RIP Joe Paterno

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Joe Paterno is 100% responsible for EVERY SINGLE child that was molested after he learned about the situation. Period.

not really; you can say he didn't do enough which I agree whole heartedly with but to say he is responsible is absurd 

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Joe Paterno is 100% responsible for EVERY SINGLE child that was molested after he learned about the situation. Period.

not really; you can say he didn't do enough which I agree whole heartedly with but to say he is responsible is absurd 
grin.gif

Yes, really. He could have put a stop to it all by informing the police, but he was too busy worrying about his reputation.

I swear, Penn State fans live in some kind of inescapable bubble.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

C'mon, man, of course I know that. Read my other comments in this thread.

I read your comments. I respect and I can see where you're coming from as a man a father. I have no kids yet but if that was my kid getting fondled in the showers, I wouldn't go to Sandusky, I'd go to the man who's running the program: Joe Pa

^ Oh, if it were me… I have a son, and if I had been involved at PSU and I knew about this, I would've been the last mother !@!*#@ they tried to keep quiet. I have no loyalty when it comes to child abuse.

I'd send my own blood to jail if i found out they were doing some %$$% like that...I hate child molestors and rapist

Id be the first cat to knock his statue, melt it down and turn it into a !@++!%! pedo bear. I understand Joe Pa put in work into that school. I just can't understand how students and alums can look at him the same way after that while $!$% went down. People gotta understand anybody can get it even if you hold a high position at ur job.

#### Joe Pa, he was a great football coach, granted, but he was a terrible human being for not alerting the proper authorities. To those using the stop snitching, "hood" mentality as a way to accuse others as hypocrites, NO, that does not pertain to child molestation. There is a reason they (child molesters) are placed in protective custody, and that is because these "hood" cats do NOT tolerate it. So be real in your snitching argument, there's no basis.

numbah1grimey:
you same individuals criticizing Joe would probably be the same individual who knowingly saw a person drop their wallet on the street, pick it up and go about your business...
There are literally millions of people who would pick up a wallet they saw dropped from someone's pocket, but would still turn around and turn a known child molester into the authorities. C'mon, man.

Originally Posted by Professor YKK

I can't say I'm glad he's dead because I'm an atheist who doesn't believe in the afterlife, but I am glad he suffered these last few months and I'm glad his legacy is tarnished. I view him as the ultimate narcissist, you don't harbor a child molester on your campus long after he quit "because he knew he wasn't going to be the successor" unless you're a wild ego maniac more concerned with your own legacy. "Oh, Jerry's running a football camp for young boys on campus? Good to know he still loves to coach! *sniff* Moving on. I'm me." Paterno could have easily died before any of this came out, that would have been the worst of tragedies. I'm glad it got messy.

Glad he suffered? #%%$

Its amazing how stuff like public humiliation and stress can rapidly deteriorate the condition of the human body.

Look at John Edwards.

That being said...I'm indifferent towards him. Everyone is capable of doing good to other people...in fact, its almost expected.

I feel no qualms about judging him for his lapse in judgement.

grin.gif

Yes, really. He could have put a stop to it all by informing the police, but he was too busy worrying about his reputation.

I swear, Penn State fans live in some kind of inescapable bubble.

exactly. he didnt want his god like status or his kingdom to crumble. Old man knew if he said something that would have been it. no more king of Penn State. So he sacrificed that kid so he could live on as king... Disgusting...

Originally Posted by Antidope

Originally Posted by HankMoody

His legacy and name is forever tarnished, he was fired, etc. Dude and his family have already paid a fair price for his mistakes, IMO. No need to go overboard. He did a lot of good in this world as well. A LOT.

RIP.
Thank you for this post Hank. People now adays seem too blood hungry for me, I get the vibe that people wanted him to see the electric chair. RIP Joe, not perfect, but the world will not be the same.

Not doing enough IS being responsible. When you see a man dying on the side of the road who can be saved with medical attention, and u keep it moving without helping dude, u are RESPONSIBLE for him dying.

Paterno knew Sandusky liked young boys yet he didnt do a thing about it. He just let Sandusky operate his molestation camps as usual
30t6p3b.gif

Its disgusting. Penn State will never be looked at the same.

At Penn State football is the biggest thing going
laugh.gif
The biggest and most important thing Penn State had going for them is now forever labeled as harboring child molesters. I hope Jay Pa is proud of his Pops.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by Antidope

Originally Posted by HankMoody

His legacy and name is forever tarnished, he was fired, etc. Dude and his family have already paid a fair price for his mistakes, IMO. No need to go overboard. He did a lot of good in this world as well. A LOT.

RIP.
Thank you for this post Hank. People now adays seem too blood hungry for me, I get the vibe that people wanted him to see the electric chair. RIP Joe, not perfect, but the world will not be the same.

It's comments like these that irk me a little bit.

The world will never be the same? Im sorry bro but yes the world will be the same.

Perhaps it will be better because Sandusky and Paterno aren't around anymore. No more innocent boys fondled in the showers at PSU.

/\ shuddup... as a psu alum I can honestly say joes contributions saved countlesssssss numbers of lives, whether it be thru mentoring, donations, or jus bein that father figure alotta kids didnt have... For 30 yrs hes been makin a positive impact on,every1 he touches... Shame he techincally I guess can be blamed for these atrocities bu hank was right... Worlds a bette place with paterno n it

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

Worlds a bette place with paterno n it
I'm sure the kids who were subsequently raped after McQueery told Paterno what happened think the same thing. 

And this is exactly why I'm indifferent and saving my RIPs....he played a hand in ruining COUNTLESS lives. I don't care about his coaching legacy. People need to wake up.

Sickening
30t6p3b.gif

Paterno saved COUNTLESS lives? Word? Because he granted dudes football scholarships? I guess you can say the same thing about any other D1 coach too then.

His main objective was to win football games. Anyone who thinks differently and puts Joe on some kind of pedestal is delusional. His actions clearly show he never cared about children. He cared about football and his own legacy.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

And this is exactly why I'm indifferent and saving my RIPs....he played a hand in ruining COUNTLESS lives. I don't care about his coaching legacy. People need to wake up.

Exactly. If this was the head baseball coach at PSU the same people defending him would be condemning him. Its turrible.

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Funny how no snitching is glorified when grown people lose their lives but people are crucifying Joe Pa for "not doing enough".

It's not like he didn't do @*#!. He went through the chain of command and unfortunately, the person on top didn't do more. Sandusky was already let go by then...right?

Sad situation all around.

You won't find a single place in the world where they advocate no snitching in regards to child molestation.  And i knew people would bring up the karma argument.  For those that did, are you slow?

Back
Top Bottom