Replacement of the NBA Dunk Contest?

We just need more creative dunkers.

People who can do Team Flight Brothers stuff. There are guys not in the league who make Vince Carter's dunk contest performance look like a joke.

The All-Star game needs to do what the NHL did: draft

These guys' egos are so fragile that they will play HARD based on their selection. You can bet the last guy taken is going all out.

This is also why one-on-one will never work. Egos will prevent anyone from taking part.

The All-Star game needs to do what the NHL did: draft

These guys' egos are so fragile that they will play HARD based on their selection. You can bet the last guy taken is going all out.

This is also why one-on-one will never work. Egos will prevent anyone from taking part.

The dunk contest is fine, the NBA just short changes it by reducing the amount of dunkers and lame ideas like dunk-in and vote for a winner crap. They need to go back to 6 guys, introduce guys from D-league/playground, more prize money, let Damon Jones and Junkyard Dog be the MC's and generally let the players loose. Put em on the court, do it McD All American style. Hell have KIA sponsor a car and get em to jump over it. Or just jump over the corpse that is Vince Carter.

Same goes for the 3pt contest, I want THREE rounds and actual shooters. They need like a shooters vs heat seekers thing. Shooters being legit shooters like Allen and Redick, and heat seekrs being dudes that are good this year, Dorell Wright/Gary Neal.

And while you're at it, do a "hard knocks" or "nba 24/7".

The dunk contest is fine, the NBA just short changes it by reducing the amount of dunkers and lame ideas like dunk-in and vote for a winner crap. They need to go back to 6 guys, introduce guys from D-league/playground, more prize money, let Damon Jones and Junkyard Dog be the MC's and generally let the players loose. Put em on the court, do it McD All American style. Hell have KIA sponsor a car and get em to jump over it. Or just jump over the corpse that is Vince Carter.

Same goes for the 3pt contest, I want THREE rounds and actual shooters. They need like a shooters vs heat seekers thing. Shooters being legit shooters like Allen and Redick, and heat seekrs being dudes that are good this year, Dorell Wright/Gary Neal.

And while you're at it, do a "hard knocks" or "nba 24/7".

Someone got on me because I said that there is nobody in the NBA that can pull of Team Flight Stuff. Do you agree disagree with that comment? They said they are pro athletes, of course they can out dunk Team Flight Brothers. Their reasoning was because they are pro basketball players, so of course they can. I said well, TFB are pro dunkers so why is it so hard to accept that they are the best in the world at what they do?

Someone got on me because I said that there is nobody in the NBA that can pull of Team Flight Stuff. Do you agree disagree with that comment? They said they are pro athletes, of course they can out dunk Team Flight Brothers. Their reasoning was because they are pro basketball players, so of course they can. I said well, TFB are pro dunkers so why is it so hard to accept that they are the best in the world at what they do?

My pops was telling me the other day back in the day that there was One on One and the finals where like Nate Archibald vs Bob Lanier lol
If i was a NBA team exec I would give one of there TFB dudes a 10 day contract just for the dunk contest ,Imagine a guy pretty much off the street coming in and winning a Dunk Contest

My pops was telling me the other day back in the day that there was One on One and the finals where like Nate Archibald vs Bob Lanier lol
If i was a NBA team exec I would give one of there TFB dudes a 10 day contract just for the dunk contest ,Imagine a guy pretty much off the street coming in and winning a Dunk Contest

Maybe make the 1 0n 1 for rookies only, catch em while theyre hungry.

Honestly i dont see what could be done to improve the dunk contest, we've seen it all these days. Back in the days guys were still figuring out how to dunk,
so there was so much room for creativity.

Maybe make the 1 0n 1 for rookies only, catch em while theyre hungry.

Honestly i dont see what could be done to improve the dunk contest, we've seen it all these days. Back in the days guys were still figuring out how to dunk,
so there was so much room for creativity.

they should institute 3 on 3 pickup game tournament (G, F, C)
add onto the skills challenge
make the great dunkers DUNK in the dunk contest
make the great shooters SHOOT in the 3pt. contest

they should institute 3 on 3 pickup game tournament (G, F, C)
add onto the skills challenge
make the great dunkers DUNK in the dunk contest
make the great shooters SHOOT in the 3pt. contest

get 6 nba outcasts to play 21. winner gets a spot on an nba team going into post allstar break. feel good story(or pitied story) of the year

Antoine Walker
Adam Morrison
James White
Steve Francis
Joe Alexander
Rashard McCants

get 6 nba outcasts to play 21. winner gets a spot on an nba team going into post allstar break. feel good story(or pitied story) of the year

Antoine Walker
Adam Morrison
James White
Steve Francis
Joe Alexander
Rashard McCants

HORSE is a good idea but it'd need to be serious not like the one they do for pure fun on the first day in the afternoon.

I been talking about 1on 1 but just like the dunk contest we'd be getting some half baked lopsided games. Darko vs. Monta Ellis and shhh. I doubt former stars now vets would participate like Vince, Kobe, etc. Dudes like LeBron don't want their brand taking a hit or their ego.

If anything they should be forcing winners and runner ups of the dunk contest to compete again. Oh how I wish to see Desmond Mason and Jason Richardson battle it out again. Last great dunk contest for sure.

HORSE is a good idea but it'd need to be serious not like the one they do for pure fun on the first day in the afternoon.

I been talking about 1on 1 but just like the dunk contest we'd be getting some half baked lopsided games. Darko vs. Monta Ellis and shhh. I doubt former stars now vets would participate like Vince, Kobe, etc. Dudes like LeBron don't want their brand taking a hit or their ego.

If anything they should be forcing winners and runner ups of the dunk contest to compete again. Oh how I wish to see Desmond Mason and Jason Richardson battle it out again. Last great dunk contest for sure.

How about, if the big names like Lebron, Wade, Durant, Griffin etc., are not participating, then don't have a slam dunk competition. Simple as that.

Don't put these almost no-names in there, just to have a contest.

How about, if the big names like Lebron, Wade, Durant, Griffin etc., are not participating, then don't have a slam dunk competition. Simple as that.

Don't put these almost no-names in there, just to have a contest.

Back
Top Bottom