Red Sox and Padres agree to deal involving Adrian Gonzalez....

Yeah, definitely worth it. Besides the fact that he's in the middle of his prime, he'd be an MVP candidate if he played anywhere but cavernous Petco Park. .980 OPS and 20 HRs in about 300 ABs on the road last season. Him at at Fenway Park =
sick.gif

Phenomenal move by the Boston brass.
Potential lineup next season:

Ellsbury

Pedroia

A-Gon

Youk

Ortiz

Werth/Crawford

Drew

Scutaro

Salty

Wow.

Yeah, definitely worth it. Besides the fact that he's in the middle of his prime, he'd be an MVP candidate if he played anywhere but cavernous Petco Park. .980 OPS and 20 HRs in about 300 ABs on the road last season. Him at at Fenway Park =
sick.gif

Phenomenal move by the Boston brass.
Potential lineup next season:

Ellsbury

Pedroia

A-Gon

Youk

Ortiz

Werth/Crawford

Drew

Scutaro

Salty

Wow.

Essentially replacing Beltre and V - Mart with A - Gon seems like a wash imo especially when you lose Beltre's glove at the hot corner

Essentially replacing Beltre and V - Mart with A - Gon seems like a wash imo especially when you lose Beltre's glove at the hot corner

i'm a giants fan so news of this trade makes me happy but pads fans just gotta be shaking their heads on this deal. granted these are supposed to be 3 of boston's top prospects. but right now, all they are is just prospects.

the pads will be fortunate if just one of these players pans out to be a decent player for them.

i'm a giants fan so news of this trade makes me happy but pads fans just gotta be shaking their heads on this deal. granted these are supposed to be 3 of boston's top prospects. but right now, all they are is just prospects.

the pads will be fortunate if just one of these players pans out to be a decent player for them.

Originally Posted by jonwin

Wrong. The deal was as fair as they could have possibly gotten. With SF, LAD, and the Rockies in the division they knew their chances of contending were slim, and dealt Gonzalez in order to get max value, given that they couldn't possibly have retained him after the season. Casey Kelly and Rizzo are two top flight prospects and both should be in the majors by 2012. Kelly in particular is one of the best pitching prospects in baseball, three plus pitches and phenomenal command. Should head their rotation down the line along with Latos.

Originally Posted by jonwin

Wrong. The deal was as fair as they could have possibly gotten. With SF, LAD, and the Rockies in the division they knew their chances of contending were slim, and dealt Gonzalez in order to get max value, given that they couldn't possibly have retained him after the season. Casey Kelly and Rizzo are two top flight prospects and both should be in the majors by 2012. Kelly in particular is one of the best pitching prospects in baseball, three plus pitches and phenomenal command. Should head their rotation down the line along with Latos.

As a Giants fan, I'm happy about the trade...for the time being. I just have a weird feeling that these prospects are going to work out and be a problem down the line.

As a Giants fan, I'm happy about the trade...for the time being. I just have a weird feeling that these prospects are going to work out and be a problem down the line.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

As a Giants Dodgers fan, I'm happy about the trade...for the time being. I just have a weird feeling that these prospects are going to work out and be a problem down the line.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

As a Giants Dodgers fan, I'm happy about the trade...for the time being. I just have a weird feeling that these prospects are going to work out and be a problem down the line.

As a Giants fan im happy about him leaving the NL West, but he was one of my fav players, and i DONT like the Red Sawks
frown.gif

As a Giants fan im happy about him leaving the NL West, but he was one of my fav players, and i DONT like the Red Sawks
frown.gif

Jon Heyman of SI is saying sources saying the deal has fallen thorough and could not reach a deal with A-GON

Jon Heyman of SI is saying sources saying the deal has fallen thorough and could not reach a deal with A-GON

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

laugh.gif
oh well, Adrian isn't sweating it i'm sure. One more season to up that value to that Tex money he's seeking now, and prove his body is healthy

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

laugh.gif
oh well, Adrian isn't sweating it i'm sure. One more season to up that value to that Tex money he's seeking now, and prove his body is healthy

[h1]Red Sox's deal for Gonzalez falls through[/h1]
By Jon Heyman, SI.com

The
Red Sox were unable to complete a deal for Padres first baseman Adrian Gonzalez, SI.com has learned.

The Padres and Red Sox had previously reached an agreement on a trade that would have sent the All-Star to Boston for four minor league prospects. The Red Sox had a deadline until 2.p.m. ET today to sign Gonzlaez to a contract extension.

Gonzalez, who has one year to go on his contract with San Diego for about $6 million, is seeking a contract similiar to the one Mark Teixeira received with the Yankees after the 2008 season, $180 million over eight years. Phillies first baseman Ryan Howard, another comparable player, recently signed a five-year, $125 million contract.

The Red Sox and Padres had been discussing Gonzalez for more than a year. The Padres' front office is very familiar with Boston's prospects, as GM Jed Hoyer, assistant GM Jason McLeod and new top executive Josh Byrnes all once worked for Boston.

Gonzalez, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2000 draft, has spent the past five years in San Diego, his hometown, and in the past four seasons has had at least 30 home runs and 99 RBIs.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...alez.redsox.deal.off/index.html#ixzz17Gl5phc3

Back
Top Bottom