so they are more reliable

By Marc Stein
ESPN.com
Archive
Free-agent forward Ron Artest says he's leaving the Houston Rockets to join the Los Angeles Lakers.

In a text message to ESPN.com on Thursday night, Artest wrote: "I am happy to say I am goin' to L.A."

ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard reports that Artest and the Lakers have reached a verbal agreement on what is believed to be a three-year contract worth an estimated $18 million. Wednesday is the first day free agents are permitted to sign new deals.

Artest's decision was first reported by CBSSports.com. The mercurial swingman was initially courted by the Cleveland Cavaliers.

In his text message, Artest said that he met Thursday with Lakers owner Jerry Buss and had spoken to coach Phil Jackson about the move to Los Angeles, where Artest has been spending his offseasons.

Artest's forthcoming arrival strongly suggests that unrestricted free agent Trevor Ariza -- who played such a pivotal run in the Lakers' championship run -- is bound to leave the team. Broussard reported Wednesday that, according to sources with knowledge of the negotiations, Ariza was likely to leave the Lakers for a new team because L.A. was reluctant to sign him to a contract starting above the league's $5.6 million mid-level exception, even after Ariza's postseason success.

Ariza has been courted by numerous teams, including Cleveland, and met Thursday in Las Vegas with Houston Rockets general manager Daryl Morey to possibly swap spots with Artest.

Marc Stein is a senior NBA writer for ESPN.com.

2m35xf6.gif

Kobe and Ron are friends.

That's how passionate and tough Ron is when he went at him in the series. Aint no friends on the bball court.

He won't be duking it out with Kobe in practice
laugh.gif

...Him and Kobe might be 1-2 leading the league in techs though

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

4) The wild-card in all of this are the Denver Nuggets. Chauncey Billups scares me with his commitment to winning. If they keep their core together (and the core being Chauncey, Nene, Kenyon, Melo, and Birdman), I don't think it's going to be a cake-walk for them at ALL. The Lakers had to fight their tails off to beat the Nuggets in games 1 and 3. They're a scary team.
1 year wonder, the nuggets will be no threat to the lakers. The spurs will be tho

ehh i'm not that worried about Billups, i'm more worried about improvements that Melo and JR Smith will be making

Bigmike23:
Who's a one year wonder? Chauncey?!

eek.gif

You serious?!

eek.gif
If Artest would go to the Lakers.

My hate for the Lakers would increase exponetially if this move goes down.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

I'd be fine with that argument if this were the AI-Nuggets. But this ain't. This is a Chauncey Billups lead team, Chauncey made theConference Finals for like 5 straight years. That's no coincidence.

Ska wildin.
laugh.gif

Cinco, MLE is a contract that teams can use to offer a player if they are over the salary cap, it's upto 6 million or so right now, and they can split itbetween a player or two, or they can give it to one player. The Lakers are giving it all to Artest.

The only other exception they have is the LLE, (low level exception, mid level exception).

I want to say the LLE is annually, while MLE is bi-annually.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

RIc Bucher on ESPNEWS

"He was suggesting he was going to the Lakers, I've checked that out and there is no indication that they would make him an offer here today, but there is a amount of interest but that haven't explored that at length"

nerd.gif

laugh.gif
Keep holding out hope OC...Ric also said Kobe was never going to suit up in a Laker uniform again so...

I'll reserve my full jubilation til I actually see him @ a Lakers press conference with a purple and gold jersey

LA Times is also reporting this...and they were first on top of when MJ died last week so they are more reliable

Actually TMZ was but w/e.

Back
Top Bottom