Real Deal College Football Discussion... no homers please

smh.gif

here's a piece of the story

[h2]Ex-Buccaneers Player Arrested[/h2]Thursday, December 06, 2007 12:12:01 AM

View Larger

A former University of Central Florida and NFL star is arrested on campus, accused of home invasion charges.

Charles Lee was booked into the Orange County Jail without bond just before 6 p.m. Wednesday after being taken into custody by campus police.

UCF police confirm to News 13 he is being investigated for a home invasion. However, they aren't releasing any more information.

UCF has been the target of a slew of recent violent invasions, but it's not known if Lee could be connected to any of those crimes.

This isn't the first time Lee has been in trouble with the law. Days before signing on with the Orlando Predators, Lee was charged with a number of offenses including possession of cocaine with a weapon, carrying a concealed firearm and carrying a concealed weapon.

Before heading back to Central Florida and signing on with the Predators, Lee played in the NFL for several teams, including the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

As for his place with the Predators, a team spokesperson said Lee is not on the team's current roster. He only played one game last year, and was released before the season was over.

Lee is expected to go before a judge Thursday morning.

Some news outlets are reporting that Grobe has decided to stay at Wake. Supposedly, WF made a counter offer. If this is true, then it would be the 4th ACCcoach (Butch, Jimbo, Bowden) that Ark has offered the job to, yet the coach gets a raise/extension and declines. I believe they were talking to Tuberville atone point as well.

Wow....Im surprised at Grobe leaving WF....

That's a great hire for Arkansas......Maybe, he will help out Casey ****....

I wonder how Skinner is gonna do next year.....That system fit him perfectly.....

Im sooooo glad Kenny Moore is leaving this year....
laugh.gif
smh.gif

He sucks, i dont want leach touching UCLA. that 6 WR set he throws out there ant going to fly VS good teams just like it doesnt at Tech. his offense kills yourown defense no matter how much talent u got on D its either a quick 3 and out or a quick Touchdown so your D is on the field way to much. and i ant sold on hisrecruiting, texas is a big enough state that on 2nd rate talent u can win and tech has done none of that A&M has sucked@%%@ big time and he cant even stealrecruits from them.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

who would you have win the award? as if I needed to ask ...

Thanks for answering Gunna.
I know Dorsey is great. But how can you deny the season that Long had?

75 tackles
19 TFL
14 sacks
7 passes defended
2 FF
1 safety
1 blocked kick

Stats don't tell the whole story, but this is in a 3-4. You damn well know DEs in a 3-4 shouldn't put up numbers like that. Not to mention he led ourteam to one of the best seasons we've ever had.

dorsey won the lombardi based on what he did the last 2 years. if it was this year than sedrick ellis should have gotten it over him based on the stats.

I thought that Long was gonna get it for the simple fact that Dorsey was hurt and unable to play up to his potential...

But I have no issue w/ Dorsey getting the award....

RALEIGH, N.C. -- Coach Jim Grobe will return next season to Wake Forest, having apparently rebuffed an attempt by Arkansas to hire him to replace Houston Nutt.

"He called and said he wants to continue as our football coach," Demon Deacons athletic director Ron Wellman said Thursday.

The Grobe-to-Arkansas speculation started late Wednesday, after a private university fundraising arm approved a salary supplement for the Wake Forest coach. There was no official word from Arkansas, however, on whether Grobe would replace Nutt, who quit Nov. 26 and was hired almost immediately by Mississippi.

Wellman declined to say whether Arkansas formally offered Grobe the job. Arkansas athletic director Jeff Long said in a statement that no formal offer or agreement has been reached with a possible replacement.

"I understand and appreciate the strong interest in the search by our supporters and fans," Long said. "Our parameters for the search remain the same, finding the best head football coach for the University of Arkansas. We will continue to work expeditiously to that end and I'm confident that we will achieve our goal."

Grobe did not immediately returned several messages left by the Associated Press. In keeping with the policy of the small private school, Wellman declined to say if Grobe's salary or compensation had changed.

The 55-year-old Grobe is 45-39 in seven seasons at Wake Forest, one of the smallest schools in the Bowl Subdivision. He led the Demon Deacons to an ACC title and berth in the Orange Bowl last season. This year, Wake Forest finished 8-4 and will play Connecticut in the Charlotte-based Meineke Bowl on Dec. 29.

The consecutive bowl appearances are the first in school history.

Earlier this week, Grobe said he would listen if schools approached him about their vacancies, but stressed that he was not chasing other jobs and was content to continue coaching at Wake Forest, a program he rebuilt by patiently redshirting freshmen and developing them through their five seasons.

Last year, he repeatedly denied reports that he was a candidate for the Alabama opening, and in February signed a 10-year contract extension that runs through the 2016 season.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

miles offical signs his contract with LSU

Poor Michigan fans been calling locks all year for there team and they have failed at all of them
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Greg Schiano, head coach at Rutgers, was informally interviewed on Tuesday for the Michigan vacancy, according to a published report.

The (New Jersey) Star-Ledger, in a story on its Web site, said Schiano met "for quite a while" with Michigan athletic director Bill Martin about the opening to succeed Lloyd Carr, who announced his resignation two weeks ago after 13 years as the Wolverines' head coach.

The newspaper cited an unidentified person who speaks regularly with Schiano. Neither Schiano, 41, nor Martin could be reached Thursday night for comment.

Rutgers athletic director Bob Mulcahy said Schiano's agent, Bryan Harlan, "asked for permission to meet" with Martin, but Michigan has yet to seek permission to formally speak with Schiano, according to The Star-Ledger.

"I have not heard anything formally from Michigan -- yet," Mulcahy told the paper.

The paper cited unidentified sources saying the meeting took place Tuesday night in New York during the College Football Hall of Fame banquet at a midtown Manhattan hotel. Though Michigan has made no official offer to Schiano, the paper reported one could be coming soon.

Schiano, who was named the 2006 Big East Coach of the Year, has led the Scarlet Knights to a 37-46 record and three bowl appearances -- including the International Bowl against Ball State on Jan. 6 -- in seven years.

A year ago, Schiano turned down a chance to become coach at Miami, where was defensive coordinator before coming to Rutgers. Schiano signed a four-year extension through 2016 that will pay him $1.7 million annually after pulling out of contention for the Miami job.

The deal contains a buyout of $750,000 if Schiano were to leave Rutgers between the end of the 2007 regular season and the beginning of the 2008 campaign.

Schiano was asked Monday during his weekly news conference about speculation linking him to Michigan and said, "We're not going to start this stuff again."

"I haven't spoken to anybody about any job," he said, "and that's where I'm going to leave it."

Martin has said he is looking for the next Carr, who led Michigan to the 1997 national championship and five Big Ten titles while keeping the school above suspicions about NCAA violations.

He had received permission to speak with LSU coach Les Miles after the Tigers played Southeastern Conference championship game on Saturday, but that meeting never took place, Miles signed a contract extension to stay at LSU on Thursday.

Others coaches whose names have been mentioned for the Michigan job include Wake Forest's Jim Grobe, California's Jeff Tedford, Missouri's Gary Pinkel, North Carolina State's Tom O'Brien and Ball State's Brady Hoke.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Word is that Paul Johnson has agreed to leave Navy to take the HC job at Georgia Tech. The article is quick to stress that nothing is final until the contractis signed, given the way coaches' have flipped the last few days...

Johnson's offense should be
eek.gif
with Nesbitt and Dwyer for the next fewyears. I'm assuming they will stay. Not sure if we might see some guys (WRs, specifically) transfer out now. Taylor Bennett better get familiar with thebench now...which is where he belonged anyway.

No word on Tenuta's status with the team.

Also, Rivals says that Julio Jones has decided on his official visits. He will see Alabama, Florida, Florida State, Oklahoma and...Texas Tech.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Interesting.....Shiano @UMich??

What do Wolverine fans think of this???
It has come and gone. I was assured he would be the man from a source very close but last minute changes made him stay at Rutgers. I have no clue whatis going on with this search. The #1 is still Chris Petersen (Boise St) for me, but I have heard that Michigan is still going to go after Miles. I know theyhave said the contract has been signed but who knows. Many people that are backing Miles have made their thoughts known about Carr and Martin in regards toMiles. Many are not happy at. The insiders on one site say that he is their #1 NOW but was #3 at the start (Ferentz:1 and Schiano:2). Just what I have heard. Iexpect something to be done soon but the talk about Brady Hoke has made me very sad. Nothing like hiring a douche who is 22-36 at BALL STATE. Michigan's ADis a complete tool. I have sent 20 emails to him telling him as much.

laugh.gif
OMG, you're that guy.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

you re prolly under more police and campus surveillance then a career criminal. Michigan University officials prolly know where you're located at alltimes. Nothin better happen to that AD, or you're gonna be the number 1 person brought in for questioning

Originally Posted by ddot7

Michigan's AD is a complete tool. I have sent 20 emails to him telling him as much.
laugh.gif
OMG, you're that guy.

laugh.gif
roll.gif

Also, Rivals says that Julio Jones has decided on his official visits. He will see Alabama, Florida, [color= rgb(102, 0, 0)]Florida State[/color], Oklahoma and...Texas Tech.
laugh.gif

Come on down to Tally Julio....Jimbo and the boys have something in store for you....

ATLANTA -- Navy coach Paul Johnson, who turned one of the country's worst teams into an annual bowl participant, has agreed to become Georgia Tech's next football coach, Navy athletics director Chet Gladchuk confirmed Friday morning.

Johnson, who had a 45-39 record in six seasons at Navy, replaces Chan Gailey, who was fired as Georgia Tech's coach Nov. 26.

"Paul is fixated on what Paul wants to do and that's the next step and new challenges at Georgia Tech," Gladchuck said. "We appreciate what Paul has done and we'll always remember him as one of the great coaches in Navy history. But we're very respectful of his wishes for new challenges at Georgia Tech."

Johnson, who is perhaps best known for his potent triple-option spread offense, led the Midshipmen to unprecedented success during his tenure at the academy. Under his watch, Navy was 11-1 against Army and Air Force and won the Commander-In-Chief's Trophy five consecutive seasons.

Navy went 8-4 this season and beat Notre Dame 46-44 in triple overtime, ending an NCAA-record 43-game losing streak to the Fighting Irish.

Navy plays Utah in the Dec. 20 San Diego Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl. Gladchuk said Johnson will not coach in the bowl game.

Johnson previously worked at Division I-AA Georgia Southern, where he led the Eagles to a 62-10 record and two consecutive I-AA national championships.

Johnson also was considered a candidate for vacancies at Duke and SMU, but informed both of those schools Friday morning that he wasn't taking either job.

Georgia Tech also considered former Washington coach Rick Neuheisel, former Auburn coach Terry Bowden, Georgia Southern coach Chris Hatcher and Florida defensive coordinator Charlie Strong. Connecticut coach Randy Edsall also interviewed for the job, but quickly removed himself from consideration.

Mark Schlabach covers college football for ESPN.com.

Great Hire by G-tech, Johnson is a very good coach wanted UCLA to look at him dude knows his football and how to run a offense

^doesnt FSU already have that QB from VA Beach coming in next year?

edit: nvmd i got Julio Jones confused with Terrelle Pryor (dont ask me why)

Wait a daggum second...tell me Michigan isn't falling to Arkansas-type levels.

Les Miles - "Nah, I'll just sign a nice, long extension at LSU"
Greg Schiano - "I'll pass and I don't even need a damn pay raise, I got that courtesy of Miami last year"

I wonder what Peterson will say. ..

Nice hire by GT though, Paul Johnson could do big things in the ACC with those backs. I hope Tenuta goes somewhere else.

Back
Top Bottom