RIP New York Hip-Hop? (Need Some Feedback)

So this 69 clown was claiming to be the biggest gangster in the world now he saying "the amount of hate in the world is crazy" :lol:

It's like some dudes don't understand you're gonna get tested when you claim this and that.

before i download the new dave east tape is it on some ny **** as far as production and bar structure or is it on some south ****.
no offense to the south.

NY need to find a way to re-invent the boom bap sound/Heatmakers/Dame Grease sound. That’s the only way they’ll recover

what you mean "recover"? NY thriving right now.

as far as your "sound" you're talking about, Harry Fraud fits that bill.

Fat Joe's cool & Dre always make good NY beats that transcend da tristate area too.

Tape after one listen is really good for east at this point. Really introspective doesnt have that big song he needs to get to the next level but really has some songs that stick with you like a beans,jada,styles, etc.

I feel like this will help him build out his core a bit before trying to push for the mainstream fans.

That marsha ambrosius song is my favorite after the first listen. Talk to big will probably be the stand out.

I feel like this will help him build out his core a bit before trying to push for the mainstream fans.

that's da only way he can do it...have a mixtape resume so thoro that whenever he crosses over his base won't be too mad at him..

im surprised he ain't try to link up with Cardi... that can be a good look on alot of levels.. Latino connection, Cardi b scorching, more female fan base, Instant mainstream ramp...

That Marsha track is the perfect closer. It’s 6 minutes but didn’t feel like it at all

Overall song sequencing was great on the tape. Started off strong middle had some of the more lyrical slower stuff then keisha and marsha towards the end.

Im rooting for dave

that's da only way he can do it...have a mixtape resume so thoro that whenever he crosses over his base won't be too mad at him..

im surprised he ain't try to link up with Cardi... that can be a good look on alot of levels.. Latino connection, Cardi b scorching, more female fan base, Instant mainstream ramp...

I dont think thats gonna fly with atlantic right now. Maybe once rosenberg is up at def jam they can talk to them. Anything cardi touches right now is set to go i dont think dave is ready for that yet.

Feel like there's a very contrasting sound from Kairi Chanel, Paranoia, Karma, and P2. Which sound is he going to hone in on whenever the actual full LP is ready to release?

if it wasnt Pac people would **** with that song

Surprised he tried that again so soon after remaking hit em up

Btw dave x cardi is exactly what he needs to get a hit

they should remake/interpolate/resample this

Nah Dave don't need to chase a hit

If it happens, it happens but to force something will not help him long term

They already tried to expand his sound by collabing with Uzi and that ain't really work

Nah Dave don't need to chase a hit

surely you can't compare Dave making a song with Cardi B with him making a joint with Lil Uzi....

a Cardi B Dave East collab would actually look organic and not forced...look at da Ozuna Cardi B record... scorching, and its just off da strength that Cardi is Bilingual, and both from da NY area, catering to da same demographic.

he betta get his "superwoman" track soon or he's gonna be Vado...again.

Back
Top Bottom