Red Sox and Padres agree to deal involving Adrian Gonzalez....

damn you padres for just giving him away just like that 
mad.gif

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

He was introduced today

here are some things he had to say

"my whole dream as a kid was to be in the major leagues and be a Padre, my 2nd was to be a Red Sox"

"ready to beat the Yanks"

I'm also reading that the extension for Gonzalez will be 7 years $154 mil.
frown.gif
, sad day to be a mexican padre fan, im not sure ill be attending any padre games next season, so sad to see my favorite player leave, even tough i do support the red sox (i hate the yankees), it still breaks my heart....

He was introduced today

here are some things he had to say

"my whole dream as a kid was to be in the major leagues and be a Padre, my 2nd was to be a Red Sox"

"ready to beat the Yanks"

I'm also reading that the extension for Gonzalez will be 7 years $154 mil.
frown.gif
, sad day to be a mexican padre fan, im not sure ill be attending any padre games next season, so sad to see my favorite player leave, even tough i do support the red sox (i hate the yankees), it still breaks my heart....

you wanna know why i hate the fans in my city? because of every @##$!*@ comment my fellow Pads fans are making in here.

GAVE HIM AWAY? TERRIBLE DEAL?

We got THREE of the Sox top 6 prospects, including a guy who has ace potential and is expected to head the rotation with Latos in a couple years. Rizzo put up Ryan Braun minor league numbers, and is only 20, and Fuentes has TONSSS of potential as a 19 year old who may be in the outfield for a while with Maybin, who i expect to have a breakthrough year.

Not many trades of this magnitude work out fairly for both teams, and this one looks like it off the bat...

you wanna know why i hate the fans in my city? because of every @##$!*@ comment my fellow Pads fans are making in here.

We got THREE of the Sox top 6 prospects, including a guy who has ace potential and is expected to head the rotation with Latos in a couple years. Rizzo put up Ryan Braun minor league numbers, and is only 20, and Fuentes has TONSSS of potential as a 19 year old who may be in the outfield for a while with Maybin, who i expect to have a breakthrough year.

Not many trades of this magnitude work out fairly for both teams, and this one looks like it off the bat...

I'm just mad because I'm an Angels fan and the Red Sox just own us, and now they got this big lefty bat in their lineup now 
laugh.gif

Anyway, this kinda reminds me when the Pads traded Gary Sheffield.  I think you guys got Trevor Hoffman in return too.  

I'm just mad because I'm an Angels fan and the Red Sox just own us, and now they got this big lefty bat in their lineup now 
laugh.gif

Anyway, this kinda reminds me when the Pads traded Gary Sheffield.  I think you guys got Trevor Hoffman in return too.  

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

i dont think we gave him away, but im just sick of the front office, they refuse to spend any money, and all they do is grow home talent then sell it/trade it away, we all knew that he wasnt gonna stay, it just makes me sad...

i dont think we gave him away, but im just sick of the front office, they refuse to spend any money, and all they do is grow home talent then sell it/trade it away, we all knew that he wasnt gonna stay, it just makes me sad...

It's gonna be awhile before we spend any real $$$, if we ever do...don't know when that day will come

What a waste of a great stadium..

It's gonna be awhile before we spend any real $$$, if we ever do...don't know when that day will come

What a waste of a great stadium..

Originally Posted by ballin 2k3

I think we, as Padres fans must display some confidence with Hoyer comin in.  I wanna see what this cat has in store for SD.  He has obviously been given a frame to work within so he is approaching it the best way he believes will make SD win in the long run.  Having 0 world championships will make any fan feel cheated or screwed if their main player leaves in a trade or worse yet, to free egency.  If SD had a couple of rings under their belt, we wouldnt be as angry about this deal compared to how it is right now.   Keep in mind this has nothing to do with the finances of the team or the motives.  Its the simple departure of a certain player who is pretty much the 'best" one we have.  Hoyer is just 1 year removed from the Bosox so he still has complete knowledge from an inside point of view of whats going on in Boston with all their players at all levels.

We here in SD have to understand that Jed Hoyer is doing whats best in his opinion for SD, given the rules set for him.  I for one is excited to see what the winter has in store for SD.  he wa a big part of it in boston getting over the top and im excited to know we have his here working with the same mideset going for the same goal. We have holes to fill all over the place and im sure Hoyer will make the deals to put a respectable team on the field that will do more than compete.

Its tough with zero rings, but we gotta be patient.

Originally Posted by ballin 2k3

I think we, as Padres fans must display some confidence with Hoyer comin in.  I wanna see what this cat has in store for SD.  He has obviously been given a frame to work within so he is approaching it the best way he believes will make SD win in the long run.  Having 0 world championships will make any fan feel cheated or screwed if their main player leaves in a trade or worse yet, to free egency.  If SD had a couple of rings under their belt, we wouldnt be as angry about this deal compared to how it is right now.   Keep in mind this has nothing to do with the finances of the team or the motives.  Its the simple departure of a certain player who is pretty much the 'best" one we have.  Hoyer is just 1 year removed from the Bosox so he still has complete knowledge from an inside point of view of whats going on in Boston with all their players at all levels.

We here in SD have to understand that Jed Hoyer is doing whats best in his opinion for SD, given the rules set for him.  I for one is excited to see what the winter has in store for SD.  he wa a big part of it in boston getting over the top and im excited to know we have his here working with the same mideset going for the same goal. We have holes to fill all over the place and im sure Hoyer will make the deals to put a respectable team on the field that will do more than compete.

Its tough with zero rings, but we gotta be patient.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Jon Heyman of SI is saying sources saying the deal has fallen thorough and could not reach a deal with A-GON

laugh.gif
oh well, Adrian isn't sweating it i'm sure. One more season to up that value to that Tex money he's seeking now, and prove his body is healthy
laugh.gif
 he'll just sign with them as a free agent.
or the way the Natinals are offering people money nowadays, he might get $200 million from them in the offseason
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Jon Heyman of SI is saying sources saying the deal has fallen thorough and could not reach a deal with A-GON

laugh.gif
oh well, Adrian isn't sweating it i'm sure. One more season to up that value to that Tex money he's seeking now, and prove his body is healthy
laugh.gif
 he'll just sign with them as a free agent.
or the way the Natinals are offering people money nowadays, he might get $200 million from them in the offseason
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom