RIP George Floyd

1592545780210.png

Obviously these things get brought up rather conveniently

but even with that this a problem when referencing those criminal records

This is the prison system in a nutshell. That's why so many black men go to jail. Arresting a black man in a low income community is like shooting fish in a barrel for the "justice" system. People who live in low income areas are more likely to do minor drug **** like sell weed (this is regardless of race.) You arrest a guy on a ******** drug possession charge.

He can't afford a good lawyer so he gets some rinky dink dude assigned to him, and doesn't care about his case. He tells him look man I can get you 8 months for drug possession or you can go to trial and get 2 years if the judge finds you guilty, which he probably will. Dude is shook so he's like damn 8 months is better than 2 years. Yet, if he had a good lawyer he'd convince the judge he's a good kid, has no priors, etc and get off with 3 months probation. It's a cycle nobody cares to fix

In a better legal system, the standard sentence for a crime would be what people charged with that crime get when they plea to a lesser charge. So sentences should be cut into a quarter or a fifth of what they are now. From there, no more plea bargains. Then the PD office gets better funding than the DA’s office. Then we end cash bail. Allow judges to revise down sentences.

If you can get a conviction in that environment, the convicted person should be incarcerated as a last resort. The conditions of that incarceration should be like those in Norway. Once the person has served his time, no fines, no parole and give them resources to not offend again.

Nope, it’s Todler. That’s the kid’s name. See? Capital T. Well, it’s all caps but we all learned in grade school that words starting in capital letters means it’s a proper person, place or thing.

A noun defines a person, place, or thing.

Capitalization has different prerequisites.

R.I.P RAYSHARD BROOKS & GEORGE FLOYD

An oldie but a goodie...

This brightens up my whole ******* week. If you would do something like that, there is no amount of apologizing that will redeem the hate in your heart. **** them both. Insane thing is they're probably thinking black people made them go to prison unfairly.

Back
Top Bottom