Ron Artest Agrees To Terms With The Lakers vol: It's a done deal (Full MLE $32 mill for 5 year)

eek.gif
I was just talking to my homeboy about this 2 hours ago

Can you say back to back championships?
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Unfortunately, this probably means that Ariza will walk. Trevor, You will be missed
tired.gif

This is shaping up to be a very entertaining 09-10 season

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Originally Posted by goukiteg

No NBA star would ever want to play with Kobe. EVER.
Ron Artest does.

Ron Artest already said before how much he admires Kobe & likes Kobe
Not sure if you picked up on it or not, but he was being sarcastic.

It was one of many claims made about Kobe.
Nope... didn't know he was
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

laugh.gif
@ bright nikes saying ariza is *%##$*@ replacable all day.

wise choice ron ron, hope Kobe gets another one.
pimp.gif
I wasn't lying
laugh.gif
lets not act like this deal is a dime a dozen for LA now
grin.gif

........now we MUST re-sign LO

can't wait to see Ron Ron inPurple and Gold with the Lakers logo shaved in his head
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm gonna miss Ariza, but the Lakers are gonna be a problem for atleast the next three years.

Welcome to Los Angeles, Ron Artest.

Originally Posted by Three6mafia2007

Unfortunately, this probably means that Ariza will walk. Trevor, You will be missed
tired.gif
As long as Artest is in his best behavior, yall wont miss Ariza (obviously)

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Bynum was never on the level that Ginobili was. I know where you're going with the Bynum thing, he was awesome this year before getting hurt. But, my thing is that dude put up great numbers for HALF OF A SEASON. Ginobili has already established himself as a good player in the POST-SEASON. Bynum hasn't shown that to me yet. Some people can handle the big stage and bright lights. Case and point, check out Chauncey Billups and his efficiency in the regular season compared to the postseason.

Artest is an upgrade over Ariza, I will never doubt that. But what I'm saying is, you're replacing Ariza, with a better player. Yes, he's a bit older, but Artest will be good for a while. Thing is, other teams are getting better without losing any major pieces. You improved and made an improvement, a MAJOR improvement? Call me a homer, call me biased, but I don't see it as something major. I'm not saying YOU are in particular, but my post wasn't directly related to you.

The Cavaliers were also on a cake-walk to the Finals before the Magic came and Bron couldn't find any help. Ariza may not go to the Cavs, but unless he wants to get paid, I don't see any other destinations for him. But they got Shaq for Ben Wallace, which is a much more significant upgrade than Artest to Ariza is, because Ariza made a bunch of HUGE defensive plays and big shots in the Playoffs. I'm not saying that Artest can't do that, but Ariza made some damn clutch plays this year, some that altered the momentum of the entire series.

The Spurs will be healthy next year. They have young players they're involving in their grand scheme. Bowen is still relevant, he may not be what he once was, but he's still a good player. Manu will be back healthy next year. TP will be strong. Timmy will be strong. Richard Jefferson is going to be hungry again.
Agreed. I'm not a Lakers guy, but I do feel they are the favourite. But a shoe in? No. You still got 4 maybe 5 other teams can take this titlein the Spurs, Cavs, Celtics, Nuggets, and Magic. That being said the Lakers are the ones to beat in this league.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

So wait why hasnt LO signed yet. If he said hell take a paycut and Ariza is not gonna take the MLE and you wont give him more than the MLE than the next move for the lakers should be sign LO. And by next move I mean now, not in a few weeks
Just have a little patience. It's been one day since the first day of the re-signing period. But there was a report that LA was offering LOless than the $10 million he wants. Now that RonRon's jumped on I wouldn't be surprised if LO and LA will come to agreement within the week.

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

........now we MUST re-sign LO

can't wait to see Ron Ron inPurple and Gold with the Lakers logo shaved in his head
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
there really is no excuse for not giving him whatever he wants..9-12 mil would be fine cause that would be what Buss would have spent if theytried to resign Trev for real anyway. Plus no way LO wants to leave now that his Queen fam is with the team

Originally Posted by ro0ts

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

So wait why hasnt LO signed yet. If he said hell take a paycut and Ariza is not gonna take the MLE and you wont give him more than the MLE than the next move for the lakers should be sign LO. And by next move I mean now, not in a few weeks
Just have a little patience. It's been one day since the first day of the re-signing period. But there was a report that LA was offering LO less than the $10 million he wants. Now that RonRon's jumped on I wouldn't be surprised if LO and LA will come to agreement within the week.

This man knows what he is talking about.

dang thats crazzy

Bynum
Gasol
Artest
Kobe
Fisher

Hopefully they sign Odom so he can be the sixth man.

A repeat is looking good right now,they just need to lock up Odom already.

Originally Posted by MaxElite

If Boston signs Sheed...

This is gunna be one HELL of a season.

My dude Sheed needs to sign with the Spurs (I wanted him on the CAVS over ANY free agent, but that doesn't look like it's going down).
smh.gif

i dont see anyone but Spurs and C's giving them a run in a 7 game series.

but a lot can wrong with Ron..

Why do people keep mentioning the Nuggets as contenders??? What have they done to improve their roster this off season?
I'm a huge Melo fan but I don't see them making as much noise as they did last year.

Originally Posted by MaxElite

If Boston signs Sheed...

This is gunna be one HELL of a season.
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
Hell yeah. We want REVENGE!!

LiCeNseD To BaLL:
Pop Bottles Ska, you can relax now
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Y'all go ahead, though.

I'm still nervous. I've never had a non-Laker 'favorite player' (Joe Dumars, Chris Mullin, David Robinson, Scottie Pippen, Jason Kidd, GrantHill, Ron Artest), become a Laker, so I'm still holding my breath.

You know what Shaq did earlier in Cleveland? Being introduced, revealing his motto 'Get a ring for the King' (
eyes.gif
+ corn, by the way), talking about being 'The Big Witness Protection'and what not? I think I'm waiting for that to finally exhale on this.

laugh.gif

Superstitious FTL

its crazy how they went from losing shaq,almost losing kobe,not winning a playoff series to where they are now.oh yea this season is gona be a good one.

Back
Top Bottom