RIP New York Hip-Hop? (Need Some Feedback)

Why ya'll can't just let this _ build? :lol:

He was tryna chase what's "poppin" and it ain't work. Doing songs with Chris Brown and Uzi. He just got back on track and ya'll still keep saying "He need a hit". Everybody is not meant to have hit records and be a superstar. That doesn't mean he can't still have a good career.

Listening now and whoever mentioned it must be on dope if you think he'd be mainstream with this sound. To me tho, Dave is just decent. He's got a good storytelling vibe where I'd just vibe and enjoy listening to his stuff.

Why ya'll can't just let this _ build? :lol:

He was tryna chase what's "poppin" and it ain't work. Doing songs with Chris Brown and Uzi. He just got back on track and ya'll still keep saying "He need a hit". Everybody is not meant to have hit records and be a superstar. That doesn't mean he can't still have a good career.

doesn't work like that anymore....u really want this _ on da slow lane ala Currency forever? chill b.

problem with his attempts is they all been cliche' contrived efforts...Chris Brown joint should've been better thou...da new remy ma Chris Brown joint bout to blow..

im willin to bet a Dave East Cardi B joint cookin if it isn't already in da can...

outta all da new blood in da city, A Boogie probably got da most stable career trajectory...super poppin, good decent sized amount of hit records, versatile, likeable.

A Boogie makes catchy kid singalongs. Of course he's more poppin. :lol:

They in 2 different lanes.

Fabolous is as poppin as A boogie and he 40.

when u NYC rapper, they all in da same lane, either u gettin love or u not...Dave gettin love, but he hitless.... reminds me of French after be got with Max B, but before Badboy/MMG.

doesn't work like that anymore....u really want this _ on da slow lane ala Currency forever? chill b.

problem with his attempts is they all been cliche' contrived efforts...Chris Brown joint should've been better thou...da new remy ma Chris Brown joint bout to blow..

im willin to bet a Dave East Cardi B joint cookin if it isn't already in da can...

outta all da new blood in da city, A Boogie probably got da most stable career trajectory...super poppin, good decent sized amount of hit records, versatile, likeable.

Honestly Yea i would as long as it leads to the best MUSIC from him. Not to mention Curren$y is doing better career Wise than a lot of ****** with "hits". If he continues to make great projects while knocking down occasional hits then so be it. But if he becomes hit driven & throws out mid albums like French Then nah I'm Good (keyword Albums, French mixtapes are impeccable)

lmao thsts not a bad marketing scheme if he chose a realistic number like 5k :lol:

Wait... I thought he naturally sounded like Future. :nerd: :lol:

He actually sounds better when he's not doing Future karaoke

Bless GOOD music's heart for trying to pull a 97 Razor Ramon/Diesel. They finessed a #1 hit, but unlike other #1 near-parody hits like Ice Ice Baby, no one will be playing that years later.

Fam goin in on both sides
Screenshot_20180121-141439.png

Dude too busy tryna run the world for shows to finish the album. I rly need them Thugga Desiigner tracks (prolly not likely wit Future nd him being best buds)

Last edited:
Listening now and whoever mentioned it must be on dope if you think he'd be mainstream with this sound. To me tho, Dave is just decent. He's got a good storytelling vibe where I'd just vibe and enjoy listening to his stuff.

He's better than "decent". He just doesn't know how to craft songs for todays mainstream/radio era. At least yet. It only takes one.

He's better than "decent". He just doesn't know how to craft songs for todays mainstream/radio era. At least yet. It only takes one.

Maybe that's it but he just doesn't stand out for me. In any way. I think Cas has a bigger chance of hitting it big. And I think he's and awful rapper.

Back
Top Bottom