Real Deal College Football Discussion... no homers please

It means that it can be done. They went to a new years bowl in 94. If Cutcliffe is coach, they will go bowling by 2010.

USC just released it's schedule for next year:

Aug. 30 • at Virginia
Sept. 13 • Ohio State
Sept. 25 • at Oregon State
Oct. 4 • Oregon
Oct. 11 • Arizona State
Oct. 18 • at Washington State
Oct. 25 • at Arizona
Nov. 1 • Washington (Homecoming)
Nov. 8 • California
Nov. 15 • at Stanford
Nov. 29 • Notre Dame
Dec. 6 • at UCLA

Sept. 13 • Ohio State
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

It means that it can be done. They went to a new years bowl in 94. If Cutcliffe is coach, they will go bowling by 2010.
Put money on that!

Duke aint seeing no parts of any bowl game, not even pointsietta bowl.
they have NO talent and will get no talent.

94 was back when the acc was*!$! and it was FSU's 2nd yr in the league. once FSU came, the talent followed to the other teams and now that UM, BC & VaTech are there DUKE IS DONE FOREVER

Houston Cougars has hired Oklahoma Sooners co-offensive coordinator Kevin Sumlin. good pick up dude knows how to call a game. also he is black for those whowant more black coachs

Originally Posted by dEfCoNzErO

USC just released it's schedule for next year:

Aug. 30 • at Virginia
Sept. 13 • Ohio State
Sept. 25 • at Oregon State
Oct. 4 • Oregon
Oct. 11 • Arizona State
Oct. 18 • at Washington State
Oct. 25 • at Arizona
Nov. 1 • Washington (Homecoming)
Nov. 8 • California
Nov. 15 • at Stanford
Nov. 29 • Notre Dame
Dec. 6 • at UCLA

Going to love that home schedule next year:

Ohio State, Oregon, Arizona State, Washington, Cal, and Notre Dame all at home
eek.gif

Matt Barkley of Mater Dei High (Santa Ana, CA) wins Gatorade National Player of the Year. First Junior to win the award. Kid is a heavy SC lean
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Put money on that!

Duke aint seeing no parts of any bowl game, not even pointsietta bowl.
they have NO talent and will get no talent.

94 was back when the acc was*!$! and it was FSU's 2nd yr in the league. once FSU came, the talent followed to the other teams and now that UM, BC & Va Tech are there DUKE IS DONE FOREVER
Aight not 2010, by 2011. I'll do it. Why is Wake resurgent, but Duke has no possibility?? You don't think Duke won't be able to lure peoplethere. Duke and Wake are in the same boat. Both academic schools with small enrollments. Wake is not a powerhouse, yet they are going bowling. Why because ofthe coach. You can't even sit there and say Cutcliffe is a bad coach. Duke has players too and you know this. All it takes is a scheme and good coachingand you can equalize some of the talent gaps that they have right now.

David Cutcliffe, the offensive coordinator at the University of Tennessee seems to be the leader for the duke job

Louisville running back Anthony Allen will transfer

Coach Cut is denying reports that he's gotten an offer for the Duke job.

Duke interviewed Falcons' OC Hue Jackson for the job, too. Jackson was the OC at USC back in the late 90s before jumping into the NFL assistant ranks.

Well....

Looks like we are gonna have some suspensions for the bowl game and probably some games next year due to players on the teams engaging in 'academicfraud'....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

I wonder if any of them will bolt???

ESPN is reporting that Cut is taking the Duke job.

That UT offense will be taking it back to 2005 next year.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Well....

Looks like we are gonna have some suspensions for the bowl game and probably some games next year due to players on the teams engaging in 'academic fraud'....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

I wonder if any of them will bolt???

i read that most of the suspensions are going to be starters

gotta love FSU at this time of year

pimp.gif

Your acting like Cut was calling some Bill walsh type games this yr, He was garbage.
and btw, Randy Sanders is gon, so 2005 will never ever happen again.

Taylor for OC, Im starting the campaign on all Vols sites.

Mario Urrutia to enter the draft, dude got talent but plays lazy as hell

and then joepa saying this
Earlier this week, Florida State coach Bobby Bowden agreed to a succession plan that will allow offensive coordinator Jimbo Fisher to take his place once he retires.

But the man Bowden leads by two victories as the winningest coach in Division I-A history says he has yet to consider leaving the sidelines.

Penn State coach Joe Paterno, who turns 81 on Dec. 21 and is entering the final year of a four-year contract, says he still hasn't even considered stepping down as coach of the Nittany Lions, or given any thought to a succession plan similar to Bowden's, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

"When I start to get the feel, I'll sit down with the people and say, 'Hey, I think maybe we ought to start talking about, you know, my getting out of here and a successor.' But right now, that hasn't even come up," he said, according to the Post-Gazette.

"I haven't even thought of it," Paterno said, according to the report. "I suppose it's up to them how they want to handle it. It's probably up to them whether they'll let me coach 2, 3, 4 or 5 more years, I don't know.

"Hopefully, I'm not going to be a crotchety old man and not handle ... when it's time to go, go. I just feel so good right now, I'd hate to put a timetable on when I'm going to get out of here,' Paterno said, according to the report.

Paterno, who will coach his 500th game when Penn State plays Texas A&M in the Valero Alamo Bowl in San Antonio on Dec. 29, has 371 career wins, second only to Bowden, who has 373.

Bowden, 78, is expected to to return for his 33rd season next year and has a rollover contract giving the option to stay longer. Paterno, meanwhile, has been campaigning for a new deal since the regular season ended.

Urruita had an 'odd' year to say the least.....What he runs in the 40 will determine how high he goes....People dont want Mike Williams pt.2 (speedwise)....Plus, Harry Douglass is better than him anyway....from what I have seen...

SN exclusive: WVU's Rodriguez, Michigan meet
Email this article E-MAIL
Sporting News - Print this article PRINT
COMMENTS 14 Sporting News - User Comments
WATCH THIS TOPIC
Sporting News - RSS Feed
Posted: December 14, 2007
Sporting News staff reports

There's a new twist in Michigan's ongoing search for a head coach: University officials are meeting with West Virginia coach Rich Rodriguez, according to Sporting News Radio correspondent Michael Bradley.

Rodriguez and his agent are in Toledo today to negotiate with Michigan athletic director Bill Martin and university president Mary Sue Coleman, a source close to the situation told Bradley.

Michigan has been looking for a head coach since Lloyd Carr announced his retirement Nov. 19 after 13 seasons leading the program.

It was assumed LSU coach Les Miles was Michigan's top target. But Miles denied he was going to Michigan at a press conference before the SEC championship game, and signed an extension to stay at LSU. He also issued a statement earlier this week saying he as not a candidate for the Michigan job.

Greg Schiano was contacted about the job last week but decided to stay at Rutgers.

Rodriguez has been head coach at West Virginia since 2001. He has a 60-26 record with the Mountaineers, who face Oklahoma next month in the Fiesta Bowl.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

pimp.gif
Your acting like Cut was calling some Bill walsh type games this yr, He was garbage.
and btw, Randy Sanders is gon, so 2005 will never ever happen again.

Taylor for OC, Im starting the campaign on all Vols sites.
LMAO, NEVER gonna happen. You know why too.

LMAO, NEVER gonna happen. You know why too
Unfortunately, I do know why, its sad really.
as much as he has done in his 3 yrs at UT.
My dude went from RB coach in 1 yr, to turning around the entire WR unit (Meachem, Swayne & B. Smith) to Assistant Head Coach because UT knew he was gonnatake the Howard HC job. they need to do right by him and whats right for the team they need to offer him that position, I promise he's gonna get looks athead coaching positions somewhere soon. As far as best Recruiters in the SEC, I'd put him up there with Dan Mullins and the one cat at UGA (forgot hisname)

^ Y'all think its a race issue with Trooper Taylor?

Some are saying there will be up to 20 players involved in the FSU situation...Including numerous starters..

Back
Top Bottom