Replacement of the NBA Dunk Contest?

It just isn't interesting as it once was, we all know that ... 
I say 1-on-1 games up to 21 ... but that would probably cause too much controversy.
laugh.gif

What could replace it?

It just isn't interesting as it once was, we all know that ... 
I say 1-on-1 games up to 21 ... but that would probably cause too much controversy.
laugh.gif

What could replace it?

I'd love an old-timers game that people took seriously.

Or international vs NBA.

That'd be fun.

International would lose every time, but it would be fun.

I'd love an old-timers game that people took seriously.

Or international vs NBA.

That'd be fun.

International would lose every time, but it would be fun.

PLEASE PUT IN A ONE ON ONE!!!!!
I have always wanted a one on one tournament in the all stars.

NBA superstars would not go one on one with other players. Too much pride and accountability on the line.

If... Lebron, Griffin, Howard, JR Smith and other popular players would enter the contest, the dunk contest would be just as good as any dunk contest. The reason why the 2000 contest was so good was because pretty much everyone in it was an all-star calber player (minus larry hughes).

NBA superstars would not go one on one with other players. Too much pride and accountability on the line.

If... Lebron, Griffin, Howard, JR Smith and other popular players would enter the contest, the dunk contest would be just as good as any dunk contest. The reason why the 2000 contest was so good was because pretty much everyone in it was an all-star calber player (minus larry hughes).

Originally Posted by bangtcg

sad part is the best players wouldnt even compete
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by bangtcg

sad part is the best players wouldnt even compete
30t6p3b.gif

jr smith is not a popular player lol. 3 points deducted. However, he will make the HOF because people like Dennis Johnson are in it.

I've said too much. Where's that mute button!!??

jr smith is not a popular player lol. 3 points deducted. However, he will make the HOF because people like Dennis Johnson are in it.

I've said too much. Where's that mute button!!??

At the end of the day the All star game is for the fans. WE should dictate what takes place. Like we don't pay for it anyway. We pay these dudes salaries, at the very least make the dunk contest have a corporate sponsor.  300k to the winner and let the good dunks roll, and innovation transpire once again. The times of Dr. J and Wilkins are long gone, money talks. 

At the end of the day the All star game is for the fans. WE should dictate what takes place. Like we don't pay for it anyway. We pay these dudes salaries, at the very least make the dunk contest have a corporate sponsor.  300k to the winner and let the good dunks roll, and innovation transpire once again. The times of Dr. J and Wilkins are long gone, money talks. 

We just need more creative dunkers.

People who can do Team Flight Brothers stuff. There are guys not in the league who make Vince Carter's dunk contest performance look like a joke.

Back
Top Bottom