Real Question about Black, White, Asian, and Hispanic money::: Flame-suit on:::

I'm latino and I've noticed that are there is quite a difference between "US Born Latinos" and "Immigrants/Naturalized Latinos". I've noticed that a majority of latinos who were not born here have the mentality to "save money" and/or invest it (buying a house/ buy land back home/create a business/feed the savings account/etc). On the other hand, I've noticed that latinos born here do not care as much as saving money as those who grew up in other countries.

As far as saving money among other races, I think AGE is a deciding factor in all races. The majority of young dudes (20-mid 20's) are more interested in their image/status (having a nice apt, nice car, clothes, etc) - this affects all races. At the same time, folks in their 30's and up are more careful about their money no matter what their race is.

I'm latino and I've noticed that are there is quite a difference between "US Born Latinos" and "Immigrants/Naturalized Latinos". I've noticed that a majority of latinos who were not born here have the mentality to "save money" and/or invest it (buying a house/ buy land back home/create a business/feed the savings account/etc). On the other hand, I've noticed that latinos born here do not care as much as saving money as those who grew up in other countries.

As far as saving money among other races, I think AGE is a deciding factor in all races. The majority of young dudes (20-mid 20's) are more interested in their image/status (having a nice apt, nice car, clothes, etc) - this affects all races. At the same time, folks in their 30's and up are more careful about their money no matter what their race is.

Originally Posted by scshift

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

People with real money and wealth don't flaunt it. One of my best friends is the son of a very wealthy neurosurgeon and he dresses like vagabond and drives a 2000 Ford
sick.gif
Right here.

There are some exceptions, but for the most part, dude's who push the flyest cars and rock the nicest clothes are lacking in the funds department and are blowing out all their cash trying to look like they're stacked.

Not true.
Wealthy folks do flaunt their money but in a different way.  What's a 20MM penthouse or a 50MM yacht if not flaunting? For the non billionaires they have their exotic cars, club memberships, and high end watches. 

People with real money and wealth don't flaunt it. One of my best friends is the son of a very wealthy neurosurgeon and he dresses like vagabond and drives a 2000 Ford
sick.gif
Right here.

There are some exceptions, but for the most part, dude's who push the flyest cars and rock the nicest clothes are lacking in the funds department and are blowing out all their cash trying to look like they're stacked.

Not true.
Wealthy folks do flaunt their money but in a different way.  What's a 20MM penthouse or a 50MM yacht if not flaunting? For the non billionaires they have their exotic cars, club memberships, and high end watches. 

Originally Posted by LilJRDN

I agree. I know a ton of immigrants (Portugese, Mexican, Russian, Ukranian, Italian, Turkish, etc.) and I will say Immigrants have a very strong work ethic. Most will shovel +%!% if they have too for as long as it takes, saving every penny. They will then take all that hard earned money and establish there own business.

However, many of these same people I know also will **** someone over on money whenever a chance. While I respect their hard work and hustle, I don't respect how they will do anything to make a dollar including losing friends, doing illegal things, etc. Not saying all do this, but I have noticed a good amount who have.

I also agree with age. I've worked since I was 13/14 and I used to save money but I would also spend foolishly on clothes, etc. I still like nice things, actually my taste has grown, I actually like more expensive things now, but I also know I have to save money so one day I can afford a house, save for my kids college, etc.

I'm still young so I have time, but most kids I know my age (early 20's and even mid 20's) blow their money on cars (making 500 dollar payments is not what's up, even if your ride is sick), at the bar, vacations, etc.

I agree. I know a ton of immigrants (Portugese, Mexican, Russian, Ukranian, Italian, Turkish, etc.) and I will say Immigrants have a very strong work ethic. Most will shovel +%!% if they have too for as long as it takes, saving every penny. They will then take all that hard earned money and establish there own business.

However, many of these same people I know also will **** someone over on money whenever a chance. While I respect their hard work and hustle, I don't respect how they will do anything to make a dollar including losing friends, doing illegal things, etc. Not saying all do this, but I have noticed a good amount who have.

I also agree with age. I've worked since I was 13/14 and I used to save money but I would also spend foolishly on clothes, etc. I still like nice things, actually my taste has grown, I actually like more expensive things now, but I also know I have to save money so one day I can afford a house, save for my kids college, etc.

I'm still young so I have time, but most kids I know my age (early 20's and even mid 20's) blow their money on cars (making 500 dollar payments is not what's up, even if your ride is sick), at the bar, vacations, etc.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

sick.gif
Right here.

Not true.
People who have 20MM penthouses and 50 million dollar yachts do have money. If they didn't then they obviously wouldn't have those things. However that's what is called "new money."

If you know truly WEALTHY people, I mean WASPY, old money, trust fund been handed down money, etc., most of those people are drivin' around in 1993 Saabs and Volvo's with 200,000 miles on it and wearing beat up loafers.

If you look in just about every metro area in the United States I'm sure you will find suburbs that are deemed "new money" v. "old money." Old Money 'burbs where the real wealthy tend to live are usually mature suburbs, lots of trees, sidewalks, traditional town centers, etc. "new money" towns, while still having money, are more of the McMansion type.

It's basically a flashy v. non-flash type of thing. Some flaunt others don't. People who've been around money for a long time don't need to flaunt. People who haven't tend to flaunt.

Either way you still got money. If you wanna flaunt, by all means, flaunt.
smokin.gif

sick.gif
Right here.

Not true.
People who have 20MM penthouses and 50 million dollar yachts do have money. If they didn't then they obviously wouldn't have those things. However that's what is called "new money."

If you know truly WEALTHY people, I mean WASPY, old money, trust fund been handed down money, etc., most of those people are drivin' around in 1993 Saabs and Volvo's with 200,000 miles on it and wearing beat up loafers.

If you look in just about every metro area in the United States I'm sure you will find suburbs that are deemed "new money" v. "old money." Old Money 'burbs where the real wealthy tend to live are usually mature suburbs, lots of trees, sidewalks, traditional town centers, etc. "new money" towns, while still having money, are more of the McMansion type.

It's basically a flashy v. non-flash type of thing. Some flaunt others don't. People who've been around money for a long time don't need to flaunt. People who haven't tend to flaunt.

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by PoloLax

Right here.

Not true.

smokin.gif

Hate that style of housing...it's disgusting.

Right here.

Not true.

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Nyota de la star

Not true.

smokin.gif

I agree. So gaudy.

Originally Posted by Nyota de la star

Not true.

smokin.gif

I agree. So gaudy.

Originally Posted by likethematrix

every race does their own stupid things with money.

the world only focus' on blacks is cause, to their dismay, we are the most visible.

mexicans spend theirs on ostridge (sp?) everything, gold, and cars.
blacks spend on Name brand clothing, gold, cars
whites spend on watches , gold, cars
Filipinos.... most on gold. my grandma had bout 4389034 trillion in small gold necklaces.

at the end of the day... everyone spends their money on dumb +!++.

but if it makes you happy who gives a #!%+.

I'd rather have a million and go broke having a good time, than dying with a million dollars in the bank and no memories.

thats why i feel that you and others focus so hard on blacks spending money.

*+!*%! havin too much fun. and we shoooooo cant not neva be havin that boss.
gold is money. so thats not dumb

Originally Posted by likethematrix

every race does their own stupid things with money.

the world only focus' on blacks is cause, to their dismay, we are the most visible.

mexicans spend theirs on ostridge (sp?) everything, gold, and cars.
blacks spend on Name brand clothing, gold, cars
whites spend on watches , gold, cars
Filipinos.... most on gold. my grandma had bout 4389034 trillion in small gold necklaces.

at the end of the day... everyone spends their money on dumb +!++.

but if it makes you happy who gives a #!%+.

I'd rather have a million and go broke having a good time, than dying with a million dollars in the bank and no memories.

thats why i feel that you and others focus so hard on blacks spending money.

*+!*%! havin too much fun. and we shoooooo cant not neva be havin that boss.
gold is money. so thats not dumb

Originally Posted by Mr Anleu

I don't know about other Hispanics, but it has been my experience that when your family has attained even a little bit of success the entire Hispanic community expect you to put them on. At my old job in property management, for example, Hispanics would expect me to help them find a place to live even if they didn't have a social security number.

When I wasn't able to they usually caught feelings and made it seem like it was because the white man has me by the balls. This was especially true because they saw that I was dressed well and working in an office setting as opposed to doing hard labor like many of the applicants I got. In other words, they expected more preferrential treatment because they viewed me as a man on the inside that owes them, or the Hispanic community in general, something.
I see what you are saying, but this isn't exclusive to the Hispanic community. Black folk do it too
30t6p3b.gif
. But to a certain extent every race/ethnic group is like this. When you go into certain stores you may see only one type of race/group working there. It's cool to look out for your peeps, but hire the best qualified. It's an old practice though. Word to the NYFD.

Originally Posted by Mr Anleu

I don't know about other Hispanics, but it has been my experience that when your family has attained even a little bit of success the entire Hispanic community expect you to put them on. At my old job in property management, for example, Hispanics would expect me to help them find a place to live even if they didn't have a social security number.

When I wasn't able to they usually caught feelings and made it seem like it was because the white man has me by the balls. This was especially true because they saw that I was dressed well and working in an office setting as opposed to doing hard labor like many of the applicants I got. In other words, they expected more preferrential treatment because they viewed me as a man on the inside that owes them, or the Hispanic community in general, something.
I see what you are saying, but this isn't exclusive to the Hispanic community. Black folk do it too
30t6p3b.gif
. But to a certain extent every race/ethnic group is like this. When you go into certain stores you may see only one type of race/group working there. It's cool to look out for your peeps, but hire the best qualified. It's an old practice though. Word to the NYFD.

If that's not American thinking, I don't know what is....

If that's not American thinking, I don't know what is....

Right here.

Not true.

smokin.gif

before i get on you... do you think people with old money are better than people with new money?
now remember before you answer, that there are no ethnicities in the USA with old money.

please answer the ? though.

Right here.

Not true.

smokin.gif

before i get on you... do you think people with old money are better than people with new money?
now remember before you answer, that there are no ethnicities in the USA with old money.

please answer the ? though.

Originally Posted by Gumbo Jones

Originally Posted by solefood229

people just stunt differently thats all,

if you're a boss, you're gonna floss regardless, whether its some %$#+#%*@ rust jewelry you picked up at a hipster store or copping a 7 series beamer. 
everyone's gonna do it (and should) in their own way.  

whats the money for if i still look like an average joe? 

See that's the problem that poor people have... they are obsessed over looking wealthy 
Having money is not just about buying expensive clothes or cars it about gaining freedom and more options 

and to answer OP's question everybody stunts in different ways but most people tend to calm down when they get older because you get more responsibles and they start to understand what I stated above.

Originally Posted by Gumbo Jones

Originally Posted by solefood229

people just stunt differently thats all,

if you're a boss, you're gonna floss regardless, whether its some %$#+#%*@ rust jewelry you picked up at a hipster store or copping a 7 series beamer. 
everyone's gonna do it (and should) in their own way.  

whats the money for if i still look like an average joe? 

See that's the problem that poor people have... they are obsessed over looking wealthy 
Having money is not just about buying expensive clothes or cars it about gaining freedom and more options 

and to answer OP's question everybody stunts in different ways but most people tend to calm down when they get older because you get more responsibles and they start to understand what I stated above.

I don't like breaking it down by race. But with race comes culture and expectations. I'm Korean so when I speak to my parents it revolves 75% on money, stressful work was to get that money, and how I doing healthwise. It's like a meeting with an accountant. Straight business, I'm being honest.

Other families might ask how your day was going, fresh stuff they copped, good food they ate, places they went to. Naw, not my parents.

The silver bullet is probably setting up a budget every week and stick to that. Have fun within budget.

I don't like breaking it down by race. But with race comes culture and expectations. I'm Korean so when I speak to my parents it revolves 75% on money, stressful work was to get that money, and how I doing healthwise. It's like a meeting with an accountant. Straight business, I'm being honest.

Other families might ask how your day was going, fresh stuff they copped, good food they ate, places they went to. Naw, not my parents.

The silver bullet is probably setting up a budget every week and stick to that. Have fun within budget.

Back
Top Bottom