Ron Artest Agrees To Terms With The Lakers vol: It's a done deal (Full MLE $32 mill for 5 year)

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Originally Posted by Al3xis

i dont see anyone but Spurs and C's giving them a run in a 7 game series.

but a lot can wrong with Ron..
This is exactly why I questioned you earlier allen
laugh.gif
frown.gif
man, I thought you said 'Bron'
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by Three6mafia2007

Unfortunately, this probably means that Ariza will walk. Trevor, You will be missed
tired.gif
As long as Artest is in his best behavior, yall wont miss Ariza (obviously)
from a production stabdpoint, you're absolutely correct. But I genuinely like Ariza and will always be a fan of his
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

i dont see anyone but Spurs and C's giving them a run in a 7 game series.

but a lot can wrong with Ron..
This is exactly why I questioned you earlier allen
laugh.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by 430AM

Why do people keep mentioning the Nuggets as contenders??? What have they done to improve their roster this off season?
I'm a huge Melo fan but I don't see them making as much noise as they did last year.
I really think that playoff run benefited them. Other than re-signing Birdman and maybe Jones, there isn't much they should do. Carmelo justkeeps improving, and I expect him to have a big season this year...plus Nene and Smith will look to even have a better season. Although they might not be atthe top of the list, they are definitely in the list of contenders.

430AM:
Why do people keep mentioning the Nuggets as contenders??? What have they done to improve their roster this off season?
I'm a huge Melo fan but I don't see them making as much noise as they did last year.
What have they done? Nothing.

So where did they end up last season? Western Conference Finals.

Why? Because they picked up Chauncey, during the season.

So give them a full season the way they finished the season, and you see why people pick them as at least contenders.

The Spurs will be healthy next year. They have young players they're involving in their grand scheme. Bowen is still relevant, he may not be what he once was, but he's still a good player. Manu will be back healthy next year. TP will be strong. Timmy will be strong. Richard Jefferson is going to be hungry again.

bowen still plays for the spurs?
eek.gif
laugh.gif

just messin,
laugh.gif

damn artest

Rockets is my squad so im sorta upset
smh.gif

I'm not saying anything cuz i got a bad feeling about how people are so amped about this. Then come mid season it end up being a disater
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Unfortunately, this probably means that Ariza will walk. Trevor, You will be missed
tired.gif
from a production stabdpoint, you're absolutely correct. But I genuinely like Ariza and will always be a fan of his
frown.gif

Look at this hater on Yahoo sports
indifferent.gif

How in the world does this work?
Seriously, at any point during last year's Finals, was anyone telling themselves, "damn, the Lakers really need Ron Artest(notes)" ?!?

Apparently, for whatever reason, the Lakers are close to a deal with Ron Artest.

And it makes no sense.http://

The triangle offense demands a presence that doesn't hold onto the ball. It's an exacting thing that asks for quick decisions and smart resolutions.

Why Ron Artest, in any form, would have a place in this championship-driven mess? It boggles the mind.

The Lakers don't need him. His off-court palatables hardly matter. The Laker offense begs for players whose hands don't stick to the ball, and Ron's hands stick to the ball like no other. He's the wrong idea. He's a wasted face. He's the wrong choice.

Let that sink in.

He's the wrong choice.

The Lakers, as presented during June of 2009, had no flaws. Honestly, not a single flaw, outside of defending point guards.

Artest, as great as he is, solves absolutely nothing.

He's a fine player, and everyone knows his name, but the Lakers don't need him. He'll spin the radio chat show fodder funk to no end, but that means absolutely nothing. He's a defensive-minded small forward heading toward a team with small forward depth and a good defensive history.

The Lakers don't need Ron Artest. It's a pity that his talents don't mind that apogee.

eek.gif

thats crazy

bring back lo too and ths team looks reeeeeal good
pimp.gif

too bad for the rockets though
frown.gif

I really feel losing Ariza is a very bad move for the Lakers. I'm no Laker fan, but he was a very important key to Lakers success this year.

Originally Posted by 430AM

1a) They didn't have a full training camp together, they got their act together on-the-go.
1b) Melo hasn't even touched his prime yet. He's still constantly improving, and he had a long year with Team USA and what-not.
2) Chauncey Billups is a proven Playoff-stud. The best Playoff PG out there right now.
3) That front-court is better and more physical than anything in a long time. Nene, Melo, and Kenyon with Birdman off the bench is so long, so athletic, and sostrong defensively, that they are a threat night-in and night-out. They made the Hornets (who some thought were a contender), look like a joke. They playedwith the Mavs like they were toys. They fought well against the Lakers, but came up short.
4) They are hungry, and they have the attitude.
5) George Karl sucks. So that's the only thing holding them back.
laugh.gif

TBone, why the hell do you make your text so big.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

damn, i wished he stayed with houston

if they keep LO, its a wrap

what did houston offer ron, or did they not even contact him? pretty fast signing, i had a feeling he wanted to go to LA

Originally Posted by tupac003

tired.gif
frown.gif
You're an Ariza fan too Pac? nice! something we agree on
pimp.gif
lol

Back
Top Bottom