Reebok Shaqnosis Returning July 12th 2013

I really like the escape from la's and I plan on getting them. Can't believe there is so much disregard for them on here.

One of the ugliest foams evah, like most of them this year. 
Those are actually great compared to the weatherman's and thermals. But the Escape from LA's and Barracks haven't sold at all in my store. They're just occupying pods. No one even picks them up to give them a look. If they have more c/w's coming up they better be the inverted OG and that's it. 

I'm surprised about the barracks sitting. They were the cleanest out of the retro+ colors IMO. I know they didn't emphasize the nosis pattern but they were patent leatherless and weren't loud

I am not surprised at all, those were prone to fail since day one, like you said the whole shaqnosis is about the pattern, not a single color, even for $50 shipped is too much. Unless you want to go hunting in them joints.  

Last edited:
I am not surprised at all, those were prone to fail since day one, like you said the whole shaqnosis is about the pattern, not a single color, even for $50 shipped is too much. Unless you want to go hunting in them joints.  

LOL well....time to get my rifle. Is it Duck season or Wabbit season?

sorry bro but the original colorway is worth more than retail imo in comparison to quality and nike/JB pricing

Nobody is talking about the OG colorway bro, only for the + ones, all of them are garbage. 

sorry bro but the original colorway is worth more than retail imo in comparison to quality and nike/JB pricing

nope the retro of the og colorway of the shaqnosis is on par with terrible quality materials as jordan brand retros... 115 was a fair price

that leather was not leather and the nubuck was that cheap nubuck that ashes quicker than charcoal at a bbq :lol:

leather not as bad as my black tongue v retro but almost lol reason why nike gets away with the high prices is because people think jordan brand is god. also the rich history of the jordan line still holds a ton of weight compared to anything reebok puts out

the leather on my answer 1 retro that i paid 64 shipped was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay nicer leather than the one on the shaqnosis

i guess this is why reebok priced them at 115 as opposed to the answer 1 and shaq attack which were priced at 150 and up

also my question retros from 2000 or 2001 hexalite cushioning is going strong even now but my shaqnosis hexalite is feeling kinda fragile..

Last edited:
soon reebok is just gonna sell the shaq line at payless and k mart, i mean that's the only explanation to these ugly colorways they've been coming out with.

No worries, not gonna happen. 
 the leather on my answer 1 retro that i paid 64 shipped was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay nicer leather than the one on the shaqnosis
Yes of course, Answer l, Answer lV the Question all of them feature full grain leather, like they were coming straight from the 90's. Shaqnosis was the only one that I can think of using fake leather and fake nubuk.

No worries, not gonna happen. 

Yes of course, Answer l, Answer lV the Question all of them feature full grain leather, like they were coming straight from the 90's. Shaqnosis was the only one that I can think of using fake leather and fake nubuk.

Kamikaze II has the same weak materials as the Shaqnosis. It's a pity that Reebok can't be consistent in terms of quality. They've also got price increases for the retro drops next year - they better make sure all their joints are on the same level as AIs and Shaq Attaqs to justify that.

Kamikaze II has the same weak materials as the Shaqnosis. It's a pity that Reebok can't be consistent in terms of quality. They've also got price increases for the retro drops next year - they better make sure all their joints are on the same level as AIs and Shaq Attaqs to justify that.

I think y'all are expecting too much of these retros. I'm pretty sure that the OG Kamikaze 2 and Shaqnosis weren't made of high quality nubuck and leather. The problem that should be addressed is not fitting the retros with OG tech like the hexalite and dmx.
As a far as Shaq's line, the perception was ruined when HE took his brand to Payless. His sigs like the Shaqnosis would have more history if he would have stayed on with Reebok.

Last edited:
pretty sure that means every color including OG, might wanna be specific when you say every colorway but dont mean it, yeah they could have been better but if JB produced their garbage and sold them for 115 then nobody would be crying. but yes every other colorway besides the OG is not worth copping for anything close to retail i give you that.

To be honest I like their consistency better than JB, I have not seen a decent materials made retro for years, so I cant complain about Reebok. The price increase is also to be expected, they really sold a lot of pairs this year, and if they want to stay relevant to JB/Nike, at least a little bit, they have to go with the trend of jacking up the prices, luckily they still way more reasonably priced than JB. Like Kane said above, to get the Answer l and lV for around $65 is a mad deal, I also got them both for that price and cant be happier with that, especially considering the materials used. 

To be honest I like their consistency better than JB, I have not seen a decent materials made retro for years, so I cant complain about Reebok. The price increase is also to be expected, they really sold a lot of pairs this year, and if they want to stay relevant to JB/Nike, at least a little bit, they have to go with the trend of jacking up the prices, luckily they still way more reasonably priced than JB. Like Kane said above, to get the Answer l and lV for around $65 is a mad deal, I also got them both for that price and cant be happier with that, especially considering the materials used. 

True, because if you make your price cheap then people will think your product cheap. If Reebok would have priced the Shaqnosis, Attaqs, Answers, etc for under a $100 and they sat. Some would love it for discounts while the majority would think that Reebok can't even give their product away.

FWIW I found my recent (double-up) pair of OG Shaqnosis to be inferior to my first pair from the original batch. Shoe was much stiffer, ran slightly smaller, messy stitching on the inside of the shoe, etc.

True, because if you make your price cheap then people will think your product cheap. If Reebok would have priced the Shaqnosis, Attaqs, Answers, etc for under a $100 and they sat. Some would love it for discounts while the majority would think that Reebok can't even give their product away.

The problem is that apart from OG colourways they simply can't give their product away without a significant markdown. The price increases are just to squeeze some extra $$ from us cats just buying 1 or 2 OG colours.

Yes I agree with you. I worked retail from '03-'12 when Nike started the downward spiral of cheapening their product. GR AF1s, GR Dunks and other Nike retros were hit in late '03 while JB OG colourways were hit with lousy quality in '04.

Reebok's customer base is a fraction of Nike/JB - we are a bit more tolerant of QC issues but they really shouldn't test us by jacking up prices for no apparent reason.

To be fair jordan brand has had their fair share of quality material made retros. They just have the cheap stuff more often on their shoes.

Back
Top Bottom