@@@ REEBOK @@@ SHAQ ATTACKS @@@

Thanks a lot appreciate it. Its funny actually if you search Reebok on YT, most likely the first few videos will be mine, it really is true that there are not a lot of fans of the brand out there, but hey I don't care, I buy what I like and I love Reebok since 1990 and will always will no matter what, even when the company management are trying very hard to turn away people like myself. 
True, I think that's how I came across your videos the end of last year from searching for vids on Reebok kicks. Same here, I buy what I like and I like all brands. Now that I'm older it's like I'm reliving my childhood again but able to get the shoes I wanted but couldn't get as a kid. I don't see how people don't get tired of wearing the same brand or the same style shoes. I like my closet to be diverse and that's how kicks were back in the day, you had a lot of brands dropping heat back then but now everyone wants Nikes and Jordans...smh lol, I don't get it. I'm not mad at it though because it lets people like us to actually pick up the shoes we want and get them for really good prices. For what I would pay for a pair of Nikes or Jordans I could get like 3-4 pairs of Reeboks instead and that's dope. 

Last edited:
Yeah fam, that comment wasn't directed at you specifically as you were concerned more about build quality (which I addressed).

Not much you can do really though, Reebok retro/Classics looks to be on life support so I think this is probably the last time we'll see any of these joints reissued if at all ever again.

It's a pity that Adidas tapped into Reebok's catalog after damn near 2 decades - they should've done so in '04-'05 when they purchased Reebok. A decade is a long time but these shoes would've resounded more with a sneaker buying public in their 20s that actually grew up in the 90s than wait till 2013+ and appeal to 20 somethings that were infants in the 90s.

Anyways, money not spent is money saved.
All good man, no offense taken.

Wow, I didn't know Adidas had Reebok for that long. It's a shame what they did but if you look at how Adidas are careless with their retro releases you can see the same thing being done to Reebok. There's a lot of good sneakers Adidas hasn't re-released yet and I'm like what is the wait for? 

I've been waiting on these to come back out for so long 

Reebok was a good line back in the days and like you said, they could have/ should have capitalized on the brand in 2004-05. I wonder what happened. Back then I don't ever remember any Reeboks hitting shelves. Only thing I can think of off the head is when they did a limited run of the Dee Brown Omni pumps and maybe a couple of Instapump Fury's here and there. I kind of forgot about the brand myself because Nike and Jordans was running the market. Only shoe I ever wanted back then was the Shaq Attaq 1's, those was a holy grail for me and a few of my friends. I'm going to try and pick up as many pairs of Reeboks as I can this year, it seems like Reebok is slowing down on their retro's. I haven't really seen/heard anything else new coming out.

The
True, I think that's how I came across your videos the end of last year from searching for vids on Reebok kicks. Same here, I buy what I like and I like all brands. Now that I'm older it's like I'm reliving my childhood again but able to get the shoes I wanted but couldn't get as a kid. I don't see how people don't get tired of wearing the same brand or the same style shoes. I like my closet to be diverse and that's how kicks were back in the day, you had a lot of brands dropping heat back then but now everyone wants Nikes and Jordans...smh lol, I don't get it. I'm not mad at it though because it lets people like us to actually pick up the shoes we want and get them for really good prices. For what I would pay for a pair of Nikes or Jordans I could get like 3-4 pairs of Reeboks instead and that's dope. 

They only want certain Nike's and Jordan's. I just picked up ATC 2 hot lavas for $50 from an outlet. Most people buying sneakers now are just trying to be cool. They on Instagram straight flexing. In my opinion, Adidas flooded the market with too many retros too fast and they stink at building hype. But in the end its good for us because we all get to eat.

Been lurking. Boy I wish Adidas would sell Reebok. It would be best for both companies. They could focus on their own brands. It will hurt Reebok initially but they will be fine once they get more freedom. Wishful thinking but this Sneaker Wars feels like Beer Wars. Budweiser buys most of the store space, has the big ads, and buys out smaller beer companies. They have the industry on lock like Nike but have a inferior product for the price. Miller/Coors is like the Adidas/Reebok relationship, where Miller joined with Coors to TRY to compete with Budweiser. Then....you have all the craft beer companies that have been making a push in recent years. They are like Under Armour. Well that was my analogy. If you interested in checking out Beer Wars, it's on Netflix. Peace Bok Bros

The
They only want certain Nike's and Jordan's. I just picked up ATC 2 hot lavas for $50 from an outlet. Most people buying sneakers now are just trying to be cool. They on Instagram straight flexing. In my opinion, Adidas flooded the market with too many retros too fast and they stink at building hype. But in the end its good for us because we all get to eat.
Nice pick up for $50, I had the original retros that dropped a few years back. Them things were sitting on shelves over here in Jersey. I think they sold a little better this go around. You're right, the hype killed a lot of kicks. It's funny how things change in only a matter of a few years.

Been lurking. Boy I wish Adidas would sell Reebok. It would be best for both companies. They could focus on their own brands. It will hurt Reebok initially but they will be fine once they get more freedom. Wishful thinking but this Sneaker Wars feels like Beer Wars. Budweiser buys most of the store space, has the big ads, and buys out smaller beer companies. They have the industry on lock like Nike but have a inferior product for the price. Miller/Coors is like the Adidas/Reebok relationship, where Miller joined with Coors to TRY to compete with Budweiser. Then....you have all the craft beer companies that have been making a push in recent years. They are like Under Armour. Well that was my analogy. If you interested in checking out Beer Wars, it's on Netflix. Peace Bok Bros
Good analogy, I see what you're saying. I used to drink Coronas and Heinekens now I strictly prefer Blue Moon beers, if you haven't had that yet try it and thank me later...lol. 

I think Reebok would do good if they continue dropping better colorways of their retros and do more collabs with other companies. Keeping certain releases limited. That new Packer shoes collab on the Furys are dope. The pump is a good product they should really focus more on. Like drop new basketball designs with the pump instead of just using it for crossfit and running, even the idea of putting it on some of their basketball retro's was cool for the functionality aspect it but I wouldn't wear those Kamikaze 2's or the Shaqnosis pumps for everyday wear. Put them to use on the basketball court then anything. They need to drop more Fury's also, that's a really dope silhouette that was ahead of it's time and still is. 

Quick question to anyone,

Most pumps I've came across are true to size but why is it that the Shaq Attaq 1's fit small? I wear a size 10 but had to size up on them with a 10.5. I never understood that. 

Not for me, the Attaq l feels big to me, I went .5 down and they fit good. 
I have to try another pair again. I remember trying on the White Orlando's when they dropped in a 10 and I could barely get the shoe on my foot, too snug. The 10.5 fit me but I wasn't trying to drop them Flight Club prices on them. Months later I got my Black Orlando's and remember the size that fit me and copped the 10.5. Hmmm interesting. Thanks. 

Good analogy, I see what you're saying. I used to drink Coronas and Heinekens now I strictly prefer Blue Moon beers, if you haven't had that yet try it and thank me later...lol. 
It is a good analogy. Blue Moon is owned by Miller/Coors. Its not really a craft beer, its the big companies trying to get their cut of the craft drinkers. Shocktop is the same.

That's exactly right, I worked for corporate ABInbev for over 2 years, the corporation that owns Bud in US and many, many other breweries around the world, they were the biggest in the world, I think they still are. All those big corporations are fallowing the trend and know that people are know in to the "crafted" and smaller breweries, so they just go around and buying them to get that market. 

Back to shaq attacks creasing on the toe. I had the shaq attack 1s in both white and black when I was in high school and they creased funky and uneven. One shoe kept its shape and the other kind of collapsed in the toe. Didnt even crease across the whole toe. Both colorways did it but the white ones showed it more, It was the first shoe that made me notice or care about creasing.

I still couldnt pass up buying the Packer FOP shoes though. So many memories with the original shoe. First pair my mom would spend a bit more on and it was my first year in HS so I didnt want to start with some weak shoes. Also being in warrior colors I just had to get them. They feel like the quality is a lot better than the originals. For $70 it was a no brainer.

My best friend had the original White pair in the high school and he was the only one, it was so expensive for back in the day, I thought I will never be able to buy it. It was and still is one of the worst creasing shoes ever created, especially compared to how perfect they look on the display. 

Back to shaq attacks creasing on the toe. I had the shaq attack 1s in both white and black when I was in high school and they creased funky and uneven. One shoe kept its shape and the other kind of collapsed in the toe. Didnt even crease across the whole toe. Both colorways did it but the white ones showed it more, It was the first shoe that made me notice or care about creasing.

I still couldnt pass up buying the Packer FOP shoes though. So many memories with the original shoe. First pair my mom would spend a bit more on and it was my first year in HS so I didnt want to start with some weak shoes. Also being in warrior colors I just had to get them. They feel like the quality is a lot better than the originals. For $70 it was a no brainer.
$70 for those is a good deal. How's the suede holding up for you? any creasing like the leather ones?

My best friend had the original White pair in the high school and he was the only one, it was so expensive for back in the day, I thought I will never be able to buy it. It was and still is one of the worst creasing shoes ever created, especially compared to how perfect they look on the display. 
I was young when they came out and only remember seeing like 2 kids with them on but I wanted them so bad. Where they limited back then? What was the original price? 

They crease just as much as the Workout mids. I guess that helps in their comfort. The toes can flex and breathe
I don't know how they breathe for you, they have no ventilation for me. I remember first wearing mines during this past winter and my feet sweating..smh. Still love the shoe though, I love the design. I hope Reebok make more Shaq 1's

I was young when they came out and only remember seeing like 2 kids with them on but I wanted them so bad. Where they limited back then? What was the original price? 
Nothing was limited back in them days bro lol. I don't recall the original price but I'm going to guess around the $125 mark. Jordan's were that price and I believe my neon Twilight Zone's were around the same.

$70 for those is a good deal. How's the suede holding up for you? any creasing like the leather ones?
Honestly I havent even stuck my foot in them yet. I want to get some other insoles so I dont mess up the ones they came with. I dont plan on wearing them a whole lot because I have a few shoes with those colors and they have some sentimental value. I hope they hold up better. Im sure there are others that have put wear on them that might be able to provide some photos. Its a good question and Im curious too. That smooth toe doesnt hide much. I know it will happen just hope its not just one shoe that does it. The fact I had one shoe fairly clean and the other with uneven creasing bothered me. Since I have a more shoes to wear I hope I can keep it from happening so fast.

Nothing was limited back in them days bro lol. I don't recall the original price but I'm going to guess around the $125 mark. Jordan's were that price and I believe my neon Twilight Zone's were around the same.
They were more than that. I want to say 150-185 dollars. They werent hard to get, plenty of pairs. I wish it was still like that.

Back
Top Bottom