Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

The fact JMB keeps saying “that the youth didn’t like.”

Proves that he’s more worried about songs with no meaning that teenagers turn up to than music with substance.

JMB , are you Drake ? 🤣

How? They got the universal deal off BG success and Juvie kicked the door down with 400 Degreez. BG is more of prodigy than Wayne. Choppa City is a classic. BG was like 17 on that.
How does any of this go against Wayne being a child prodigy and having an impact on CMR during their peak?

Proves that he’s more worried about songs with no meaning that teenagers turn up to than music with substance.

JMB , are you Drake ? 🤣
Not just teens i mean youth is anyone from 20-35 that still goes out, that still listens to music at parties and clubs.

Wayne is not "thee" goat imo but he's somewhere in the top 10 for me.

Here's why he gets my respect. He couldn't curse for the first 5-6 years of his career and was still the best lyricist on his label. He told stories, had clever punchlines and made adult themed music during a time when teenage rappers were trying to lean more pop star (ie Bow Wow, ). I lost my dad around the same time Wayne lost his. "Up to me" was therapeutic for me during that time and helped me deal with the loss. There was some substance to go along with the flexing bars. Also, "Bling" is in the dictionary because of a 15 yr old kid from NOLA.

Then the Hot Boys disband, and he's left to hold an entire label down and keep them relevant. Man had to keep CM afloat with Mack 10, Boo & Gotti, TQ AND Baby. And he succeeded. A lotta folks were killing him for siding with Baby during the split too. But he tuned it out and kept making solid music.

Mixtape/Squad Wayne was a wild time. he was literally rapping over anything. But a lotta them songs were hit or miss. I still give him credit for giving his fans that much content but i'd be lying if I said everything was fire. And he introduced me to Spitta.

Carter era Wayne was his peak because he finally stepped out of the CM box. He was working with different artists and producers frequently. I love Manny fresh and his production, but hearing Wayne over Heatmakerz, Jazze Pha or Kanye beats on a studio album just felt different. And imo he was rapping like he had something to prove. But the substance was mostly gone, and it just became about showing off the delivery. Then he found Drake n Nicki and yall know the rest.

And with all that said... that n**** still shouldn't headline the SB

New Kendrick fans huh?

Tell me why in 2012, the most casual of music fans were wearing shirts that said “B don’t kill my vibe”

Dude headlined festivals in 2015 and since then. The Mr Morale tour sold great! The DAMN tour was also a moment, hell the DAMN release was crazy and had people theorizing over a second album. Then he did the Black Panther soundtrack.
, which is greatness.

But Kendrick wasn’t relevant before, give me a break …. How delusional
I was there for all of this. Kendrick was always relevant. However he has the most buzz in the streets and with the culture than he's had since GKMC or DAMN. All through the disses. In pop culture right now he's big. He cooled off for a second but he's back in that market. But I give him credit. Dude made the biggest hit of 2024. I aint think he had it in him

New Kendrick fans huh?

Tell me why in 2012, the most casual of music fans were wearing shirts that said “B don’t kill my vibe”

Dude headlined festivals in 2015 and since then. The Mr Morale tour sold great! The DAMN tour was also a moment, hell the DAMN release was crazy and had people theorizing over a second album. Then he did the Black Panther soundtrack.
, which is greatness.

But Kendrick wasn’t relevant before, give me a break …. How delusional
Not to mention he released an album full of studio session/unfinished songs in Untitled.

He was talking about Drake still getting “club play in 2024” back in may. He’s not to be taken seriously.
He was. I was just in the club last week fam. I aint got no kids, Im still somewhat a young man. I know what the shorties and people are listening to. I also love hip hop and love the history. of it. I think I have a good grasp on what im talking about

We got different definitions of being a prodigy. People was calling Nas and Prodigy top 3-5 rappers as teens. Nobody was calling Wayne that back then.
Birdman on bling bling said Wayne was a prodigy. And he was the most skilled rapper of the crew at 16. Didn’t have the best album at the age but he was the most talented. He stood the test of time

Prodigy’s best work was on the infamous? He was 21 then. Same age Wayne was on C1. Nas is a once in a lifetime rapper. Wont see anything like him again

Do you think earl sweatshirt is a prodigy?

My biggest issue with Wayne is that he rarely says anything in his music and this dates back to his mixtape era. It was about "how" he said something verse what he was actually saying imo
I was a fan of Wayne during his run but this is facts. He had some bars that made absolutely no sense but he said it so convincingly that he had me second guessing myself like wait..maybe that's hot and it's me who doesn't get it :lol:. They can't stop me...even if they STOPPED me is an all timer

Birdman on bling bling said Wayne was a prodigy. And he was the most skilled rapper of the crew at 16. Didn’t have the best album at the age but he was the most talented. He stood the test of time

Do you think earl sweatshirt is a prodigy?

Birdman said?? :lol: Bruh

Wayne was not more talented than Juvie or BG back then. What are you talking about? :lol:

Earl Sweatshirt is a cool rapper but boring.

JMB , are you Drake ? 🤣
Same thing when dudes say that 'you can't play this in front of the **** so its not hot' like that's who we listen to music for :lol:

Folks have families these days, couldn't care less what's hot with the teens or ****.

Type of **** should have zero bearing on someone grown's musical taste. Nobody should be forcing themselves to rock with anything just for outside approval.

Same thing when dudes say that 'you can't play this in front of the **** so its not hot' like that who we listen to music for :lol:

Folks have families these days, couldn't care less what's hot with the kids or ****.

Type of **** should have zero bearing on someone grown's musical taste. Nobody should be forcing themselves to rock with anything just for outside approval.

Same dudes pumping Sexy Red probably

1726075528721.png

I never said people have to like what other people like. You can listen to whoever tf you want to. I encourage it. I was just stating my observations. It’s just reality. Kenny won the battle y’all can get out y’all’s feelings.

Back
Top Bottom