Real Deal College Football Discussion... no homers please

a quick comparitive glimpse at Nashville Tn's WR products from few yrs ago.

6 ft 180 lb * * * recruit
Austin Rogers 49 receptions 550 yards 3 Tds

6'5" 235 lb * * * * * recruit
Patrick Turner 46 receptions 534 yards 3 Tds

nerd.gif

MAN You already know I cant stand Austin Rogers sorrrass. But Turner was suppopsed to be thsi next level star outta high school. I dunno what happened to himman. He's going into his SR yr too
smh.gif

Just goes to show, There's no recruiting service that can measure heart, learning curve and "want to"

[table][tr][td]ALAMO: Big Ten #4 vs. Big 12 #5 (Dec. 29, 8 p.m., ESPN)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]The Matchup: Michigan vs. Texas A&M
The Buzz: Both coaches are on the way out.[/td] [td]
michigan_statslogo.gif
tamu_statslogo.gif
[/td] [/tr][/table]
sick.gif
indifferent.gif

I can't see Boise St. jumping that high unless there's a huge shakeup in the standings. Even if they beat Hawaii theyhave one loss and to a terrible Washington team and there is no way they would deserve to be there.

those bowl predictions are OFF...NO way in hell Cal gets invited to the Sun Bowl, as that goes to Pac-10 #3, and last time I checked we're now like #5 or 6(can't say i'm 100% sure but i'm too lazy to look at the standings) and even if we get 2 teams in the BCS, Oregon State and possibly UCLA will getto better bowls (and i very well am probably missing out on teams besides ASU/Oregon/USC)....they're headed to the Emerald Bowl in all likelihood even ifthey lose the big game.

I feel real bad for OSU. This is gonna be the 2nd year in arow that the Big 10 loses out on having a contender in the BCS title game because of not playing thelast two weeks of the season.

If Georgia wins out, and that means winning the SEC title game. They are gonna jump over OSU.

Originally Posted by The Wizard

I feel real bad for OSU. This is gonna be the 2nd year in arow that the Big 10 loses out on having a contender in the BCS title game because of not playing the last two weeks of the season.

If Georgia wins out, and that means winning the SEC title game. They are gonna jump over OSU.

WVU would run wild over OSU. If OSU thought Illinois' offense was tough to contain...
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
If the buckeyes somehow weasel their way back into the title game its gonna be arepeat of last yr. against WV

You know what's funny. Every team that is at the top of the standings, their SOS is challenged. I've given up on this whole SOS thing. What may seem asa strong conference to one person, is an overrated conference to another.

Everything about college football has something to do with perception, and none of it has to do with facts.

I think there should be a way to standardize schedule, so that you can't play more than 1 or 2 Division 1-AA team.

wait... yall talking bout WVU that couldnt beat USF???

no team this year is as nice as Florida last year, so kill that noise

Originally Posted by Gunna B Me

and finally, Imma go out on a limb and say there will be no undefeated teams from any BCS conference and there will be hella contraversy at the end of the season about bowl seedigns

The Andre Berto Movement
Get Down or Lay Down
that dude Gunna B me seen it, plz believe it, I reaaly mean it ...

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

wait... yall talking bout WVU that couldnt beat USF???

no team this year is as nice as Florida last year, so kill that noise

Yeah, and we're also talkin about that OSU that couldn't beat the offensive juggernaut that is Illinois.

Your point?

forget about who beat who.

look at what styles gives teams a fit.

OSU does not want to see Oregon (with a healthy Dixon), WVU, and possibly Missouri. They arent built to stop spread offenses.

^I think they could stop Missouri but WVU would be tough since White is much faster than Daniels.

And WVU could stop ohio state from running the ball right at them?? Flordia had a good fast defense and the same for illionis something WVU doesn't have.Ohio state could put points vs them

Well I say that Daniels gives me hope as far as the type of athlete he is. Daniels isn't Dixon, and Leaf isn't Daniels, but I would say that Leaf iscloser to Daniels than Daniels is to Dixon.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuut, we'll find out whether or not Leaf and run the offense that is the Oregon Offense...

smh.gif
at injuries...

athletically here's a lil comparison...

Dixon = Randall Cunningham

Chase Daniel = Steve Young

Brady Leaf = Drew Bledsoe

GUNNA you know about college football but how can you ? Turner. PT has had to take the backseat to Jarrett and Smith and this aint the spread
option we run here in LA so he hasnt really had a chance to reach his potential. but he has over 2 100yd games when they have gone to him
consistently i think he will be a 1st round pick if he has a good year next yr. And may i remind you "STATS MEAN NOTHING" Jarrett had better
recieving stats than ANY and I mean ANY reciever coming out last year including your avatar, who has done nothing for detroit. what happened
jarrett fell to the second why? because he didnt run fast enough when he wore shorts. so explain why we should give stats importance and use
them to justify someones "heart". Turner has heart this dude challeged Mauluga and lived to talk about it even though it cost him a game this
year due to a concusion he suffered from the vicious hit REY REY put on him. So PLEASE dont call out Turner give him a chance to show himself
now that the USC heavy weights have moved on.

Im just sayin, this was "supposed" to be his yr to put up insane numbers. thats what we had all been sold, I didnt question his heart tho, i gave 3variables that recruiting services can not measure (heart, learning curve, and the desire to want to be the best) . We all know, PT has all the god givenability in the world, I mean any WR that is 6'5 230 can run a 4.5 with ease and can jump out the gym is expected to be a man amongst boys in college. whyisnt it his size, speed and skill translating into production? thats basically what I want to know.

hahaha he's back from his hiatus.

Gunna i'm surprised he didn't use video evidence to back up his claims.

I said Rudy Carpenter was better than Booty, and he was ready to kill me.

Originally Posted by Ricky x19x

V. tech has 2 LB's and a corner on d. that aint much wizard West Virginia ain't crap that fool slaton "OH MY ARM" remember last year haha punk fool. FSU has not been relevant since their 30 year old QB and peter warrick left. Who they had that has had some balls rix, rouse, weatherford, lee. <====== pathetic wake forest is a joke come on that is like stanford winning the Pac-10 this year would you think they are for real no. they would be a 1 hit wonder just like wake. and i think in 04 va tech beat sc w/ this same formula you speak of right. oops no they didnt. you want me to keep going i can no problem.
haha oh what a great argument. except his beloved team lost to Stanford lol.

Back
Top Bottom