Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I feel hip-hop is in a interesting place right now. The SoundCloud rappers have fallen off, the over hyped mediocre rappers are very quiet searching for a record. The top tier record movers have been sound asleep for years, Drake aside.

It's a completely wide open lane for a super talented artist that's actually different. I'm sure labels are scrambling looking for the next one but it's probably way harder now that people can control their own destiny.

I feel like the time is fading away for the medicore artist all these labels are pushing (ie. QC). The people are demanding more than just murder death kill in every record. If you truly look at who's selling records and the content its obvious.

who really wants a 36 track compilation....... let alone one from QC :lol:

It makes sense with a compilation, but this long albums but short songs phase is getting out of hand. When you do like a song, it's going to be short and over soon.

Banks appreciation :smokin

Banks jacking for beats used to make cats forget about the original track :lol:

Over 20 **** that do what I say so
Fight over me like the *****es on the Flavor Flav show :smokin

I heard all the talk but refuse to play a part
In beefin with a ***** that was on Change of Heart :sick:

I pass bullets so the gun goes with me
And the bullets are the size of Mutumbo's pinky
And they automatic which means they unload quickly
I hit these n****s with a Drum-role 50 they make another song
Get a b**** pregnant, wrong
I don't trust myself
I walked into the hotel with the rubber on.

I feel hip-hop is in a interesting place right now. The SoundCloud rappers have fallen off, the over hyped mediocre rappers are very quiet searching for a record. The top tier record movers have been sound asleep for years, Drake aside.

It's a completely wide open lane for a super talented artist that's actually different. I'm sure labels are scrambling looking for the next one but it's probably way harder now that people can control their own destiny.

I feel like the time is fading away for the medicore artist all these labels are pushing (ie. QC). The people are demanding more than just murder death kill in every record. If you truly look at who's selling records and the content its obvious.

Someone like Chance was being pushed to that tier and then fumbled the ball going in to the end zone.

dafb37eda8b99019fb2302c64488f703.gif

Whoa, Banks putting you to sleep????? ****in wylin

Classic Man freshening up on his Banks bars to rap to the hos at night still

Whoa, Banks putting you to sleep????? ****in wylin

Classic Man freshening up on his Banks bars to rap to the hos at night still

Nah I got Smile burned in my brain. Still know it by heart 13 years later. :smokin

Speaking of Classic Man, new Jidenna next Friday. :smokin

Last edited:
Quality Control and their hard drive dumps :rofl:

Skipping anything with Thug and Yachty, but looking at the whole track list, I may not even listen to that second half other than the Offset/Mango Foo (what a name :rofl:) song

QC compilations are always an attempt to force Yachty upon us :smh: :lol:.

Back
Top Bottom