RIP George Floyd

x6hl3323qj651.jpg

that pic right there got him looking dumb as hell though. Like a dumb criminal. Like a Scooby Doo bad guy. Like at the end of every episode when his plot gets ruined, everybody says Ohhhh Geezus.

• Haha
Reactions: wr

You called it yesterday RIP sleazyy RIP sleazyy

This kind of stuff along with the federally documented and acknowledged infiltration of law enforcement and military by extremist WS elements over the last few years is why I'm on board with the movement for black folks to arm themselves in the country.

The wingnut militia's have been fantasizing and preparing for violence for years and I'm not one to think that kind of political violence would be unimaginable in 2020 America, quite the opposite really, so it's about time the likeliest targeted groups started making preparations to defend themselves...

I don't put anything out of the realm of possibility in todays world so better for people to be prepared for any and everything than caught off guard

Though no one should be satisfied with superficial or symbolic change, one such measure that I have been heartened by has been the willingness of dictionaries to incorporate a more accurate definition of racism, long recognized within social science, into future editions.
There exists a hierarchical gravity to racism, sexism, classism, heterosexism, and other forms of systemic inequality that must be accounted for and distinguished from other forms and expressions of prejudice.

Absent this distinction, the dictionary definition of "racism" acts as a persistent thorn in the side of anyone who endures discussions about injustice with the privileged and oblivious. (For instance, it's a constant point of resistance when we have to explain our policies, as in this recent example. Even now, I have a complaint alleging our community's "reverse racism" in my PM inbox.) Dictionaries should treat ignorance, not cause it.

There was a nice piece on this in the Atlantic yesterday by John Whorter, which I highly recommend:

Society as a whole is in dire need of reformation - and, as in an explication or negotiation, defining our terms is a logical place to start.

Crime numbers will never stay down in an area with less cops because the cops themselves will not allow it. They'll find ways to stir things up in the communities with gang violence or pin drug dealers against each other, or magically stop surveillance on an illegal gun ring and let the guns get on the streets in hopes more people will shoot someone. Then they'll make a statement about how they would've had this under control if they had more cops.

in NYC they took 60 plain clothed officers off the street and miraculously like 30 people were shot in like a 4 day span. Somehow the 60 out of 37,000 officers they have were making a huge impact on gun violence. These guys must be the Avengers in police uniforms.

Back
Top Bottom