@@@ REEBOK @@@ SHAQ ATTACKS @@@

They were more than that. I want to say 150-185 dollars. They werent hard to get, plenty of pairs. I wish it was still like that.
Yeah I wasn't positive, but I figured 125 was a good starting point. Probably one of the reasons not many had them, just like the OG pumps...they were just expensive.

$70 for those is a good deal. How's the suede holding up for you? any creasing like the leather ones?
Suede/Nubuck never creases, that's why most of the kicks I bought when I was a kid were based on those materials, when you have only one pair per year if you are lucky, you buy the ones that stay fresh the longest.
 I was young when they came out and only remember seeing like 2 kids with them on but I wanted them so bad. Where they limited back then? What was the original price? 
No limited at all, they were everywhere and cats were buying them even an years after the release, I bet Reebok sold millions of them worldwide, Shaq was the man back than.
 Nothing was limited back in them days bro lol. I don't recall the original price but I'm going to guess around the $125 mark. Jordan's were that price and I believe my neon Twilight Zone's were around the same.
You are right the Attaq l price was $125, but interesting enough the Twilight Zone was $130.
 Honestly I havent even stuck my foot in them yet. I want to get some other insoles so I dont mess up the ones they came with.
Whats wrong with the insoles? Those Reebok thick performance insoles, Nike dont even make this kinda of insoles. 

Last edited:
Nothing is wrong with them. they are printed and I dont want to wear off the print. not for resale reasons. Ive just worn off a few sweet insoles. I will wear them more knowing that Im not taking away from the details of the concept.

Nothing is wrong with them. they are printed and I dont want to wear off the print. not for resale reasons. Ive just worn off a few sweet insoles. I will wear them more knowing that Im not taking away from the details of the concept.

I know a few guys who take a piece of the clear packing tape and just lay it over whatever printed logos are on the insoles. Seems to work well. I have never done this, but I haven't seen a damaged logo with tape yet.

Thats fine on heel logos but the FOPs have it the length of the insole. Id rather buy a pair and use them in other pairs if needed.

Its actually not a bad design and looks like something that would have released in the 90's wish it was full hexalite though

might cop if it will get discounted till around the 50-60 euro
happy.gif

Last edited:

Shaq Attacked is now in EU stores, looking at the leather quality - not bad at all.
They release these but not the 2's and 3's?? smh. I never was really into "fusion" shoes but these are ok. Would mainly use them for basketball. Not my style for casual wear.

I would prefer to get a ll and lll retro, but for now we are not getting them and probably never will. The lll was the most expensive to produce, so this one is highly unlikely to release. 

I would prefer to get a ll and lll retro, but for now we are not getting them and probably never will. The lll was the most expensive to produce, so this one is highly unlikely to release. 
More than 4?  Now that i think of, i suppose there's the full support plate and the inflatable unit as well, but would the extra cost really be that much?

I don't know what demand would be like for the 2 or 3... between 1 and 4 i guess i'm happy enough.  

The lV has only Hexalite and Pump, the lll  has all the 3 technologies at the time, Pump - Graphlite - Hexalite. The Graphlite and the Pump are the most expensive ones. 

Last edited:

The lV has only Hexalite and Pump, the lll  has all the 3 technologies at the time, Pump - Graphlite - Hexalite. The Graphlite and the Pump are the most expensive ones. 
The first Shaq Attaq's had 2 of the tech's. Pump and Graphite, the hexalite seems like it would be the cheaper tech of the 2. Being the retail of the first shaq's were $140 I believe it shouldn't be that much more to make the SA 2's and 3's. If Reebok does release these models I see them making a more limited run because I feel like the only people looking forward to those releasing again are the generation of people that even remembers when those shoes came out.

I feel like if anything, most people remember the Shaq 1's and 4's the most and that's probably why they were released that way, leaving out 2 and 3. Those retro's didn't really fly off the shelves, even the original orlando colorway of the 4's are still sitting around. Finishline still has a full size run priced at $50.  Super slept on shoe imo. Outside of the White orlando colorway, It took the Shaq Attaq 1's to get marked down a lot for them to be sold out and even that took some time to do. I don't think Reebok wants to go through that again with releasing SA 2 and 3's again but we can hope and wish right? I feel like that would be more of reason than the cost of producing the shoe again but I hear what you're saying. I personally want the 3's to come back out, I was never a real fan of the 2's. Only want them to come out to complete my Shaq set. The 2's imo was a horrible release coming after the first Shaq's. Like how do you come out with that amazing silhouette and then follow up with the 2's?? 

So here is some more clarifications on the models history. The first Attaq was the first Reebok basketball shoe to feature Graphlite, it was a brand new technology for Reebok so naturally they wanted to implement it in the shoe for a player that was number one on their contract. The original Attaq released for $125 (the retro was $160) which was a lot of money for the time only Jordan's were that expensive and some Command Forces. With next one Reebok wanted to make a cheaper shoe, because they were hoping for bigger sales margins thats why the original Attaq ll was $100. Seeing the poor reception of the Attaq ll and the arrival of the Insta Pump technology, Reebok went ahead and created a top performer with all the available tech that they had at the time and the Attaq lll was $130. 

The Attaq lll being the most expensive of the 3 IMO is very highly unlikely to retro any time soon, unless something dramatically changes at Reebok and their management. 

So here is some more clarifications on the models history. The first Attaq was the first Reebok basketball shoe to feature Graphlite, it was a brand new technology for Reebok so naturally they wanted to implement it in the shoe for a player that was number one on their contract. The original Attaq released for $125 (the retro was $160) which was a lot of money for the time only Jordan's were that expensive and some Command Forces. With next one Reebok wanted to make a cheaper shoe, because they were hoping for bigger sales margins thats why the original Attaq ll was $100. Seeing the poor reception of the Attaq ll and the arrival of the Insta Pump technology, Reebok went ahead and created a top performer with all the available tech that they had at the time and the Attaq lll was $130. 

The Attaq lll being the most expensive of the 3 IMO is very highly unlikely to retro any time soon, unless something dramatically changes at Reebok and their management. 
I got you, good info. Thanks

^^^
I dunno trent, in some pictures it looks like the plastic crap they run on Nike AF1 and similar retros. You really have to hold and inspect these shoes in your hand before you make any decisions.

First and second picture from the bottom you can really see how thick the leather is and the grain in it, I thin this colorway is done right. 

If they have used good materials then it's a damn shame they did so on a hybrid shoe vs. the Shaq Attaq IV.

Back
Top Bottom