Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Moving Goalpost GIF - Moving Goalpost Argument - Discover & Share GIFs

Speaking of Wayne performing… I saw him at Bonnaroo in 2011, he was like 45 mins late and the performance was the most forgettable of the 100 plus shows I’ve seen. Made me not care about ever trying to see him again.

Not to mention he released an album full of studio session/unfinished songs in Untitled.

Which is better than anything in Drake’s disco lol, thanks for the reminder

And casual hip hop listeners were partying too Track 2 and 7.

I saw Virgil do an DJ set at some club in NY in 2016 and all he did was play Kanye and Kendrick , those songs from untitled had people turning up.

Which is better than anything in Drake’s disco lol, thanks for the reminder

And casual hip hop listeners were partying too Track 2 and 7.

I saw Virgil do an DJ set at some club in NY in 2016 and all he did was play Kanye and Kendrick , those songs from untitled had people turning up.
Just admit your slightly biased. This is insane. You don't like Drake or his music cool, but untitled is better than NWTS and Take Care and IYRTITL?

Just admit your slightly biased. This is insane. You don't like Drake or his music cool, but untitled is better than NWTS and Take Care and IYRTITL?

I have and do enjoy some Drake songs, but a full project has never captured me.

As a collection of songs and the quality , yes I feel untitled I mastered is stronger than any of those Drake albums. All 3 of those albums have filler in my opinion and have songs I just can’t get into. Even when NWTS dropped and I had nothing against Drake at all, I enjoyed probably about half of it.

And to this day, I don’t understand the Take Care hype. There are maybe 6-7 songs I really enjoy from that project.

If you’re reading this , was Quintin Millers album, but was solid

Maybe in accumulative steams, but by the time Not Like Us has been out as long as Humble it wont be close.

Take Care is criminally overrated imo but we don’t have to talk about it. :lol:
I revisited it at a while ago and yeah my opinion of it went down quite a bit. The only song that still gets regular plays on my Spotify is Marvin's Room :smh::lol:
His best work imo is NWTS for sure. Not a fan of much past that besides the occasional couple tracks here and there.

Take Care is criminally overrated imo but we don’t have to talk about it. :lol:

I felt that when it released and I feel it today.

The beat to Lord Knows is phenomenal though, Just Blazed blessed that song. I miss Just Blaze producing tracks like that.

The Buried Alive interlude is amazing too but it's not really something you just play out of the blue.

Back
Top Bottom