Return of the NikeTalk Fitted Cap. Help us decide our size distribution and order quantities!

What fitted cap size are you MOST interested in?

• 6 7/8

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 7 1/8

• 7 1/4

• 7 3/8

• 7 1/2

• 7 5/8

• 7 3/4

• 7 7/8

• I don't really want a hat, I just wanted to click something.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
didnt he say the dude that has em doesnt do it anymore or something?

ill contact him myself? i dont remember so im not gonna look back

Here's what he said. The first paragraph

When I said I was looking to recover them for giveaways, I meant contests or promotions - not "I'd love to spend $10 per person shipping these out to anyone who asks."  

We made quite a few.  There was the original shirt from 2000, the "Alpha" NKETLK shirt everyone remembers, the 8th anniversary shirt, the 9th anniversary shirt, the 10th anniversary shirt, the "comeback often" shirt, the "one cent" shirt, NT Knows, and the designers shirt.

After over ordering on the first few, we limited subsequent releases to pre-order only.  I believe we only have "Alpha" shirts left.  

If I am able to recover them, it's unlikely that we'd set up a storefront and sell them again.  Steez isn't available to sell them anymore and I don't particularly need another job.  

People only started having problems receiving them YEARS after they went on sale.  After awhile, he stopped checking and then if an order came in, it would take him awhile to realize it.  When that happened - and it's happened maybe once or twice per year - he's always compensated the individual by giving them extra shirts for free.  

Therein lies the problem:  Cap City is running a business here.  They can't possibly be expected to warehouse extra hats.  They need that space for merchandise they can sell for a profit so they can stay in business.   The same goes for their staff's time and energy.  

Those aren't "unlimited" commodities.  

Plus, this is a more expensive product to manufacture than the t-shirts - by a substantial amount.  Asking someone to bankroll this is no small request.  It's easy to say, "order 2,000."  In reality, that's over $30,000. 

This is already a big effort for no financial gain on our end or on Cap City's end.  We have to keep the scale manageable and respect the sacrifice that's being made.  

It's at least five months away.  

Clicking a poll in July and spending actual money during the holiday season are two VERY different things.  Nobody has to choose between spending on a cap or buying "legend blue" XI's today.  Nobody has to choose between spending on a cap or buying gifts for their loved ones today. 

One possibility - and this has NOT been decided - might be to actually raise the price on this to reduce the resale potential.  That would mean more money for charity, a better chance for those who really want the product, a smaller market for resale, and a much smaller margin for resale.  

Unlike a sneaker company charging you $200 for an artificially limited shoe that costs $2 to make, the markup would ALL go to charity.  We'll see how things go, but that is an option available to help manage demand. 

Last edited:
Just wish they would have did a pre-order for the hats they could have got a exact number you want one pay for it now 1 per NT'er for a month giving everybody time to order then one it's closed and you didn't order YOU LOST

Wow, how did I miss this thread? I need a couple of these 7 3/4!!!!!
Oh no you don't
I'm saying
laugh.gif

Coming late to the party and trying to monopolize ****
mean.gif
Just trying to add two more 7 3/4 to the tally. Don't worry, odds are some jackhole will make an ECap bot and buy every hat... 
sick.gif

I have an update to share, though I'm afraid it's not an ideal one.

Today, I was informed by @eCapCity  that production limitations have restricted us to a total of 288 caps.  That is, unfortunately, less than we'd wanted - but it is still TWICE the amount sold during our initial offering and, with this order placed, we're all hopeful that the new run will be available this December, to coincide with NikeTalk's 15th anniversary.  

We'll have more details on this, and the possibility of future runs, as we draw closer to release. 

I appreciate everyone's support and understanding. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom