Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Larry June needs to stop claiming independent. This is his most polished project and you can tell he's got an infusion of cash to work with. He clearly hasn't been for a while.

At this point whenever i see someone say they're independent i just take it as they're not signed to a major label, but a lot of these dudes have partners funding them, or put in enough work on the road & dropping music that they could invest in themselves.

I think the new wave is to claim independent as a label but have major distribution that’s really doing the legwork for your collective.

You forget that judgement against him that he's hiding money from?

He do gotta pay that out, but again idk these ****** personal finances & investments to know if they have bread or not. Still doesn't change the fact that Game is a artist with several multi platinum records & features. He could go tour the world & pickup a nice bag. It also help that he seems to have great relationships with a lot of the industry based on the features he's had the past few albums despite being independent

I just don't think record sales really matter much once you get to a certain stature, being the "hottest" is a game for the newer artist

Attachments

• 08F76D6F-7998-41D5-A125-DA7BF9718009.jpeg
    08F76D6F-7998-41D5-A125-DA7BF9718009.jpeg
    209.7 KB · Views: 790
I don’t know how to search and all that but was it rbk93 rbk93 ?
Definitely not me, I’m not a Game fan.

Either way, album was solid. I felt it was worth the two hour listen. I’ve played it like 3-4 times through already.

I don’t get caught up in sales anymore. No one should really.

Back
Top Bottom