Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I see your point. I’d argue that Drake gets those features and bigger hits because of the perception around him. We’ve literally coined the phrase “the drake stimulus package” for the *****. Cats not rushing to get into the studio with Wale because he complains like a bird sometimes. One is cool to stand next to, the other... not so much.

I don't think we'll ever know how people truly feel about Drake. He's hot and popular, so people will fake it because they can gain from the association.

Finally 300 gave him his due

Screenshot_20190731-130211_Instagram.jpg

I wouldn't put Future in that convo either, but I would also leave Drake out of it

I could see why due to the ghost writing rumors... but we still have no idea of just how much of it was written. in terms of verses alone if we blanking that out Drake is in that convo, because he's another dude who can get busy when really necessary, i just think the hype is TOO much for him at times. I wanna punch someone anytime i hear him 7 Jay in the same convo in terms of rap.

Also if we talking 2010 & up... I get pusha been around since the 2000's but he started this solo career right around 2010 & has been the most consistent out of all those guys not named Kendrick. 2 Chainz another guy who has a claim to that if we're being honest

I could see why due to the ghost writing rumors... but we still have no idea of just how much of it was written. in terms of verses alone if we blanking that out Drake is in that convo, because he's another dude who can get busy when really necessary, i just think the hype is TOO much for him at times. I wanna punch someone anytime i hear him 7 Jay in the same convo in terms of rap.

Also if we talking 2010 & up... I get pusha been around since the 2000's but he started this solo career right around 2010 & has been the most consistent out of all those guys not named Kendrick. 2 Chainz another guy who has a claim to that if we're being honest

I'm rarely impressed by Drake's bars and the ghostwriting thing doesn't help. And his fans and the hype behind EVERYTHING he does is gross. Now he can rap, will never say he's not great at what he does. As long as he doesn't do that talk-over-the-beat flow, he's good with me.

I'd agree with 2 Chainz if that last album wasn't a lil disappointing, good but disappointing

Plenty of _’s was listening to Sean around 07-09 during his mixtape days, y’all gotta stop doing this :lol:

EXACTLY bruh. N_ be actin like subcontractors who hired a bunch of drunkards to do side work.

“Where’s our money, it’s been 3 weeks?”

“Oh, I forgot”

Why does someone being corny bother y’all so much :lol: do y’all go outside? Only Hang with certified ****** and shooters? Sounds like a sad existence to me. ****** gotta be cool for you to listen to they music? Even if it’s good? That’s weird

Also...random(doesn’t really apply to music) but necessary, it’s always black folks calling somebody corny. Literally the silliest critique of a person you can make...what about their character? Are they a good person? ****** stay worrying about how somebody talk, how they dress...etc. it’s beyond me.

Last edited:
Plenty of _’s was listening to Sean around 07-09 during his mixtape days, y’all gotta stop doing this :lol:

Doing what? I didn't ask "plenty of _'s" I asked him. :lol:

And let's not act like Big Sean was some mixtape rapper with a big buzz back then. He didn't really start buzzing til summer/fall 2010.

Why does someone being corny bother y’all so much :lol: do y’all go outside? Only Hang with certified *****s and shooters? Sounds like a sad existence to me. *****s gotta be cool for you to listen to they music? Even if it’s good? That’s weird

Not to say i never listened to a corny ****** music, but the best music is usually a true representation of a person, and if said person is corny it kind of bleeds into the music & the delivery of it in many ways.

This is the Big Sean I remember from back then. But also...I was heavily into Boosie, Lupe, Max and Gucci during this era. But when *****s was saying Big Sean...I thought of TI$A hats and bubble gum rap.

Not to say i never listened to a corny *****s music, but the best music is usually a true representation of a person, and if said person is corny it kind of bleeds into the music & the delivery of it in many ways.

I disagree because if you’re truly talented you could rap/sing about stuff you never experienced but make it good. Part of being an artist IMO. Your music don’t necessarily have to be about you or a representation of you. Atleast not the content

Why does someone being corny bother y’all so much :lol: do y’all go outside? Only Hang with certified *****s and shooters? Sounds like a sad existence to me. *****s gotta be cool for you to listen to they music? Even if it’s good? That’s weird

Also...random(doesn’t really apply to music) but necessary, it’s always black folks calling somebody corny. Literally the silliest critique of a person you can make...what about their character? Are they a good person? *****s stay worrying about how somebody talk, how they dress...etc. it’s beyond me.

I’ve called dudes like Future, Meek, and many other dudes corny. “Shooting” don’t make you certified. You got this misconception that being in the streets make you solid. We all know that is a fallacy, “street dudes” ain’t absolved of being corny or lame. A person who stands on their laurels is certified. IDGAF if you a college graduate, or a garbage man. Certified means you stand tall no matter what the circumstances.

Calling someone corny is not necessarily a negative connotation. I’ve been called lame
or corny for not being a drinker or smoker, IDGAF about people’s opinions. Saying “corny” is just a means of calling someone out for being desperate to fit in. :lol:

I’ve called dudes like Future, Meek, and many other dudes corny. “Shooting” don’t make you certified. You got this misconception that being in the streets make you solid. We all know that is a fallacy, “street dudes” ain’t absolved of being corny or lame. A person who stands on their laurels is certified. IDGAF if you a college graduate, or a garbage man. Certified means you stand tall no matter what the circumstances.

Calling someone corny is not necessarily a negative connotation. I’ve been called lame
or corny for not being a drinker or smoker, IDGAF about people’s opinions. Saying “corny” is just a means of calling someone out for being desperate to fit in. :lol:

Got it, but you have to admit, one type of person is called corny more often than the other, more times than not.

Back
Top Bottom