Ron Artest Agrees To Terms With The Lakers vol: It's a done deal (Full MLE $32 mill for 5 year)

laugh.gif
WOW!...

Not even fair if the Lakers keep their core guys. I might as well not even watch the NBA next year then.

Originally Posted by pI NaSmatic I

Originally Posted by Al3xis

GOD DAMN.

Welcome, LeBron.
Damn allen, you put that much trust into Ron?

personally, I think it's been a done deal. we'll see.

anywho, wow...I never gave LA much credit the past 2 years, and they made the finals and won a title...with Ron, this team has the chance to be GREAT.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
carter_dunk_france_220.jpg

damn you knicks for picking weiss over artest (the hometown kid)
smh.gif
smh.gif
10 years ago

alright, Laker Fans be good with him

laugh.gif
It's a done deal when I posted this. Agreed to terms. As much as a done deal as Ben and Charlie going to Detroit. Bill just got the first dib at thestory.

if Artest knows his role and plays it it will be great the problem artest has never done that. maybe kobe and PJ change that

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Yep...looks like it's just a formality.

Now just trade Sasha for Nate Rob and the 2010 chip is as good as ours
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
that aint gonna happen
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
I know it's not likely, but if the Knicks get J.Kidd, Nate is somewhat expendable, no need for 3 PGs on their roster...anything is possible

1. Sad Ron is crazy enough to lie to this reporters face

2. This isn't even on the Lakers website...

Waiting and watching....

To be realistic, I wouldn't put TOO much faith in the Lakers repeating...

1) Bynum has shown that he isn't the great hype that the Lakers thought he was going to be. He's good, and he still has TONS of time to improve, but heis NOT ready.
2) Yeah it looks like Artest is going to the Lakers, Ariza gone, and LO probably back. Yes, this is an upgrade, but is it so significant that it makes them alock to win next year? I don't think so...
3) The Cavaliers got Shaq for a dude who just broke his leg, and a role player they never used. They got off pretty damn cheap. Now, I think it's safe tosay the Cavs will get Ariza. That's an upgrade of two players better than what they had. Add that to Big Z, Delonte/Mo, and Joe Smith. If AV comes back, Ilike the Cavs easy out of the East. Who knows about him though.
4) The wild-card in all of this are the Denver Nuggets. Chauncey Billups scares me with his commitment to winning. If they keep their core together (and thecore being Chauncey, Nene, Kenyon, Melo, and Birdman), I don't think it's going to be a cake-walk for them at ALL. The Lakers had to fight their tailsoff to beat the Nuggets in games 1 and 3. They're a scary team.
5) There's another wild-card, the San Antonio Spurs. They got a 20-point dude for a bag of chips. Bowen will probably be back. If they sign a good freeagent, they're an elite team again, just like that.

Yeah signing Artest is great, and it's an improvement, but there are other teams that are making better improvements, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom