Red Sox and Padres agree to deal involving Adrian Gonzalez....

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 Finally making moves. Hope we get Crawford next 

Originally Posted by Proshares

But great move for Boston. If the pen settles down and Lackey/Beckett go back to decent form...scary team.
gonna be huge for us. NEED them to get +##! under control. last year was pathetic

Originally Posted by Proshares

But great move for Boston. If the pen settles down and Lackey/Beckett go back to decent form...scary team.
gonna be huge for us. NEED them to get +##! under control. last year was pathetic

A-Gon to Boston is a great move for them, but that means Youk to 3rd and bye bye Beltre, who was your best player last year. V-Mart is gone too...

What I don't get is Beltre said he wanted to stay with the Sox, he was amazing with the monster last year and the Sox seemingly don't care. Beltre in Oakland might not be a good fit, it's a huuuge ball park, Beltre is a pull hitter that's why the monster was so good for him, I think his #'s take a huge hit in Oakland.

A-Gon to Boston is a great move for them, but that means Youk to 3rd and bye bye Beltre, who was your best player last year. V-Mart is gone too...

What I don't get is Beltre said he wanted to stay with the Sox, he was amazing with the monster last year and the Sox seemingly don't care. Beltre in Oakland might not be a good fit, it's a huuuge ball park, Beltre is a pull hitter that's why the monster was so good for him, I think his #'s take a huge hit in Oakland.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

i think general consensus in boston was picking between beltre and vic, take vic. it was a pretty much forgone conclusion that we couldn't keep both. like you said, theyre both gone now. but if you can replace those two with a younger gonzo and werth/crawford...im all for it.

i dont trust beltre in a non contract year anyway...i was OK with him gone. i did want to keep vic around tho.

i think general consensus in boston was picking between beltre and vic, take vic. it was a pretty much forgone conclusion that we couldn't keep both. like you said, theyre both gone now. but if you can replace those two with a younger gonzo and werth/crawford...im all for it.

i dont trust beltre in a non contract year anyway...i was OK with him gone. i did want to keep vic around tho.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

That's the other thing, Beltre in the non contract year, how does he fair when there isn't much on the line. The other solution would be to get rid of Papi, split time at DH and 1st with Gonzo and Youk and then leave Beltre at 3rd, but that's unlikely although it might be time to cut ties with Papi.

I don't see the Sox getting Crawford, maybe Werth.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

That's the other thing, Beltre in the non contract year, how does he fair when there isn't much on the line. The other solution would be to get rid of Papi, split time at DH and 1st with Gonzo and Youk and then leave Beltre at 3rd, but that's unlikely although it might be time to cut ties with Papi.

I don't see the Sox getting Crawford, maybe Werth.

I have no problem at all with Beltre leaving. He was a nice surprise but I don't trust him one bit.

I have no problem at all with Beltre leaving. He was a nice surprise but I don't trust him one bit.

Padres been known for doing this. Send them to another city and give Petco Park to a team that deserves it like Chargers.

Padres been known for doing this. Send them to another city and give Petco Park to a team that deserves it like Chargers.

Looks like Boston is the team to root for instead of the damn cheap %!# hometown team. Read that Beltre might not be coming back since they'll be sliding Youk at 3rd anyways...

Good luck Adrian

Looks like Boston is the team to root for instead of the damn cheap %!# hometown team. Read that Beltre might not be coming back since they'll be sliding Youk at 3rd anyways...

Good luck Adrian

Originally Posted by ryansoxfan

Sox gave up their #1, #3, and #10 prospects for Gonzo. Hope it is worth it in the end.
gonzo is 28 and established...it's worth it. it wasnt for like some 33 year old has been. plus we draft well, so we'll restock the pool

Originally Posted by ryansoxfan

Sox gave up their #1, #3, and #10 prospects for Gonzo. Hope it is worth it in the end.
gonzo is 28 and established...it's worth it. it wasnt for like some 33 year old has been. plus we draft well, so we'll restock the pool

Back
Top Bottom