Ron Artest Agrees To Terms With The Lakers vol: It's a done deal (Full MLE $32 mill for 5 year)

I started thinking about it. How will Ron fit in with the Triangle? I guess at worst, he can just hang out and wait for the ball and shoot.

Or am I just getting too involved right now and should just celebrate?

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Look at this hater on Yahoo sports
indifferent.gif

How in the world does this work?
Seriously, at any point during last year's Finals, was anyone telling themselves, "damn, the Lakers really need Ron Artest(notes)" ?!?

Apparently, for whatever reason, the Lakers are close to a deal with Ron Artest.

And it makes no sense.http://

The triangle offense demands a presence that doesn't hold onto the ball. It's an exacting thing that asks for quick decisions and smart resolutions.

Why Ron Artest, in any form, would have a place in this championship-driven mess? It boggles the mind.

The Lakers don't need him. His off-court palatables hardly matter. The Laker offense begs for players whose hands don't stick to the ball, and Ron's hands stick to the ball like no other. He's the wrong idea. He's a wasted face. He's the wrong choice.

Let that sink in.

He's the wrong choice.

The Lakers, as presented during June of 2009, had no flaws. Honestly, not a single flaw, outside of defending point guards.

Artest, as great as he is, solves absolutely nothing.

He's a fine player, and everyone knows his name, but the Lakers don't need him. He'll spin the radio chat show fodder funk to no end, but that means absolutely nothing. He's a defensive-minded small forward heading toward a team with small forward depth and a good defensive history.

The Lakers don't need Ron Artest. It's a pity that his talents don't mind that apogee.

hater? the dude is Dead on tho

making it a great deal is all up to Artest playing his Role and Ron has showed that he wont do that at times

artest + mbenga in the frontcourt is probably the most gangsta lineup in the NBA ever.

vujacic will probably get shanked by artest in the 2nd week of training camp
laugh.gif

but seriously tho, this move can either work out really well for the lakers or be disastrous... im hoping for the latter since i dont want to see la win again:tongue:.

I actually thought Ariza was a better fit for what the Lakers do but he'll bring them some much needed toughness

Houston can't catch a damn break. We won't have a squad this year.

Well, Cleveland is my main team but Houston is where I live.

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

artest + mbenga in the frontcourt is probably the most gangsta lineup in the NBA ever.

vujacic will probably get shanked by artest in the 2nd week of training camp
laugh.gif

but seriously tho, this move can either work out really well for the lakers or be disastrous... im hoping for the latter since i dont want to see la win again :tongue:.
i hope artest helps bring some toughness into vujachick then.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

If they can sign lamar, they'll be looking pretty solid.

i dont think Ron ron will have problems in LA because of his respect for Kobe and with Phillip still there I think he'll be all business/kept in closecheck while looking for that ring.

eek.gif
I wanted Artest in Cleveland
mad.gif

I thought after the houston vs la series last year, Artest and Kobe didnt like each other because of that little scufle? When kobe elbowed Artest in thethroat??

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

Jesus Christ, now there is def. NOBODY in the league that can guard Kobe.
Shane Battier and Paul Pierce?

roll.gif
They didn't lock Kobe down but they definitely made him do work.

Shane can definitely give Lakers SG #24 a really, really hard time and make him work for all his shots. Paula isn't as good tho

True, Ariza is better fit for L.A. but Artest is the better individual player. So that maybe the sole reason why Trevor was not signed 'coz they weregetting Ron to replace him.....If Artest would adopt faster in the triangle, and Lamar be back, we are solid as others would say

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

1. Sad Ron is crazy enough to lie to this reporters face

It's sad that cavs fans deluded themselves into thinking a city kid would pick Cleveland over L.A.

We need to get the Ron Artest deal official and get it over with. This would be nice, imma really miss Ariza tho, that was my boy, he was nasty, drainingthrees, and dunking on madd cats, and slashing.... and that great "D" of this. Im not positive on how the Artest Deal with help or not help us, so Iwon't even bother shedding too much light on that other than saying his "D" is better than Ariza and his offense is better on the strength thathe can create his own shot and get to the lane faster and is bigger and stronger. I really thought Ariza was a great fit for us. Shame on Mitch and Buss fornot re-signing Ariza and keeping the championship team in tac! But, nothing is written in stone so knows whats gonna happen. But, if we get Artest, and if wecan get the sign&trade for Nate Boogie.. Then just hand us the chip now and skip the 09-10 season. Or do a package deal, Powell and Sasha, or Mbenga,somebody.. just get Nate Boogie please!! I think Kobe is home creaming his pants!! lol If the Nate deal doesn't happen and we dont get another/better PG,sasha better step up and spend his entire summer in the gym!!! beef and, toughen up, and practice on the jump-shot!!

Back
Top Bottom