Retro Jordan Quality Vs. Hybrid quality ?

Hey Crew

i know the discussion about quality of retro jordans (materials, build, faultless finished goods) has been discussed a million times, i wanted to compare Retro jordan quality vs. Hybrid jordan quality.....

i own a few pairs of OG jordans, but the past 15-18months, with all the high profile releases (13's, 3's , 7's , 12's, 11's) i couldnt help but pick up some much loved retro jordans
pimp.gif

anyway... once every few weeks, i duck out to my local Nike outlet and like many, i hate driving somewhere and hate to leave empty handed.
They occassionally have sales on at the Nike Factory and i am able to pick up a pair of hybrid jordans and wear them as beaters.

ive noticed the build quality on my pair of hybrids are alot better than some of my retro's. As my 13's (flint and red/white) have alot of glue stains. The panel stitching on my cement 3's are slightly off . All of these were purchase direct from Foot locker, so no B grades.

Even my mother had a look at my 13's and picked it right away it wasnt real leather
ohwell.gif

on the other hand, my hybrid 6 rings and one6 one7 are spot on with quality, finish is close to perfect and i wear them daily and dont take much care with them, but they hold up well and feel comfy on my feet..
grin.gif
   the "leather" on my one6 one7 seem to be alot thicker than the materials used on my Flints and Cement 3 .

anyone else notice this ?  i am starting to get annoyed with paying premium $$$ for sub material shoes, the gap between bootleg fakes and official retro jordan's is alot closer than most of us think sadly
mad.gif

Hey Crew

i know the discussion about quality of retro jordans (materials, build, faultless finished goods) has been discussed a million times, i wanted to compare Retro jordan quality vs. Hybrid jordan quality.....

i own a few pairs of OG jordans, but the past 15-18months, with all the high profile releases (13's, 3's , 7's , 12's, 11's) i couldnt help but pick up some much loved retro jordans
pimp.gif

anyway... once every few weeks, i duck out to my local Nike outlet and like many, i hate driving somewhere and hate to leave empty handed.
They occassionally have sales on at the Nike Factory and i am able to pick up a pair of hybrid jordans and wear them as beaters.

ive noticed the build quality on my pair of hybrids are alot better than some of my retro's. As my 13's (flint and red/white) have alot of glue stains. The panel stitching on my cement 3's are slightly off . All of these were purchase direct from Foot locker, so no B grades.

Even my mother had a look at my 13's and picked it right away it wasnt real leather
ohwell.gif

on the other hand, my hybrid 6 rings and one6 one7 are spot on with quality, finish is close to perfect and i wear them daily and dont take much care with them, but they hold up well and feel comfy on my feet..
grin.gif
   the "leather" on my one6 one7 seem to be alot thicker than the materials used on my Flints and Cement 3 .

anyone else notice this ?  i am starting to get annoyed with paying premium $$$ for sub material shoes, the gap between bootleg fakes and official retro jordan's is alot closer than most of us think sadly
mad.gif

Notice this as well... Non-Jordan products(Nike shoes,Lebron line,kobe line..etc) are well made and last longer as well... "Quality Inspired by The Greatest Player Ever" huh.... SMFH
mad.gif
... But JB knows we'll still buy them regardless of the quality....
ohwell.gif

Notice this as well... Non-Jordan products(Nike shoes,Lebron line,kobe line..etc) are well made and last longer as well... "Quality Inspired by The Greatest Player Ever" huh.... SMFH
mad.gif
... But JB knows we'll still buy them regardless of the quality....
ohwell.gif

Sometimes.I wonder if they make these shoes purposely in such low quality

so you are tempted to buy again when they re-release a few years later

Sometimes.I wonder if they make these shoes purposely in such low quality

so you are tempted to buy again when they re-release a few years later

They know they have nothing to prove really with retros to make them sell. With a new product however, they have to really be on point with materials and quality as well as the design to have decent sales.

They know they have nothing to prove really with retros to make them sell. With a new product however, they have to really be on point with materials and quality as well as the design to have decent sales.

like many, when i buy a pair of J's, they last 5-10yrs at least and still look pretty fresh.

these recent retro's just have a fragile feel about them. i cant see them lasting 10+ years.

Look at the rest of the Nike range, materials and finish quality is alot better, even looking at the AJ 2009 and 2010 models, materials and finish is superior to most retro's .

like many, when i buy a pair of J's, they last 5-10yrs at least and still look pretty fresh.

these recent retro's just have a fragile feel about them. i cant see them lasting 10+ years.

Look at the rest of the Nike range, materials and finish quality is alot better, even looking at the AJ 2009 and 2010 models, materials and finish is superior to most retro's .

It just depends on the shoe... but marcmac does have a point.. were gonna buy the retros regardless what the quality is

It just depends on the shoe... but marcmac does have a point.. were gonna buy the retros regardless what the quality is

personally, I can't say enough good things about the Jordan 8.0 from an overall quality and functionality standpoint.

They are very built well and perform great on the court.

personally, I can't say enough good things about the Jordan 8.0 from an overall quality and functionality standpoint.

They are very built well and perform great on the court.

It is sad, we love and adore the quality of crap [retroes] but we bash the quality of decentness [hybrids]

It is sad, we love and adore the quality of crap [retroes] but we bash the quality of decentness [hybrids]

i've noticed this too. i think it might be because retros are pretty much what makes JB money so they cut corners in order to make more money because they know that the retros will sell.

i've noticed this too. i think it might be because retros are pretty much what makes JB money so they cut corners in order to make more money because they know that the retros will sell.

Back
Top Bottom