real talk: chances of living? no clowning!

a family member is in the hospital.
his liver has shut down and one kidney gone.
doc gave him 48 hrs to fight.

how would you live without a liver?
they still have the other kidney right?

any medical NTers please respond with any knowledge.
any NTers please respond with personal or family, friends, etc.,
stories as well.

unfortunately it doesn't look good for your family member. the liver is responsible for essential metabolism, produces coagulation factors, and breaks downand metabolizes toxic substances and drugs. it is practically impossible to live without a liver. a liver transplant would help, but at this point itdoesn't seem possible. my prayers are with you and your family.

Originally Posted by CertifiedFlyBoi23

anything is possible with god in your life

Preach
pimp.gif

he was a long time H user.
doc said no liver transplant.
and
no dialysis.
because of past.

Originally Posted by MR BOLO

he was a long time H user.
doc said no liver transplant.
and
no dialysis.
because of past.

history of H abuse would immediately take a patient out of consideration for any transplant, it's really a shame. do you know what treatments theirgiving him, such as meds, or are they just letting him slip away
smh.gif

I don't think its looking good, drugs will wreck your body and dialysis is an option that most people turn to when things start going from bad to worse.Ima pray for you guys, God Bless. (Lets not forget that medical miracles do occur though.)

i think just i.v. maybe pain meds.
i'm in az.
he's in califas.
flying or driving early tomorrow, to hopefully catch some time.

treatment is probably directed to help him be as comfortable as possible. i hope you get there safe to see him. God is with him now.

I mean, good luck and everything, but guys seriously, stop the nonsense.

A miracle can happen? Riiight. Find me someone who is alive with no liver.

Yo..sorry to hear that
My prayers are with you...I know what its like losing a cousin (only death in my family I remember, messed me up real bad)

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

I mean, good luck and everything, but guys seriously, stop the nonsense.

A miracle can happen? Riiight. Find me someone who is alive with no liver.

i understand what you're saying, but your liver is one of the most important organs in the body. it is impossible to live without a liver. now idon't mean to sound insensitive, but in a medical standpoint i don't see a lot of miracles in the hospital. i see patients come and go and we have toaccept that it's their time. my prayers are with his family. seeing as transplant and dialysis are not options, i hope the medical team can give his cousina little bit more time.

Back
Top Bottom