Return of the NikeTalk Fitted Cap. Help us decide our size distribution and order quantities!

What fitted cap size are you MOST interested in?

• 6 7/8

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 7 1/8

• 7 1/4

• 7 3/8

• 7 1/2

• 7 5/8

• 7 3/4

• 7 7/8

• I don't really want a hat, I just wanted to click something.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I humbly bow out. I was going to get it for nostalgia reasons but this isn't even worth my time.

Release these the day before the Legend Blue 11's drop, beast don't have the monies to cop both

Not srs

I think some of you are psyching yourselves out based on false analogies.  

Reselling existed five years ago.  Scripts existed five years ago.  It doesn't follow that just because people create add to cart scripts for Nike.com products with potential markups of $100 per unit that people would do the same for the Cap City website over such a niche item with such a low markup.  

Last time, we had HALF as many available and very few were listed on eBay.  Of those that were, I saw some greedy attempts to list for $199 - and nobody was biting.  

Yes, there's an overlap in audience between this and the Nike.com/Kith/Supreme/Overhyped online feeding frenzies - but that doesn't necessarily mean that the same thing will inevitably occur with this product.  

Last time around, I invited everyone who missed out to send me their sizing information so we could take it into account the next time around.  I received maybe 30 messages about it.  We have 144 more caps this time.  

I'd like to have more than 288, but the odds are hardly so dire as to warrant widespread defeatism.  

Remember, we didn't receive those 600+ poll votes overnight.  Voting was open for a week - and it was free.  Nothing prevented users from asking friends to vote for their preferred size, and you can vote for a size without choosing between buying that and spending the money on holiday gifts, holiday sneaker releases, etc. etc. 

600 non-committal votes over one week does NOT mean 600+ people will be mashing the refresh button online on release night.  

And, again, we're going to look into different ways of making these available to our most dedicated community members either via contests or some form of charitable fundraiser.   There's nothing we can do about production limitations in the short run, but if we're restricted to 288 units in 2014, that certainly doesn't prevent us from creating another run next year.  

The bigger takeaway here is that all the calls to produce another run of NikeTalk fitted caps were heard and that the order has actually been placed - and the total order is DOUBLE our initial run.  I wouldn't consider that bad news.

jus raffel them, wit a 5-$10 buy in that goes to charity and see if you get lucky. fairest thing to do IMO
THIS RIGHT HERE
A raffle is a form of gambling.  It's not something to take lightly.  

Raffle laws vary by state.  To do it by the book, you really need to be a registered nonprofit yourself, and you have to register with the state.  Online, you're dealing with federal law.  I don't know if you've heard, but they're not really big on interstate gaming.  

It's a hornet's nest - especially if you're going to do it online.  That's just not something we're interested in.  

Why not go through hat club or something? One of the dudes posts on here

288 can't be a limit. This is BS in my opinion

Why not go through hat club or something? One of the dudes posts on here

288 can't be a limit. This is BS in my opinion
If we had to start all over again with somebody else, there would be ZERO caps available in 2014.  Lead time, remember?  New Era doesn't spit these things out overnight - and, believe it or not, I don't think there are many businesses chomping at the bit to do all the work to sell and ship these items just to raise money for charity.  

If you don't believe that 288 "can be a limit," take it up with @eCapCity.   As has been established consistently throughout the course of this thread, you were going to find some cause for criticism regardless.  Had the number been 600 you'd complain.  Had it been 1,000 you'd still probably find a way to complain.  Personally, I appreciate the opportunity we have to make these available to more members than ever - and to raise far more money for charity than we did previously.  

The bottom line is this:  288 > 0 - and zero is what we'd have this holiday were it not for Cap City.  

jus raffel them, wit a 5-$10 buy in that goes to charity and see if you get lucky. fairest thing to do IMO
THIS RIGHT HERE
A raffle is a form of gambling.  It's not something to take lightly.  

Raffle laws vary by state.  To do it by the book, you really need to be a registered nonprofit yourself, and you have to register with the state.  Online, you're dealing with federal law.  I don't know if you've heard, but they're not really big on interstate gaming.  

It's a hornet's nest - especially if you're going to do it online.  That's just not something we're interested in.  
I was gonna comment on this but I figured you'd hit it anyways. but I guess the tiered donation system would probably be better. cuz as you said the e-commerece federal laws along with gming commissions from multiple states probably puts some unneeded heat/attention on NT for what is supposed to be charity. even though everyone who wants a hat won't be able to get one, it's still cool that they're being brought back.

You can't compared those time frames to recent events, back then everyone had a fair chance to buy a limited shoe online. Now you're lucky if you even see your size available seconds after a release.
ATCs, Bots and spotify scripts if used will take all the inventory before the hats drop on the site.

Realtalk. Resellers are public enemy #1 at nike. The last thing they want to see is somebody profit 1000% from their product. Just like the game developers hate gamestop.

Nike and jb keep pumping out retroes just to lower the value of their kicks. Nothing is going to be considered "rare" and you can thank resellers for that

Nike don't care about no resellers :lol: as long as they're getting there bread, they could care less

Price increases aren't to deter resellers.

They see you dummies paying hundreds for shoes and figure why not cut out the middle man and just charge hundreds for shoes.

More profit for the same mediocre product.

This man gets it....but in terms of what nt is doing, maybe a price increase would be good. Cuz we know members will god to multiples to flip. Why not give more money to charity while making an attempt to deter reselling?

If I remember correctly, ecapcity won't see a dime of profit from these NT hats. The reason for the limited number of hats is because that's the most they can produce without losing money themselves?

Meth, is that correct?

Footlocker, easbay ect., are the middle man in this situation. Resellers are a nuisance to both.

If a shoe retails for $150 and a reseller sells the shoe for $500 how can u consider that a middle man? Marketing the product and building hype is not cheap either.

Nike don't care about no resellers :lol: as long as they're getting there bread, they could care less

They gettin bread for now but they know they're losin customers. Believe it or not, but when most people want a product and they can't get it they just say **** it and move on. They don't Even bother to look on ebay. Let alone pay some outrageous price. And when they constantly miss out on releases they say "**** nike" and buy adidas instead. Its all about keeping the consumer happy. People write to nike every day about resellers and not being able to get their products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom