Real Question about Black, White, Asian, and Hispanic money::: Flame-suit on:::

aight... i know i might get flamed for this, but i gotta ask... let me start by saying 1. i'm black and 2. this DOES NOT apply to everyone.

we all know that in the black culture, money is flashed... we look from rappers to athletes, to even a local Kinko's asst manager, that will throw some nonsense rims on the car or cop a chain.

some chicks will fool with a fam just cuz his whip game, or his polos on deck... I know yall gonna say young, hoodrats... but this mind these young hoodrats are getting up in age w/ that same mentality.

black people tend to wear their money on the outside, with no knowledge off money in the savings account or put up for when they're unable (why so many ex athletes go broke).... nothing goes into some sort of money that will continue to grow. its part of the hip hop generation. deny it all you want, but it is what it is...

i just want to know in other cultures, how are people with money presented to the public? asians, hispanics, so on and so forth...

how are your upper-middle classes and upper classes presented to the public? how are they seen in the community's eyes?

for instance... in the black community, if you're in those classes and you didnt obtain it illegally, or on some superstar stuff, you are somewhat looked down upon for being bougie (jalen rose/grant hill thing)

i know this post might seem very ignorant, and i will understand the flame. i hope i'm explaining what i'm trying to say thoroughly enough without people thinking i'm not aware of the world around me...

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

aight... i know i might get flamed for this, but i gotta ask... let me start by saying 1. i'm black and 2. this DOES NOT apply to everyone.

we all know that in the black culture, money is flashed... we look from rappers to athletes, to even a local Kinko's asst manager, that will throw some nonsense rims on the car or cop a chain.

some chicks will fool with a fam just cuz his whip game, or his polos on deck... I know yall gonna say young, hoodrats... but this mind these young hoodrats are getting up in age w/ that same mentality.

black people tend to wear their money on the outside, with no knowledge off money in the savings account or put up for when they're unable (why so many ex athletes go broke).... nothing goes into some sort of money that will continue to grow. its part of the hip hop generation. deny it all you want, but it is what it is...

i just want to know in other cultures, how are people with money presented to the public? asians, hispanics, so on and so forth...

how are your upper-middle classes and upper classes presented to the public? how are they seen in the community's eyes?

for instance... in the black community, if you're in those classes and you didnt obtain it illegally, or on some superstar stuff, you are somewhat looked down upon for being bougie (jalen rose/grant hill thing)

i know this post might seem very ignorant, and i will understand the flame. i hope i'm explaining what i'm trying to say thoroughly enough without people thinking i'm not aware of the world around me...

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I don't think it is a dumb question. As a black man, we do see black people in the media as being super flashy. Also growing up in the city, you see people living well above their means. Maybe it is a device used to keep us spending above our means. It being showing black figures with almost costume like attires whenever they are on the screen.

But I am interested in hearing answers.

I don't think it is a dumb question. As a black man, we do see black people in the media as being super flashy. Also growing up in the city, you see people living well above their means. Maybe it is a device used to keep us spending above our means. It being showing black figures with almost costume like attires whenever they are on the screen.

But I am interested in hearing answers.

People with real money and wealth don't flaunt it. One of my best friends is the son of a very wealthy neurosurgeon and he dresses like vagabond and drives a 2000 Ford
sick.gif

People with real money and wealth don't flaunt it. One of my best friends is the son of a very wealthy neurosurgeon and he dresses like vagabond and drives a 2000 Ford
sick.gif

Filipinos tend to do the same..  alot of us grew up with the mindset of living the "American Dream" albeit, a superfluous version of it.. even if it means faking the hell out of it (ie: serious debt) 

Filipinos tend to do the same..  alot of us grew up with the mindset of living the "American Dream" albeit, a superfluous version of it.. even if it means faking the hell out of it (ie: serious debt) 

Originally Posted by proper english

Filipinos tend to do the same..  alot of us grew up with the mindset of the "American Dream".. even if it means faking the hell out of it (ie: serious debt) 
What? No Filipinos I know are flashy. The flashiest we get is taking out the BMW to go to Filipino parties. 
laugh.gif

Most families I know are very conservative in terms of money. Always saving "just in case". And of course sending money back home. 

Filipinos tend to do the same..  alot of us grew up with the mindset of the "American Dream".. even if it means faking the hell out of it (ie: serious debt) 
What? No Filipinos I know are flashy. The flashiest we get is taking out the BMW to go to Filipino parties. 
laugh.gif

Most families I know are very conservative in terms of money. Always saving "just in case". And of course sending money back home. 

people just stunt differently thats all,

putting candy paint and big rims on a donk = buying a import swapping turbos or other mods with a set of volks

people just stunt differently thats all,

putting candy paint and big rims on a donk = buying a import swapping turbos or other mods with a set of volks

As a Hispanic in his early 20's, I think (at least for Hispanics) it has much more to do with age/generation. Everything you said kind of applies to us within a certain age range (younger people). However, it could be that the younger generation is simply more assimilated with the American culture...seeing as we lived most of our lives in the states when most of our parents grew up in a very different culture. With that said, my parents and older people that I know are typically of the save-first mentality. My parents rarely buy anything for themselves and prefer to spend discretionary income on my siblings and I. Having two kids in college probably doesn't help that either. Regardless, I get what you're saying OP.

As a Hispanic in his early 20's, I think (at least for Hispanics) it has much more to do with age/generation. Everything you said kind of applies to us within a certain age range (younger people). However, it could be that the younger generation is simply more assimilated with the American culture...seeing as we lived most of our lives in the states when most of our parents grew up in a very different culture. With that said, my parents and older people that I know are typically of the save-first mentality. My parents rarely buy anything for themselves and prefer to spend discretionary income on my siblings and I. Having two kids in college probably doesn't help that either. Regardless, I get what you're saying OP.

You're not so much approaching the topic of flaunting money as you are whether certain cultures are more responsible with their money.

On the topic on flaunting, all cultures are the same. Some individuals do and some don't. Simple as that.
When it comes to responsibility with money, there are definitely differences.

You're not so much approaching the topic of flaunting money as you are whether certain cultures are more responsible with their money.

On the topic on flaunting, all cultures are the same. Some individuals do and some don't. Simple as that.
When it comes to responsibility with money, there are definitely differences.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

laugh.gif

older generations are def this way..

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

laugh.gif

older generations are def this way..

Being mixed and growin up in mexico, I'd say there are quite a few mexicans who love flaunting their "money" . I mean, this doesn't just apply to black people man. Every race has that flaunting type of individual. Vanity is one helluva drug

Being mixed and growin up in mexico, I'd say there are quite a few mexicans who love flaunting their "money" . I mean, this doesn't just apply to black people man. Every race has that flaunting type of individual. Vanity is one helluva drug

I'd say some of the people OP are talkin about are more of the lowerclass people, showin their money in physical possessions is just a way of makin it seem like they are above what the really are. Just a way to cope wit reality

Back
Top Bottom